- Text Size +
I remember watching CNN, they had an aerial shot of the reactor plant. The entire building was imploding. The walls were falling inward as the ground shook tearing the entire city apart. A plume of smoke shot up into the air engulfing the city. Clear as day the sirens, the screams, the horror of it all could be heard so clearly. It was as if everyone waited for the shot to change to anything else, because this, this panic, this terror, was all too real.

The screams of a million people in sheer utter panic cut through the air, the wails of babies crying rumbled through the television speakers. Everyone just stood where they were, staring at the television unable to move, unable to think. In the same moment, we heard all that terror then in the next, it was gone. There was not one remaining scream, not a single child crying for his mom, there was just the smoke. The smoke that hid the chaos and destruction that had just occurred; no one hoped that the smoke would clear, because as soon as it did everything we saw would be real, but as long as that smoke was there, we could fool ourselves for a moment longer.

I think we all wished that we could live in that moment right before this all happened, the moment before the implosion, before the discovery that would change everything; Those few precious moments before all this in which a single smile had not yet fallen into extinction.

Through the smoke we could all see a glimmer of blue, our eyes strained to see what it was, what it could possibly be, then next to the blue there was a bright fire engine red color, then between the two yet still behind was a black color. They looked to be domed in shape and were rising out of the smoke. They just kept rising taller and taller.

As the smoke cleared, we saw that there were three survivors, three, gigantic survivors. None of us could believe our eyes as we looked at them. They were unimaginably tall, the rubble of the entire city lay cluttered around there boots and shoes, they stood there looking confused and dazed at each other. We all watched not knowing what else to do or think.

No one knew what would happen next, but no one thought that what did happen next, would be what would happen. The black haired girl turned her head from left to right, her hair sliced through the air. I am told that everyone within two hundred miles of the implosion heard the cutting of her hair through the air; they felt a hurricane like blast of wind created from a simple swivel of her head. That gust of wind sent buildings to there knees, trees were ripped from there roots, bridges collapsed, cars over turned, people were lost and never heard from again.

“You lookin’ at me?” she sneered angrily as she looked into the now tiny camera. We all watched in horror as we all saw first hand the true magnitude of this girl. As she spoke we could see a lip ring the size of a car, her mouth hanging wide open could seemingly encompass the entire world. She pushed the helicopter past her lips and let it fall onto her tongue. We cringed as we helplessly watched her tongue rise up and curl around the helicopter. The sharp blades still spinning, the blades that could easily cut us in half were crushed like a ball of paper as her tongue wrapped around the helicopter. The camera went to black leaving with us with just the audio, the screams of the pilot and reporter sent chills down our spine. Then the television went silent.