- Text Size +

Lava Lamp Languish

by Sonicfan287

A 'Sonic' fan-fic

Starring: Amy Rose & Rouge The Bat 

"Ok, Sarah... I'm done for the night" Amy said, worn out from a long day at work, as she set the last lava lamp into place. She had just gotten a job at the mall working at a Spencer's Gifts. This way, she would be able to buy something for her hero, Sonic. "Hey, Rouge, you need a ride home?"

"Uh, no thanks..." Rouge said, acting suspicious but Amy decided to ignore it, "I'm gonna be here a little while longer"

"Ok..." Amy said, and walked out the door.

"Hey Rouge" Sarah said, throwing Rouge the keys to the store "Could you lock up for me? I have to get going"

"Oh yeah, sure" Rouge said, and began checking the registers and all that crap, as Sarah left. After Sarah had completely vanished into the distance, Rouge looked around and slinked into the back of the store "Heh, heh heh..."

She spotted a red and green lava lamp on the shelf and took it down for herself. Chuckling, she said "Knuckles should love this..."

The next morning, Amy strolled into Spencer's for her morning shift, when she saw a dissapointed looking Sarah staring her down at the entrance.

"Wh-what?" Amy asked, "Whats wrong?"

"You know whats wrong..." Sarah sighed, an intonation of anger in her normally friendly voice "You stole a lava lamp!"

"What?" Amy gasped "I wouldn't...I didn't...I..."

"Save it" Sarah said "Look up at that shelf, there was a red and green lava lamp up there... and now it's GONE! And you were the last one to be stocking the shelves with lava lamps... noone couldve bought it cuz the store was closing as you left... WITH the lava lamp!"

"I didn't, Sarah, I swear!" Amy shouted defensively but Sarah didn't want to hear anymore. Without saying another word, she tore the name tag off Amy's apron.

"Go..." Sarah growled "You're fired"

"You cant fire me!" Amy whined "You dont have any evidence... you dont have any proof, how do you know I did it?"

"I know more than enough" Sarah said "Now go... get out of here..."

So, Amy slinked off, fired from the job she had just recently gotten. She wish she could know who stole that lava lamp but that was no way she couldve figured out... until she remembered...

"ROUGE!"

Her eyes widened in anger as she came up with her theory... it was Rouge who stole the lamp, not her, and she had to prove it... but first she would need proof herself that it was really Rouge.

So, that afternoon, Amy snuck by Rouge's house and stood on the bushes so she could see through Rouge's window. She peeked her head up enough to see and sure enough, she was staring at Rouge as she stared at a red and green lava lamp.

"Ah, yes" Rouge said, picking up the lava lamp and setting it gently into her closet "This'll be a great christmas"

Amy wanted to growl, but instead she yelped as she fell through the bushes and landed on the dirt in front of Rouge's house. Rouge opened the window to have a look at what happened, but Amy had quickly run out of the way and hid along the side of Rouge's house.

"I gotta get to that lava lamp..." Amy said to herself and looked for another way in. She noticed Rouge's kitchen window slightly ajar and squeezed herself through it.

When she got into Rouge's kitchen, she could hear the bat girl's high heels coming down the steps. She dashed into the only hiding spot available, the cabinets under Rouge's sink.

"Thats funny" Rouge said, pausing for a second to look around her kitchen "I couldve sworn I heard a noise"

After Rouge left, Amy crept out from under the cabinets and prepared to go upstairs to Rouge's bedroom.

"Heh..." Amy chuckled out loud "I wouldve thought it would be a little harder than this"

Just then, as Amy put her foot on the first step alarms were triggered and lasers went up everywhere. Amy ran as she attempted to escape the security system.

"This could be a challenge..."

Amy jumped into Rouge's hallway as a massive steel door almost slammed her out and was now safely in Rouge's room.

"Okay, now to get into the closet..." Amy muttered, and opened the doors to the closet. There she saw the glowing red and green lava lamp. "Wow, this IS a nice lamp, but I have to take it back... but wait, if I show up with it, it'll just prove I stole it... I wish there was a way to get revenge on Rouge..."

