- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I started out writing this story long ago. I wanted to write something truly up to my skill level and not something done without thought or care like most of my work.

I wanted to have one story that displayed what i could do, when i tried, when i showed effort. This is the result of that.


The morning started off as cold and dreary. No one suspected it as a sign of what was to come. The rain drops fell in unison around the world. The people call it now, the day the heavens wept, because never in our history as a planet, have we had it rain simultaneously around the world. People think that the rain was god crying at what was about to come. He was crying at what the creation he had just made would do to his children.

No one knows exactly how it happened, or why it happened. The causes even today are left unknown. ItÂ’s speculated to be just a bunch of random occurrences that happened to coincide at the right time.

What we do know is that a gang known as the Avengers broke into a reactor plant. The plant was thought to be shut down sometime shortly after the end of the cold war, however something ignited the reactor which is hypothesized to have made a chemical imbalance in the girls which caused them to grow to colossal proportions.

The thunderous crashing of the reactor plant was heard around the world. It was one of those times that everything stopped, like the day John F. Kennedy was shot; it was like September 11th, the day the twin towers fell. Only it was not a nation that was brought to a standstill, it was the world. Every broadcast signal was covering the same story, the same news, because nothing else mattered. It was the single moment that our planet was unified as one. The world could not believe what had just happened, nor could it ever imagine what was about to come.

I can remember exactly where I was when this all happened. It is a moment that will be forever engrained into my head. It is like how people say that when you die the last thing that you see is burned into your retinas. This very memory, this day, this event, is engraved into my head. It is something that I can never forget, a nightmare that haunts me as I sleep, a memory that forever burrows its way to the forefront of my mind.