- Text Size +
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

“Snow!!!”  Charlie said, gazing out the fogged window into the frozen, white world beyond her home. This year’s winter season has been extremely brutal, blanketing his home town in thick snow, piling as high as their knees. The town is normally sat in a warm climate, with extended sun hours and short winters. However, since the month of January began, a constant, heavy blizzard set into town, leaving it frozen and barren.

The young boy hummed over and over, drawing images onto the fogged window with a finger. In a brightly lit living room cluttered with gray shelves of plants, old photos, and beige leather furniture, the blaring television sat next to him in the living room, echoing random commercials into the dim, jungle like kitchen where Jenelle, his older sister, washed dishes. She had dark bronze skin, deep ebony colored eyes, and covered in silky black braided locks that fell to breast height. Jenelle was taller and more mature looking with a curved teenage body. Though the two siblings are close in age by a minute 2 year gap, their behavior and train of thought are worlds apart, like night and day; Janelle is the more responsible and caring, while he,is the rebellious, laid back type. For as long as he could remember, he and his sister have been living alone with their beloved step-mother  Kara near the edge of town.

“Jenelle,” the young boy called out, bouncing into the kitchen, his brown hair flopping behind his shoulder. He gave her big sister the saddest puppy eyes with all the strength a fourteen old could muster, his big hazel eyes watered and he stuck out her bottom lip. Jenelle frowned; drying her hands on a nearby cloth and folded her arms, glaring down at her younger brother.

“What is it, Janice?” Jenelle asked irritably.

“Can I… Go play in the snow?” He clasped his hands together pleadingly, asking his older sister in a stupid voice.
 
Jenelle gave her brother a stern look.

“No.” He didn’t flinch, reinforcing the puppy face.

“No, you’ll freeze as soon as you open the door."

“I’ll put on extra clothes. Please?”

“I said no. Even extra clothing won’t help you in this weather. You’ll be buried alive in the snow.” Jenelle shook her head, emphasizing her answer.

“But—

“No.”

 "I hate you... you mean bitch!" he shouted angrily. Jenelle opened her mouth to reply but was cut off as a massive dark shadow engulfed the entire window covering half of the entire house, on both floors, in darkness. Both were stunned, their mouths hung below them. A hard thud shook the entire neighborhood, causing them both to tumble to the floor, the furniture jumping inches into the air. A deafening howl rattled the flexible glass from the windows as Jenelle grabbed her brother.

“Get away from the window!” Jenelle yanked her stunned brother, crawling away from the window. The doorbell suddenly rang. The two jumped, their hearts in throats.

“Don’t move, Charlie I'm going round the back garden to see who it is” Jenelle whispered. The doorbell rang again, followed by a powerful knock nearly knocking the door off its hinges. Another loud knock. Silence. The tremorous stomping faded into the howling winds, along the giant shadow. All was quiet.
 
“Wait here.” Said Jenelle as she got up and ran to the door, looking out the peephole. Nothing. All she could see was white. She opened the door and glanced downwards, there wrapped in brown paper was a mysterious parcel. She lent over picked the parcel up and retreated to the house.