- Text Size +

 “No wonder you were both with us in ancient Greece,” said Greg, “At first I wondered if it was your younger Wonder Woman self at that time. You don’t age do you?”

 

“Not visibly,” said Wonder Woman.

 

She and Greg collected Marcia, Peter and Jan and headed for the factory, where they found that Superman already arrived and examined some of Luthor’s notes that he’d located with his x-ray vision in a locked cupboard that he’d then forced open.

 

“I’ve uncovered Luthor’s plot,” said Superman, “thanks only to Cindy and Bobby. I’d never have found him in this lead lined factory, if they hadn’t stowed away in their father’s car.”

 

“He killed my Daddy!” said Cindy in tears.

 

“I think it was an accident, but one caused in the pursuit of a criminal venture nonetheless,” said Superman, “I’ll bring Luthor to justice, Cindy. That’s a promise. I didn’t know you’d met Wonder Woman too.”

 

“We shared an adventure recently,” said Wonder Woman, “What’s Luthor up to?”

 

“It all started when the Joker escaped from Gotham Penitentiary and went deep sea diving, hoping to hide out from Batman in an underwater cave. Instead he came across the undersea city of Atlantis,” said Superman, “He wanted to rob it of its considerable wealth, but knew that its king Aquaman would be even more of a threat than Batman. So he sought to bargain with other criminals, and soon contacted Luthor, who had worked with Brainiac before, and his own former partner in crime the Penguin. They’ve made a deal. Penguin has supplied a submarine to take Luthor’s Loo-Thaw hot water fusion device to Atlantis. Brainiac will turn invisible, sneak into Atlantis and install the device undetected in Aquaman’s royal toilet. Aquaman will blow himself up as soon as he sits on the toilet. Then the Joker, Penguin and Luthor will be able to loot Atlantis of all its undersea treasure.”

 

“But what does Brainiac get out of it?” asked Wonder Woman.

 

“Every time he’s tried shrinking people on the surface, to repopulate his planet Mega, I’ve known of it and stopped him,” said Superman, “But he counted on using Luthor’s device to get Aquaman out of the way, so that he could shrink the entire populace of Atlantis. We’ll need all the help we can get. You kids get into Wonder Woman’s invisible jet and seal the doors. I’ll fly after you and then carry the jet to Atlantis underwater. It’s not designed to move underwater, but it can under Superman power.”

 

So it was that Superman, Wonder Woman, the Brady Kids, Batman and Robin and the Scooby Doo team all converged on Atlantis, using the Invisible Jet and the Batsub.

 

Batman and Robin had not yet worked out the villains’ plan, but Batman’s infra red undersea goggles enabled him to see Brainiac, even after he’d turned invisible. Batman snuck in after Brainiac and sprayed him from behind, not enough to cover him, but enough to expose part of his back with bat-paint.

 

To his surprise, he saw Superman and Wonder Woman approaching too.

 

“Stop him!” said Batman, “He’s not fully invisible now.”

 

Superman lunged at Brainiac, snatching the Loo-Thaw device at super speed, leaving both of Brainiac’s hands free.

 

Before he could activate his force shield, Wonder Woman used her golden lasso to snare Brainiac’s hands, and tied them together.

 

Robin used the Bat-sonic gun and scrambled Brainiac’s circuits. While the four of them were occupied with this, Aquaman had caught an overconfident Luthor, Joker and Penguin about to raid the Atlantean vaults. The Joker was nimble and managed to outrun Aquaman, who had his hands full with Luthor and Penguin.

 

Joker made it to the open sea …