- Text Size +

Fridah woke up with a jerk. Something had disturbed her sleep. She parted the orange mess of hair that covered her eyes to get a better look, but it wasn't really super effecive. The room was dark and she was very confused. There was a distant thumping noise. Some primal insinct in her told her that was what had made her wake up at this unholy hour. She wasn't really awake yet but her body moved on its own. The thumping noise became more of a pounding as she made her way into the hallway and towards the front door. Someone was knocking and didn't stop, and that made it very very hard to sleep. Fridah had tried to put on a robe but failed miserably. She unlocked the door practically naked, and the door flew open. Had it been a rapist or a fireman trying to tell her the building was on fire on the other side of the door, it would have been a lucky man... or a woman... But it was neither. It was Monica. Monica seemed upset about something and was yelling at Fridah, but Fridahs mind was still in bed so all that shouting was a waste. Fridahs autopilot changed course from bed to coffee. It seemed like listening to Monica was the only way to make the yelling stop.

Like a zombie she hazed into the kitchen and started a fresh pot of coffee. Unlike the attempt to clothe herself in her sleep, this was a breeze. A practiced routine that she had preformed thousands of times. Monica was a lot more quite now. She had sat herself down by the kitchen table, and she had probably realized that Fridah was not awake yet. Once the coffee was done and both girls had a cup in their hands Fridah finally spoke.
- "You were saying?"
- "That bitch actually cursed me! I thought it was something she said to scare me, but she actually did it! I just figured it out!" Fridah didn't hear the rest of the conversation. She fell asleep right on the table.

Fridah woke up in her bed with a smile on her face. She knew this sensation. A bit of sun was shining through the curtains, and she was all warm inside even though the room was kind of chilly. Fridah knew this warmth. Something tickled her skin and was pressing at her from behind. She was being spooned, but she had no recollection of how it had happened. She had spent last night watching tv and eating ice cream alone. She spun around and was met by Monicas face. Monica was still sleeping, and Fridah tried to remove herself from the sleeping girl's arms without disturbing her. It wasn't unusual for Monica and Fridah to sleep in the same bed. It happened from time to time when one of them was upset over something and needed comfort. The unusual thing now however was that Fridah was naked. And upon closer inspection she found that Monica was also naked. They never slept in the nude with each other. "What the hell happened last night?" Fridah thought to herself as she was looking for her phone.

The phone was usually placed on a small table beside the bed, right next to Monica. It wasn't there now.
- "Where the fuck is the fucking phone?" Fridah muttered under her breath.
- "It wouldn't shut up so I tossed it in the hamper..." Monica said in a very sleepy voice and tried to point with her arm towards said hamper. Fridah went looking and found a dent in the wall and the phone minus battery on the floor. Except for the missing battery the phone seemed intact. Knowning about Monicas morning temper she was not surprised about this so she wasn't angry. The battery however was in the hamper. The phone finally booted up and Fridahs heart stopped as she saw what time it was in the display. She was two hours late for work! In a slight panic she dialed the number to her boss.
- "Mars fitness, Kylie speaking!" a cheerful voice answered after a couple of rings.
- "Hey Kylie, it's Fridah..." she hadn't really thought about what to say next.
- "Oh darling, I hope you're feeling better! Your friend told me that you were knocked out in a case of bad shrimp. I didn't expect you to call."
- "Oh I just wanted to check in with you personally..."
- "There was no need to do that. Your friend explained everything. I'll tell you what. You stay home over the weekend. I want you in fighting shape come Monday, so you just rest."
- "If you don't mind me asking, who did you get to cover my classes?"
- "I called in Dennis, but don't you worry your head about that. I'll make things work. I always do. Got to go now, incoming costumer. Take care!"

It took her a couple of minutes to settle down from the sudden panic of being late. The thought of having a whole weekend off was however a great comfort. Seeing as there was no rush to get up, she decided to get back in bed. She climbed in under the covers and spooned Monica.
- "Woah! You're freezing!" Monica yelped as Fridah wrapped her arms around her.
- "It's your fault! If you told me you had lied me out of work today I wouldn't have needed to get out of bed and call my boss."
- "Screw you... I did tell you... like seven times, but you are really out of it when you are sleeping. You fell asleep in the middle of a conversation when I got here."
- "I have no memory of when you got here... Or why we are naked in the same bed..."
- "We are naked because you lost your robe when I led you in here and I didn't want to sleep in my dress. I kind of ditched a guy in a hurry, and I forgot my underwear at his place."
- "It's coming back to me now... You were yelling at me in the middle of the night."
- "Yeah... I was kind of freaked out. I still am..." There was a long silence. "Don't tell me you fell asleep on me again!" Monica said suddenly.
- "No I'm awake. I was waiting for you to continue..."
- "oh... sorry..."