- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter regulates bettween the P.O.V.'s of both chracters.

Victor was an average 22 year old business man of Canyon City, yet he often felt that he didn’t belong there, having no living family in the area meant that Victor often kept to himself.
One day as Victor walked his way home from work, the ground started to shake, earthquakes in the area weren’t uncommon, normal earthquakes would’ve smashed the windows of the high-rise buildings at the most, but this earthquake was different from the rest, the ground split and cracked, cars and streetlamps toppled, and then, the earth at the centre of all this commotion started to rise.
Victor, who had fallen when the quake started, scrambled away from the rising earth, the road tore up into rubble, and the cars were flung into the air. Gasping in surprise he cannot believe his eyes when he saw something, other than earth, rise from the ground.


As she rose from the ground, the giant tiger anthro Drellnia coughed up some of the dirt and soil that she accidentally breathed in, she stepped out of the hole she was climbing out of and looked around, the bright sun bore down on her eyes and made her vision blurred.
She shook her head to try and clear her vision, but it didn’t help, she looked around again and noticed that there was water nearby, she started to walk towards it, not noticing the destruction she was causing and lives she was unwillingly taking.


Victor dived out of the way as the massive feet slammed into the ground, leaving large craters in the creatures wake. The building crumble like toys, people are stamped. The lake isn’t far yet the devastation is extreme even for the moments it took to cause it.
Part of him wanted to escape the city, but another part of him wanted to stay and see what would happen next, but then something came over him as he was unable to run away, not without getting some close footage. He then ran and got a video cam from the crumbling store, he ran after the Giantess.


Drellnia stepped into the cold lake and sat down,
‘well, that’s one advantage for not having any clothes’ she thought ‘much quicker to get into a bath’, she chuckled at her thought, but then sighed, her vision now all clear, she looked around, feeling lost, alone, sighed and started washing the dirt from her black and white stripped fur.
She then remembered the old legends: ‘whoever ventured to the world above us has never returned’, upon remembering this, tears formed in her eyes, then she looked around again,
‘Oh Doran, I’m sorry’ she sniffed sadly and layed down in the water.


Victor approached the lake slowly, not to be noticed or to disturb this massive creature, it was humanoid in shape, but it features and a fur pattern similar to a white tiger, he lifted the camera towards the creature and started filming.
But something caught his eye that caused him to lower it “tears, she’s crying” he said to himself, he screwed up his face, then started to wave his arms madly he tried to get her attention, unaware of the danger of his actions.
The creature lay down in the lake, making it easier for Victor to communicate with her, screaming on top of his lungs he runs over toward where the head is located “Hey! Lady!” he threw the camera at her ear, this caused her to sit up and look down at him.
Victor fell backward, the face getting closer and larger. He lifted an arm to his forehead, overwhelmed by his insignificance to this massive creature, he slowly stood and backed away, hoping that she would let him go.


Drellnia’s ears twitched as she heard something but didn’t see anything except a tiny animal running around, she sits up and looks at the tiny animal closely, her eyes full of curiosity.
‘What is that little thing?’ she thought to herself ‘hmmm, it looks scared, of me, maybe I am intimidating to these little creatures, I wonder what I should do’
Her yellow eyes stared at the tiny creature, it looked like a furless tailless version of her tribe, and it also looked kind of cute, her mouth twitched slightly, wanting to say something, but no words came out in caution of scaring it.


The two beings of two worlds looked at each other, both unsure of what to think of the other, then Drellnia’s mouth opened and Victor braced himself for what was to come.

Chapter End Notes:

What is going to happen next? find out in chapter 2: A Friendly Encounter