- Text Size +

… until a giant sea horse grabbed the Joker by his diving suit and dragged him back to the door of Atlantis. Aquaman thanked Storm for his help.

 

Later, Aquaman swam to the surface and met up with the Brady Kids, the Scooby Doo team and the other four super heroes on the island.

 

“You have saved both my treasury and my toilet, not to mention my life,” said Aquaman, “And you did it by working together. Maybe we should form a team and work together regularly.”

 

“But what would we call ourselves?” asked Robin.

 

“Well the kids brought us all together,” said Wonder Woman, and then flashed Greg an apologetic look, as she realized that she had referred to her boyfriend as one of ‘the kids’, “It seems the four of us have come here as a result of having past friendships with kids and young adults.”

 

“Well Scooby Doo’s group found the island first,” said Jan, “How about calling your new team the Scooby Friends?”

 

“You need to trade on existing publicity,” said Velma, “Superman’s the most widely known of you. How about the Super Friends?”

 

They agreed on the name and decided to set their headquarters in Gotham City, as Batman and Robin had no super powers to enable easy travel to a headquarters.

 

Shaggy had gone missing, but they expected that he would turn up as soon as someone mentioned food. But Shaggy never did turn up, as far as any of them knew. He had actually tried to use Brainiac’s shrinking gun to reduce the follicles of his hair to an unnoticeable size. At first it had worked, shrinking his loose chin hairs out of visible existence. However, he’d left the ray turned on himself too long, and shrank his whole body to tiny size too.

 

Now clean shaven and miniscule, he climbed into the pocket of Marcia Brady while she was sitting down, and overheard Marcia inviting the rest of the Scooby gang over to her house, as they felt that they needed the comfort of their new friends at this time, with Mr Brady now lost to them.

 

Marcia unwittingly took Shaggy home with her, whereupon he took the opportunity to hide out in Cindy’s dolls house.

 

Greg and Diana Prince continued to date, but kept it under wraps, so that the Super Friends’ growing publicity would not affect the Brady Bunch. Alice married Sam the Butcher and moved out.

 

As the Scooby Doo team and the Brady Kids didn’t live anywhere near Gotham City, the Super Friends, nonetheless inspired by their child mascots in past solo adventures they’d had, took on two new junior members: Wendy and Marvin, and their Wonder Dog to replace Scooby and the other kids. All three were local Gotham City residents.

 

In time, Fred began dating the widowed Mrs Carol Brady.

 

Here’s the story of Super Heroes,

Who were bringing down two very nasty crooks.

Both of them wore red and blue and bits of yellow,

Just like in comic books.

 

Here’s the story of a famous Duo

Who were busy with their own persistent foes.

They had also teamed with kids and Aquafellow,

And soon came to blows.

 

Then came one day, when these heroes had a team-up,

And they knew that it was much more than mere trends,

That this group would form a League of Justice;

And that’s the way they all became the Super Friends.