- Text Size +
May 23rd 2004, our armies closed in on them, I sat glued to the television knowing that my father was somewhere in that chaos. The armies of the world pushed forward, as the first shots fired, we watched in glee as their bullets struck the redheads arm. The second round came in from the air, as missiles fired at the trio. The tanks fired at will leaving nothing left on the table. A cloud of smoke encased the girls; the shots continued pouring in.

Everyone was cheering, it was like a 4th and goal stand and your team held, it was like watching Kevin Dyson streak across the field, watching him hit the 10, then the 5 then the 3, everyone erupting knowing the game is over, the game won, its in hand with just inches to go and then the unthinkable happens. Tackled, stopped, just inches shy as time ticks away.

Similar to than, as the smoke cleared; we could only watch in absolute amazement as they stood unharmed, untouched. The worlds collective jaw dropped, as we watched the blue haired girl lift her bat and take a batting stance, as the incoming air strike sped in we knew what was to come, I knew my father was going to die. Unlike the movies, it did not happen in slow motion, there was not some grandiose explosion. The blue haired giant swung; the tons upon tons of wood careened into the jets. It was like watching someone swat flies. In a single swing an entire fleet of planes gone, in a single instant I had no father.

I stared at the television unable to hold back my tears; I looked over at my older sister who had coming running into the room. She looked down at me as I looked up at her. Nothing needed to be said, I could not even catch her, as she collapsed. I just watched, the tears streaming down my face, my sister balling on the floor.

I could no longer watch as they stomped out the army. The last thing I saw was the black haired girl lifting her shoe above the fleeing ground support. The camera panned up and you could see chunks of earth raining down on the army, it was like watching an army of ants trying to flee. It was hopeless, her foot slammed into the earth. The shaking was said to be felt around the world. Our way of life was about to change.