- Text Size +
  1. Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Author note: This is an old sold, that for some reason didn’t get posted on Giantess world. It is a pre sequel to “The new owner”

 

Shelf space


Prologue

A beautiful brunette places a box in a machine. She presses a few buttons and the box begins to shrink.

 

Unfortunately she accidentally places her hand in the shrink field and she shrinks with the box. Seconds later a man walks in.

"Jennifer? Where are you?" He asks.

"I'm down here Douglas." The now tiny Jennifer cries. But he doesn't hear her. He doesn't even see her when he steps on her with a crunch.

"This tragedy could have been prevented if they had only used Sizechanger for Hire." A voice cries out. "Why put your trust in dumb machines? Trust a Sizechanger instead."

 

"What do you think?" the salesman asked.

"Nice try. But I still trust Stan's Growth and Shrink Rays more than I trust the Sizechangers." Mr. Rogers replied.

"Accidents like the one portrayed in our ad do happen Mr. Rogers. Think of what would happen to Cross Time Gifts reputation if such an accident where to happen here."

"It's unlikely that one of my employees will get accidentally shrunk. Even if it happened, his or her co-workers would help her get restored. Not step on her or him."

"The choice is yours to make." The Sizechanger salesman replied. "But I think you’re a hopeless optimist." He added under his breath as he walked out the door.

Once the Sizechanger had left Mr. Rogers got out a notepad and wrote.

"Set limits on how much the stock can be shrunk. Maybe one tenth original size. That should be small enough to solve our shelf space problems. But large enough that someone accidentally shrunk can easy be seen or heard."

"There that should take care of any problems. " He muttered to himself.

 

End prologue

 

 

Chapter one

 


It started as just another day for Diane Water. She walked through the doors of cross time gifts, the store that sold gifts from all over the wishbone multiuniverse. There was teacups from worlds where the American Revolution was crushed. There were magnets from the Confederate states of America, Stuff from both the GTS space and the SW space earth's. Mini androids shaped like men and women for universes that don't allow human shrinking. Stuff from over a thousand worlds and Diane's job was to stock it.

 

After walking throughout the store she went up stairs to the stock room, her domain. Once upstairs she ran into three of her fellow stockers, Scott, Angela and Jennifer.

"Hi guys! What's up? She asked."

"We got a stock shrinker." Scott replied.

"To deal with our shelf space problem." Jennifer added.

"Wouldn't be easier just to build a bigger stock room?" Diane asked. "Even calling Storage Miracles would be an easier option."

"You know that Mr. Rogers is too cheap for either of those options." Angela replied.

"Besides did you ever hear what happened to my friend, friend's Elaine Cook?" Jennifer asked.

"Who?" She's a friend of my friend Allison. One day she decided to investigate Storage Miracles. To see how they did it."

"Jennifer we don't time for your stories." Scott pointed out.

"Sigh! You're right. So where is this product shrinker?" Diane asked.

 

Scott then led her to the stock shrinker. The stock shrinker was a platform with a fancy control panel. Next to it was another platform with a single button.

"This is the stock shrinker and next to it is the restorer. The stock shrink can shrink stock up to 1/10th original size. To restore, just place it on the restorer and press the button."

"How do you know all this stuff?"

"The Stan's Growth and shrink rays salesmen gave a demonstration yesterday."

"Why does all the good stuff happen while I'm gone?" Diane whined.

"I can't answer that Diane. We got a big order of magnets to shrink. Need any help?"

"Think I'll be fine."

"All right! Yell if you need help."

 

Diane carefully placed the boxes of magnet's in the stock shrinker. She set the controls for 1/10th size and pressed the on button. Unfortunately she didn't notice her hand was in the shrink field until she started shrinking.

"Nuts!" She cried as she removed her hand. But the damage had been done. She continued to shrink and shrink until she was one-tenth her original height.

"Let's see, I was 5'6", one tenth of that would make me about six and a half inches tall." Diane muttered to herself.

 

She walked to the nearby restorer. But the platform was three feet above the ground. The on button was even higher off the ground.

"Darn it! Why did they place the platform so high up?" She cursed. Then she remembered that they weren't expecting employees to accidentally shrink themselves. With not much else to do she decided to wait until someone came along.

 

As luck would have it a few moments later a tall brunette came into view. Diane called out to her.

"Angela help me."

