- Text Size +

Chapter two

 

 

"That's no way to thank someone who just saved your life." Then android replied.

"I'm sorry. Say do you have a name?" Diane asked.

"When I was human I was known as Beverly Saunders. Now people call me Bev." The android replied.

"Wait a second. Your one of those androids Dr. Cracker sold us."

"He's the mad scientist who did this to me. First he transferred my soul into a Barbie sized android. Later he transferred me into the body I have now. He even threatened to have me transferred to an inch tall body. Who in their right mind wants inch tall androids?"

"They say they make amusing desk toys." Diane replied.

"UGH! Next they will be selling his living light bulbs."

"Living light bulbs?"

"They are women who have been shrunk to five inches tall and altered so they glow in the dark."

"You’re story a bit hard to believe. What happened to your human body?"

"He sold it to an organ bank. It's probably in a zillion pieces by now. But enough about me, how did you get so tiny?"

"Well I got my hand caught in our new stock shrinker. I got shrunk to one tenth my original Size. Then Angela caught me and shrunk me to my present size. Then Harold showed up."

"Is he the guy I saw earlier with two SW in his hands?"

"He's the one. One of those SW is Angela, the other is Dawn, one the managers."

"The shrinker gets shrunk herself. I guess that's justice." Bev commented.

"I just hope Harold doesn't shrink anyone else."

 

Just then an eight-inch tall woman came running down the hall.

"COME BACK HERE." Harold shouted. But the woman wouldn't stop.

"Fine, have it your way Jennifer. I command you to shrink until you only come up to Diane's knees.

Jennifer began to shrink. Soon she was a tiny fraction of an inch tall.

"That will teach you to run from me. Say hi to Diane for me." Harold then walked away.

 

"Guess we better help her." Diane told Bev.

"I agree."

Even seeing where she shrunk. It still took them a few minutes to find Jennifer.

"Gosh darn it. I don't deserve to be this tiny." Jennifer complained.

"Nobody deserves to be less than an inch tall." Diane replied. "By the way this is Bev. She helped me out earlier."

"It's pretty bad when you have to rely on SW androids for help."

Bev frowned and said.

"You should treat me with more respect. Not only do I tower over you. But I'm stronger than you."

"Sigh! You're right. How tiny I'm I anyway?" Jennifer asked.

"Well I'm two thirds of an inch tall. You come up to my knees which would make you one quarter of two thirds of an inch tall."

"That's one sixth of an inch." Bev said helpfully.

"So how did Harold shrink you?" Jennifer asked.

"He didn't. I got my hand stuck in the stock shrinker."

"Only you would do a bimbo move like that." Jennifer laughed.

"Anyway Angela found me and shrunk me some more. Then Harold came along and shrunk Angela."

"She's currently in a cage on the main sorting table along with Dawn and Helen."

"He's got Helen too?"

"Who is Helen?" Bev asked.

"She's one of our cashiers. How did he get you Jennifer?"

"I was fetching things for customers when the runt got in my way. He didn't like being called a runt so he shrank me. I tried to run away. Well you saw what happened next."

"So what do we do now?" Bev asked.

"I was planning on finding someone to place me on the restorer. But while that would fix me, it wouldn't fix the other SW." Diane replied.

"We got to rescue the others." Jennifer suggested.

"How? I'm less than an inch tall. Bev is only three inches tall."

"Three and a half inches." Bev pointed out.

"We need to get the SW restored to their right size."

"How? We don't sell Size change guns or size remotes." Jennifer pointed out.

 

"ATTENTION STOCKERS. A 308 PIECE ORDER JUST CAME IN AND I COULD US A HAND. HAROLD WOULD YOU PLEASE COME DOWN HERE AND BRING ONE OF THE GIRLS WITH YOU."

 

"What was that?" Bev asked.

"It’s the intercom. Scott asking for help." Diane replied.

"Wonder if Harold will shrink him as well." Jennifer wondered.

 

Meanwhile in another part of the building, Mr. Rogers was sitting at his desk.

"Wonder how the new stock shrinker is working out?" He muttered to himself. Then he hit the intercom.

"ATTENTION STOCKERS. JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY HOW IS THE NEW STOCK SHRINKER WORKING OUT?"

"It's sucks!" Diane shouted.

"Don't think he can hear us." Jennifer commented.

"Ladies we need a plan." Bev suggested.

"You're not a lady, you’re a dumb machine." Jennifer told Bev.

"I may have a machine body but I was once I full sized flesh and blood woman." Bev shot black.

"Yeah right!" Jennifer said.

"Girls we need to plan not fight." Diane pointed out.

 

 

To be continued