- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here is an illustration to go along with this chapter:

http://giantesscity.com/forum/download/file.php?id=261187&mode=view 

Chapter 3

Everything swirled and twisted around him. The greys of the walls, blue of the skylights and neon storefronts blurred around him while his skin was pelted by fist sized bits of debris. He couldn't tell up from down as he rocked back and forth and spun in small vortexes of wind. Then he began to drift. Wind was rushing past his ears and he felt like he was shooting towards earth, but as he got a bearing on his surroundings he saw the walls and shops of the mall floating upwards fairly slowly. His diminished scale effected his physical characteristics. In a ray of light he saw flecks of hair and dust dancing with him in his own little disgusting galaxy of debris. He was floating down like a bit of dust himself but each shifting breeze felt like it shot him out of a cannon. He must have fallen around forty feet by now and struggled to keep his stomach facing the ground. He did his best to emulate skydiving videos he had seen on youtube. Adrenaline was keeping him from being able to think, when an immense shadow covered him. A monolithic metal clasp roared up and past him in slow motion as his body spun and he saw what looked either like a purse that could contain the planet itself. Another roar of whooshing air bellowed from above him as a wall of crumbled white smashed into him. Despite the softness of the material it knocked the wind out of him as he found himself attached to it while the speed at which he fell quadrupled. 

His stomach lurched as the tiled ground shifted away from him and he spun to face the skylight thousands of miles above him. His head snapped back as he hit the ground, the white mass compressing behind him. He tumbled into a ridge and was overwhelmed with the smell of paper and fried food. The world moved in slow motion as the white papery stuff around him began to shift again and compress and crumble while he rolled over a valley of white and disappearing in another ridge. He continued to roll as his knees smashed against the hard tiled floor while he collapsed onto the floor. He let out an involuntary yelp while spit popped from his mouth. He found himself weeping. The white canopy above him lurched away and shot into the sky, his eyes watched it move in slow motion while it rocketed upwards, the breeze from such a thing moving so quickly knocking him back and forth. His eyes saw it shoot up along a tan and sparkling honey brown mass, rocketing past a flash of blue denim fabric and some more honey brown while a young girls arm thrust a soiled napkin into a waste bin. 

He rolled onto his back, his body broken and exhausted scrambling to prop himself up with his arms. Infront of him was a wall of spongey porous black material with the same honey brown flesh spanning miles to his left and right attaching itself to the tower of leg that he watched the napkin ride up beside. The flesh on the giant foot in front of him oozed out and over the edge of the black foam while the wall of skin above it wrinkled and folded as the girl shifted her weight. The entire thing slowly raised what must have only been an inch off the ground as it rushed towards him. He clenched his teeth, frozen as the black wall began descending in front of him. The breeze from the sudden displacement of something so indescribably big sent him backflipping up and back a few metres. He laid sprawled on his stomach as the thing made contact with the tiled floor creating a small tremor that shook him to the bone. The sound of the thud was a massive boom as the soft black material compressed to half it's height under the tan flesh, the material groaning and creaking as it stretched beneath the unbelievable mass. 

He scrambled to his feet and sprinted breathless towards the grey metal wall of the waste-bin to his right. Ducking under a small metal overhang he slammed his back against the cold surface gasping for breath. Infront of him the giant flip flop clad foot heaved itself delicately into the sky as it turned away from him, swooshing what seemed like a kilometre away before it smashed itself into the tiled ground with a thud. The other foot to his left, twisted and spun as the heel raised up and out of his line of sight stretching the tan skin of the sole tight over an incredible expanse. The black flip flop equal in size to a few city blocks lurched up, following eagerly. In mid flight the tan skin loosened and wrinkled while the black mass clapped against it with a bang. The foot thudded down a mile in front of the other and he watched as the massive girl boomed away. He had pissed himself.