- Text Size +

The year is 2028.  Humanity has discovered a way to travel across the vast distances of deep space using a technology that can only be equated to a” stargate” like from the old television series.  Scientists started off sending probes to short-distance locations: the Moon, Venus and Mars.  They then expanded out farther, getting the closest pictures of the outer gas giant planets.

 

Eventually, they started to venture out way past our own solar system to distant stars with planets in semi-habitable zones around their stars.  That’s when they made a shocking discovery: other life forms.  But not just any life forms…humans!

 

The major governments of the world united in a way that had never been seen before.  Even the smaller countries that held thousand-year grudges with their neighbors managed to cease hostilities while the superpowers decided how to best make first contact.  It was finally decided to send a team of diplomats escorted by military special forces teams through the wormhole to make first contact.

 

However, when they got there, they made a very surprising discovery.  While they were humans in image, they were way bigger than those of us on Earth.  Measurements had a male of theirs, appearing to be a 5’8” Earth male, was about 1,200 feet tall, about the height of the Empire State Building.   Instead of trying to make direct contact with these beings, ultimately named “Humettas”, it was decided that more study should be done, which was fairly easy considering that humans were now the size of ants to these new beings.

 

In 2033, after five years of studying their language, culture, the astronomy of their solar system, and other aspects of their planet, it was decided that it was time to make contact.  Representatives from the United States, Great Britain, Russia and China led a task force of over 500 humans in an advanced space ship that would land in what was surveyed as an empty building that was down a road away from the main cities.

 

The story picks up with the team arriving on the new planet, Ametta…

==========

“Captain, we’ve arrived at the designated landing site.”

 

Captain Harrison watched as the bridge crew went about their business.  “Any signs that we’ve been noticed by any Humanettas?” he asked.

 

“No sir,” the helm officer replied, “no Humanettas on sensors.”

 

“Good.  Take us to our landing spot.”

 

The helm officer, Lieutenant McKayla McMillian, moved the ship into position right in front of a window on the second floor of the building.  “James, we’re in position.”

 

Behind her, the tactical officer Lieutenant James Starr locked onto the center of the pane of glass, or whatever the Humanetta equivalent is.  “Firing,” he said.  On the viewscreen, high-powered missiles shot out from the ship and impacted right on target, sending glass shattering all over the place.  Judging the hole as big enough for the ship to continue, McKayla maneuvered the ship into the building and landed over in the pre-designated corner opposite of what looked like a half-made bed.

 

When the ship set down, the captain activated the ship-wide speaker system.  “Attention crew of the Sojurn, we have successfully set down at our designated landing zone.  All science teams may disembark when ready.  Team leaders, be sure to report in every hour.  Bridge out.”

 

Down below in the shuttle bay, Dr. Margaret Downing walked up the ramp of the shuttle her team was assigned to   “Alright guys, let’s head out.  Remember, we’re basically going to be in a large bedroom.  Scans have shown the presence of insects three times the size of us, so keep your weapons handy.”  She lifted her laser rifle and cocked it, keeping the safety in place.  “Preliminary reports also show that it’s been visited by Humanettas a few times in the past few of our weeks, but their local police have closed the building since it’s seemingly unsafe for them.”

 

“What’s it like on this planet, doctor?” one team member asked.

 

“Their days are two hours longer and their planet rotates around their sun in just over one day less.  Normal temperature variances, tons of animal and plant life…not too different than Earth.  And the locals are surprisingly similar to us, both culturally and physically.”

 

A few of the team members exchanged nods and looks of ease.  The idea of exploring a new planet was exciting, especially since it was only ten years ago that space travel like this was still a thing of science fiction.  A gentle hum and thud signaled that the shuttle had taken off and was about to leave the ship.  Everyone aboard the each of the 6 science and 4 advanced scout shuttles was excited.  The scout shuttles each headed out into different parts of the house: two to the main living room on the ground floor to watch for any Humanettas, and the other two to a separate bedroom that still had some random personal items in it.  The science shuttles were each going to the same general areas with a couple of them doubling up.

 

No one on these teams had any first-hand experience.  The United Terran Government had wanted an entirely new fresh team to come out and report their own findings separate from what the initial scout teams had found.  Little did this team know what was in for them…

 

==========

 

Etana and Minzeek walked down the sidewalk hand-in-hand.  It had been a while since they both had the same day off, and they intended to take full advantage of the beautiful day.  Etana was wearing her favorite short skirt, a belly shirt and white flip flops, while Minzeek was wearing jeans, a t-shirt and skater shoes.  They two of them had been together for about eight months and have recently begun to take their relationship to the next level.

 

As they turned left at the crossroads, Minzeek reached out and pointed towards an old abandoned house.  “There it is.”

 

“That?” Etana replied in a semi-surprised tone.  “That old dump is what everyone’s been talking about?  My shoe collection is worth more than this house!”

 

“It may look like a dump, but it’s quite, out-of-the-way, and not too many people know of it.  Jara told me about it, that’s where her and her boyfriend did each other the first time.”

 

Etana shuddered.  “Uuuurgh, I still can’t believe those two are still together.”  Looking down to the ground, she noticed a few ants running across the sidewalk.  She lifted her foot and slammed it down on top of three of the four ants.  Etana then listed her flip flop and showed the sole to Minzeek.  “That’s what I think of Jara’s sleazy boyfriend!”

 

Minzeek smiled.  “I’m sure glad I wasn’t brought to life on this planet as a bug in your neighborhood,” she said.  The two of them walked up onto the front porch.  Minzeek took the copy of the key out of her purse and unlocked the door.  Etana walked in and immediately fell into the couch, tossing her purse on the floor right next to where her feet left her flip flops as she went to put them up on the glass table.

 

“Whew, that was a longer walk than I thought it’d be!” she said.  Her hard heels made an audible thud as they landed on the table.  She was so concerned with relaxing after their long walk that she barely noticed the little crumbs she crushed with her bare heels.  Even though she wasn’t sure what they were, she still let her heels land right on top of them.  She wiggled her toes and admired the hot pink nail polish that she had put on last night.  “Mmm, my toes are so cute!  I can’t wait for you to play with my feet!”

 

Minzeek pulled out her water battle from her own bag, took a sip and set the condensation-covered bottle down on the counter.  She plugged her nose and waved her other hand.  “Whew, I sure hope there are no bugs on that table.  They might die of asphyxiation!”

 

“Ha ha ha, very funny,” Etana replied.  “Last I checked, you liked the smell…in fact, last I checked, the smell is what draws most people with foot fetishes to them.  Well, that and the pheromones.”

 

“Sure blame it on the pheromones.”  She put the water down on the counter.  “Plus, don’t get too comfortable just yet.  You said there’s a comfortable bed upstairs with our name on it!”

 

Etana slid her feet back into her flip flops and stood up.  “Hehe, very true,” she chuckled.  “Hey, watch out!”

 

Minzeek looked back down and noticed that her water bottle had started to tip over.  Fortunately, she caught it right away before too much could spill out.  Minzeek leaned over and sucked up the water that was on the table, then wiped the remaining drops off.  “There we go, all better!” she said.

 

Etana walked over and took Minzeek’s hand.  ‘C’mon, let’s head upstairs and see if we need to clean up anyone else’s mess.”

 

Minzeek smiled and let her girlfriend take the lead to what she hoped would be a night of great passion.