- Text Size +

Chapter three

 

 

Mr. Rogers was puzzled. Nobody had answered the intercom.

"I guess I better see what the heck going on." He muttered to himself as he left his office.

 

"What are you going to do to us Harold?" Helen asked.

"Well I plan to keep Dawn as a pet. As for the rest of you, I could sell you on the inter universe net. Wonder what price Shrunken People R us would give me."

"You won't dare."

"Why not Angela? It's not like you can keep your job. Even shrunken stock would be a bit big for you now."

"Oh why are you doing to us Harold?" Helen asked.

"Why? Because you girls treated me like dirt. You made me feel like I was a tiny man."

"Man? You’re a boy who doesn't know how to be a man." Dawn commented.

Harold then opened the door of the cage and grabbed Dawn. Then he pulled her out of the cage.  Then he started to squeeze her. 

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't break a few of your bones?" Harold asked her.

Before Dawn could answer the intercom came to life.

"ARE YOU ALL ON COFFEE BREAKS? HELP ME WITH THIS DARN ORDER." Scott demanded.

"Think I need to pay Scott a visit." He then placed Dawn back in the cage. Then he grabbed Angela.

"Hey!" Angela cried.

"Earlier he did ask to bring a girl. Why not you?" Harold asked.

 

"Sounds like Scott getting frustrated." Diane commented.

"If he is not careful he'll get Harold's attention." Jennifer commented.

"That's it! We need to get someone attention." Diane Cried.

"Do you expect Mr. Rogers to come walking by?" Jennifer asked.

To the amazement of the SW, Mr. Rogers came walking down the hall.

"Mr. Rogers we are down here." Diane and Jennifer shouted. But Mr. Rogers kept on walking.

"Allow me girls. MR ROGERS WE NEED YOUR HELP." Bev shouted.

 

Mr Rogers stopped to look around.

"DOWN HERE ON THE FLOOR BEHIND YOU." Bev shouted.

Mr Rogers looked down and spotted Bev.

"What the! How did you escape from your box?" Mr Rogers asked. (Author note: SW Androids are usually sold in boxes)

"Never mind that. Diane and Jennifer have been shrunk to micro proportions." Bev replied.

"How would you know that?"

"They are standing beside me."

 

Mr. Rogers then got down on his knees for a closer look. Diane and Jennifer waved back at him.

"All be. I see them. But I don't understand, the stock shrinker was only supposed to shrink things down to one tenth original size."

"Diane got accidentally shrunk, then Angela shrunk her. Harold the one who shrunk Jennifer." Bev explained.

"You're saying that Angela and Harold are shrinking other employees. I refuse to believe that."

"Believe it." A man's voice said.

 

"Hello Scott."

"It’s about time you showed up Harold. Where have you been?"

"I have been cutting girls down to size. Say hi to Angela."

Scott then noticed the girl in Harold's right hand.

"Angela! What did you do to her? Put her in the stock shrinker?"

"Who needs a stock shrinker? I have gained the power to shrink people at will. That said, the stock shrinker did shrink Diane."

"What?"

"It's true, the bimbo shrunk herself, then I shrunk her some more." Angela admitted.

"Next time let me do the talking. But what she says is true. Diane is now two thirds of an inch tall wondering around on the floor somewhere."

"Oh my God. I got to save her." Scott then headed off toward the stock shrinker.

"She's not worthy of your love." Harold cried after him.

"Hmph! Scott going to try to save Diane but doesn't care about me." Angela muttered to herself.

 

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Rogers asked the Sizechanger salesmen.

"I figured your staff would get in trouble. We did not count on Harold going to the Wishbone restaurant and wishing for the power the shrink people."

"How would you know about that?" Mr. Rogers asked.

"We got friends at Wishbone. Besides we have been keeping an eye on this place." The Sizechanger replied.

"What do you want?"

"We can restore your shrunken staff for a price." The salesmen replied.

"A price that is probably sky high. And if I refuse to pay it?" Mr. Rogers asked.

"Then your staff remains shrunk. Expect for Diane you don't have the means to restore them."

"Come on Boss. Get us restored already." Jennifer complained.

"You’re answer please." The Sizechanger demanded.

 

Before Mr. Rogers could answer, Scott burst on the scene.

"Boss, we got a problem." Were the first words out of his mouth.

"I already know about Harold and shrunken staff members."