Angela looked around but didn't see anyone.

"Down here by your feet."

Angela looked down and was startled to see a doll sized Diane.

"Diane is that you?" Angela asked.

"I got accidentally shrunk. Can you place me on the restorer" Diane asked.

Instead of answering Angela picked Diane up and placed her in the shrinking machine.

"Hey! This isn't the restorer." Diane cried.

"Let's see if it's possible to further shrink an already shrunk object." Angela said as she programmed the machine to shrink to 1/10th size. To Daine's horror, she began to get even smaller.

"Yes! Shrink my little blond."

Shrink Diane did until she was only 1/10 of 1/10 her original height. (That's one percent of her original height)

"How does it feel to be two thirds of an inch tall?" Angela asked.

"Why?" Diane asked.

"What's that? I can't hear you." Angela teased. "Oh this is perfect. Now what to do with you? I could dump you on the floor and let you hear how we really think of you around here. Or I could place you in a bottle and place you with the dolls in a bottle. What do you think of those ideas?"

"They both suck." Diane replied.

 

Interlude

"Stanley Charm are you all right?" Brenda asked.

Stanley looked up at the eight-foot waitress.

"It's Harold. A few days ago he was here."

"I remember him. He’s a short little guy. He wished for the power to shrink people."

"He's already started. Man it's a curse knowing the consequences of every wish made at wishbone."

End interlude

 

 

"Who are you talking to?"

Startled Angela turned around. There was a short man standing there.

"Go away Harold. I got stuff to do."

"You know I don't like your attitude. Say have you seen Diane?" He asked.

"Poor girl got shrunk to the size of a bug. Take a look."

To Daine's dismay Angela then pointed to where Diane was standing. Diane was used to looking down at Harold. Now he towered over her.

"Ha! Someone else has done my work for me."

"Your work?" Angela asked. Then she noticed that he was holding a six-inch tall redhead in his left hand.

"Oh my. Isn't that Dawn Powers?" Angela asked.

"Yes it is. I shrunk her from six feet tall to six inches tall. Now she's a powerless manager." Harold bragged.

"You're never going to get away with this." Dawn cried.

"Quiet! Or I make you even smaller."

"How did you shrink her?" Angela asked.

"Like this." Suddenly Angela found herself shrinking rapidly. Soon she was only three inches tall.

"This can't be happening." Angela muttered as Harold picked her up.

"Gotya." He cried in triumph. Then he turned his attention to Diane.

"I would make you a little bigger, but I can only shrink people I can't make them grow."

"What!" Angela and Dawn cried out in unison.

"Now what should I do with you Diane."

"You could let me go." Diane suggested. But Harold didn't hear her. Instead Harold placed Dawn on the stock shrinker.

"Pick Diane up." Harold commanded Dawn. Dawn was only six inches tall, but to Diane six inches was like 50 feet. Dawn had no trouble picking her up. Then Harold grabbed them both and placed them on the floor.

"Now drop Diane." Dawn did as she was told.

Diane wondered what Harold was up to. Then a huge foot came over her coming within mere millimetres from her head.

"I would crush you to death. But that would be too merciful. Instead I contemn you to being a bug on the floor."

"That's it? That's all you’re going to do to her?" Angela complained.

"Keep complaining and I'll shrink you so small that even Diane will tower over you. Now tell me what other girls are in today."

Angela then told Harold what he wanted to know. He then headed off in search of more victims leaving Diane stunned on the floor.

"Now what?" Diane muttered to herself. Should she wait to see if someone else would come by the stock shrinker or should she try to find help. After thinking it over, she decided to try to find Scott. He was sure to help her.

 

Diane soon discovered that it's takes a long time to walk anywhere when you're two thirds of an inch tall. She had walked for an hour but had covered only a few feet. She was walking under an overflowing shelf filled with water balls when trouble struck.

SMASH!

A water ball hit the ground right in front of her. A falling water ball is a minor annoyance to a normal size woman, but big enough to crush Diane. The water alone was enough to drown her. She looked up and saw that several more water balls were about to fall.

"Help!" Diane cried. Seconds later, a figure arrived and scooped her up just as a water ball was about to crush her.

 

Diane then got a better look at the figure. It was a little over three inches tall. It looked like a brunette. But Diane could tell it wasn't made of flesh.

"You’re one of those SW androids." She cried out.

 

 

To be continued