Just then, the lamp continued to glow brighter and brighter. Amy gasped as it surrounded with magical energy and began to speak.

"Ill grant you one wish, Ms. Rose..." the lava lamp spoke. Amy was in shock.

"How do you...know,...my...name?" Amy asked

The lamp soon stopped speaking, and all was quiet, but Amy could feel the lamp was magical, and she wanted to use it to get her revenge on Rouge.

Rouge was strolling along, on her way to Spencer's when she heard Amy's voice call out.

"Hey ROUGE!" she shouted, running towards the bat girl with the lava lamp in hand. "You forgot something!"

"Uh...ah..." Rouge stuttered "Where did you get that?"

"I should be asking YOU the same question!" Amy snapped "You stole this, didnt you? And now Sarah's blaming me!"

"Ok, fine... so I stole it..." Rouge sighed "But what are you gonna do about it?"

"Ok, you asked for it..." Amy said, as the lava lamp started glowing brighter again "Rouge... I wish you were tiny!"

The lamp began to glow as Rouge walked away from the whole thing.

"There's no way that thing...will... NO!" Rouge screamed, realizing she was shrinking and shrinking. Amy and everything around grew before her eyes "No! This isnt funny! Amy! NOOOOO!"

Rouge was just a few inches tall by the end of the thing, and Amy wanted only to step on her, but decided to spare her of that fate. Instead she pinched Rouge around the waist, and lifted her up as a crane claw lifts a toy out of a crane game. She then dropped the tiny Rouge into the palm of her hand and looked down at her victim with a sinister smile on her face. Rouge could only look up and gasp.

"Whats that, Rouge?" Amy chuckled "You wanna go down to the store and confess? Ok, Ill give you a lift!"

Rouge could only let out small whimpers as she was carried down to Spencer's in the unforgiving palm of her rival, Amy.

"Oh Sarah..." Amy said singsongly. "Look what I found"

Sarah gasped as Amy dumped Rouge onto her desk, Rouge being about the size of her palm.

"Uh...ah..." Rouge gasped, as her now giant boss looked down on her tiny employee. "Hi...heh...Sarah..."

"Go on..." Amy said sternly, giving Rouge a gentle nudge with her index finger "Tell her what you did"

"Ok..." Rouge sighed "I stole the lava lamp, not Amy..."

"Well, Rouge" Sarah said, kneeling down so her face was level with Rouge. "I'm gonna have to fire you..."

"I know" Rouge sighed. It hadn't been bad enough how humiliated she had been, now she had lost her job. At last, Amy plucks her off the counter and plunks her back into her hand. Rouge is shaken from the whole experience "Alright, Amy... I learned my lesson, can I please be bigger?"

"Oh, I dont know about that..." Amy chuckled "I think I have a much better idea..."

That Christmas, the whole Sonic gang gathered around and exchanged gifts. Amy handed Knuckles a small box.

"Here you go, Knux" Amy said casually.

"Oh, thanks" he said, and opened the box to see Rouge inside who screamed when she saw him. "Rouge?"

"Knuckles!" she shrieked "You have to help me! I've been kept in this box for days..."

"It's a lifelike Rouge ornament!" Amy explained, noting the string she had tied around the back of Rouge's shirt.

"Oh I get it" Knuckles said, lifting Rouge out by the string. She dangled in the air kicking and screaming for dear life.

"No! Put me down!" she yelped, being dangled in front of everyone as if she were a mere toy.

"Here, you can hang her up here" Amy pointed out, showing Knux a spot high up on the tree.

"Ha ha, Amy" Rouge sighed, as she was hung on the tree, dangling by the back of her shirt "Now will you PLEASE unshrink me?"

Amy ran off without saying another word, and headed off to have fun with the others. She looked back at the "ornament" and winked while smiling. Rouge crossed her arms in frustration.

"Some Christmas..." Rouge sighed.

THE END