"Is Diane all right?" Scott asked.

"I'm down here." Diane cried but Scott didn't hear her.

"Other than being a size of a bug she's fine." Mr. Rogers replied.

"Hey! Doesn't anyone care about me?" Jennifer complained.

"Time is ticking away humans. Are you willing to pay for my help or not?" The Sizechanger asked.

 

"No way, I'm I going to rely on your help." Mr. Rogers replied. Then he turned to Bev. "Gather up Jennifer and Diane I'm going to restore them my self."

"You’re a fool." The Sizechanger cried before he walked away.

After Bev had picked up the two micro SW Mr. Rogers picked up Bev. Then he headed to the restorer.

"Boss, do you really think the restorer will restore the women shrunk by Harold?"

"I'm counting on it." He replied. Then he placed Diane and Jennifer on the restorer and turned it on. Diane started to grow but Jennifer did not. To her dismay Diane stopped growing at one-tenth original size. (The size she was originally shrunk to)

"I don't get it what went wrong?" Mr. Rogers asked.

"I think it's because I was shrunk twice. You have to restore me twice." Diane replied.

"You never were very bright Mr. Rogers."

Mr. Rogers and Scott turned around. Harold was standing there. Angela was in his right hand.

"You dare to insult me. Harold Miller your fired." Mr. Rogers cried.

"You’re the one that's fired. Permanently." Harold cried. Mr. Rogers then began to shrink. Within seconds he was no bigger than a bug. Before anyone could react, Harold stepped on him.

"You just committed murder." Scott cried.

"He deserved it. Now Scott, are you with me or against me?" Harold asked.

"I refuse to support a murder." Scott replied.

"Have it your way fool." Scott then began to shrink. Within a minute he was no bigger than an ant.

"No, don't kill him." Diane cried.

"Well, look who grew. I didn't know he was your boyfriend."

"Well, he's not really my boyfriend. But I do care about him."

"You know. I originally wanted you tiny, but seeing you this fun size changed my mind."

"Fun size?" Diane asked. The horror showing in her voice.

"Oh yes. You are big enough to have fun with but small enough to control."

"Gulp! Only a miracle will save me now." Diane cried.

 

Suddenly a man appeared by the restorer. He was dressed in colourful spandex and had the letters SR on his chest. A blue mask covered his face expect for his eyes and mouth.

"Have no fear the Size Ranger is here." The masked man cried.

"I don't know where you came from, but you’re no match for me." Harold cried. He then tried to shrink the masked man, but didn't have any luck."

"What the? This isn't possible." Harold cried.

"It’s my turn, Harold." First Angela disappeared from his hand and appeared in the Size Rangers hand.  Harold then found himself shrinking rapidly. Within seconds he was no bigger than a speck of dust. Then he found himself in a jar.

"I'll take him to jail later. But first I need to restore you people."

He snapped his fingers and Scott, Diane, Angela and Jennifer began to grow. Diane was back to full size within ten seconds. Jennifer and Scott took thirty seconds.

"We're back to normal." Diane cried.

"Can you turn me back into a normal sized human?" Bev asked.

"Sorry, but I can't turn metal and plastic into flesh." The Size ranger replied. "Now if you excuse me, I need to restore Helen and Dawn." He then disappeared from sight.

"Wonder how he knew Helen and Dawn were shrunk." Jennifer wondered.

Diane then slapped Angela.

"Ow! What was that for?" Angela asked.

"That's for shrinking me." Diane replied.

"Just wait, until you're by the stock shrinker." Angela threatens Diane.

"I am never going near the stock shrinker again." Diane vowed.

 

The Size Ranger then appeared with Helen and Dawn in tow.

"See you got restored as well." Helen commented.

"Where's that Harold?" Dawn asked.

"He's in this jar. Now if you excuse me. I am going to take him to jail now." The Size Ranger and the jar containing Harold then disappeared from sight.

"We need to tell Mr. Rogers that Harold is no longer a threat."

"Unfortunately Mr. Rogers is dead." Scott informed Ms. Powers.

"What how?" Dawn asked.

"Harold stepped on him."  Scott replied.

"This is a disaster. He was the one that signed the checks. This company now has no owner."

"Does that mean that our jobs?"

"They are toast unless a new owner buys the place and keeps the old staff." Dawn replied.

 

 

The end

 

 

Author note: A new owner did buy the place, see the story “the new owner” for details.