- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Not my best work, fun to write, though.  A little twist on a couple of kids' fairy tales.

“Master, you are needed!” The voice came from quite far away, as if from outside the house, and Melomar decided to ignore it and roll over.

“Master, there is someone who needs your help.  Wake up!”  And now the voice was nearer and someone was touching him.  He stirred slowly, opening his eyes to see the face of Alanar, his young apprentice.  The young man had an excited look on his face and was holding a candle.  The room was still dark, and there was no light in the window.

The old man blinked once or twice before mumbling, “what’s the problem?”

“There is a giantess, at the edge of the woods, near the Village of Kel.  She is sick and near death…”

“A…a giantess?” Now he was awake.

“Yes, Master.”

Melomar sat up and rubbed his eyes.  “A giantess?  Really?”

“That is what the runner said, Master.”

“Did you know the runner?”

“Yes, Master.  He was Ipsel, also of Kel.”

“Hmm.  A giantess.”  The old man stood up and stretched.  “If that’s true, we’d best be off.  No one wants to be around a sick monster, of any kind.  But a giantess!  Do you know how rare they are, Alanar?”

“I have never seen giant or giantess.”

“Giants are more common in the far north,” said Melomar.  Finding his wizard’s robes he put them on, shaking out the wrinkles.  Crossing his room to his workbench, began filling a large leather sack with packages of herbs and medicine bottles.  “Every now and then one wanders down here, probably lost.  They are actually quite harmless if kept calm.  For the likes of us that is easy, we are not seen as a threat to them, but it is important for them to keep the dogs back.  At any rate, females of the species are never to be found, always kept at home with the cubs…” Melomar stopped when he saw the puzzled look on his apprentice’s face.  “Is something the matter?”

“There may be.  You speak of cubs.  Am I to assume that giants are not merely very large humans?”

“Oh, no.  Not at all.  They actually look like gigantic toddlers, with heads big, all out of proportion, short limbs, flabby bodies, lots of hair.  They stand about oh, seven or eight meters tall, although the females are probably smaller.  They are not particularly intelligent, and you have to find a pretty old giant to have anything like a decent conversation about the weather…they are mostly vegetarians, eating whole apple and orange trees, but they do sometimes eat…what now?”

“The runner has described a creature very different from that.”

Now it was Melomar’s turn to be puzzled.  “Did he?  Is…what was his name?”

“Ipsel.”

“Is Ipsel still here?”

“No.  he has returned to the outskirts of Kel.  He came only because he was sent to fetch you as the creature is sick and appears near death.”

Melomar hastened his preparations.  “What else did he say?  As close as you can remember.”

“He ran up, calling for the Master Wizard to bring his healing arts.  A giantess had emerged from the woods, deathly ill.  She asked for help…”

“She asked for help?  She can talk?”

“Apparently.  At any rate, the only help available for magical creatures is you, sir.”

“Did he describe the creature?”

“A little, he said that she was dressed in a red cloak…”

“Dressed?”

“Yes, Master, and that she towered about eight meters above the villagers’ heads when reclining.  And that she looked like a giant girl, not the monster you described.”

“Fascinating.  Truly fascinating.  Come, Alanar, this we have to see.”  Melomar finished his packing, stopping to grab up a set of scrolls.  He also grabbed a lantern and instructed Alanar to bring his magic blanket.  The two wizards set off from the house, which was about a kilometer south of Kel. 

About halfway there they met another runner, who had been sent to see what was the delay in bringing the Master Wizard.  As the young man approached, they all heard a long, loud moan.  It sounded like the voice of a young woman, perhaps one in labor or suffering from abdominal discomfort, but it was impossibly loud, and echoed around the low hills of the country side.  Melomar supposed that it would have been clearly heard in Jenowin, some two kilometers further south.

“Good gods!  Did you hear that?” asked the runner as he came panting up to the pair of wizards.  “Did you hear that?”

“Our giantess?” asked Melomar?

“Of course.  You must see her, my Lord.”

“I am coming as quickly as my feet will allow, let you do better than me when you are 88.”

The young man said nothing, merely turned and ran back up the path from whence he had come, apparently to tell everyone that the Master was on his way.

As the two wizards neared Kel, it was apparent that the entire village was awake and gawking at the creature, which would be at the edge of the forest on the north side of the village.  Kel was not a large town, its men mostly employed as farmers and loggers, with one or two office types around.  There was no Lord Mayor, as Kel was officially part of the Principality of Jenowin.  As with many small, working class villages, no one was highly educated and all would be extremely curious, often to the detriment of safety.  Had Melomar been in charge, he would have evacuated the village’s women and children as a precaution, and sent most of the men on down the road as well.  When faced with an unknown creature, as was the case from time to time with wood-side villages, it did not pay to be stupid.  But as they went through Kel, it was apparent that 80% or more of the village’s several hundred residents were all down by the woods, or at least something of a perceived safe distance, watching the monster.

“Here comes the Master Wizard!” someone shouted as Melomar and Alanar made their way through the town and towards the large knot of townspeople on the far side.  Kel was built on a gentile rise, which sloped down towards the woods at the foot of a rather deep and dark hollow.  The woods gave way to untamed forest, which extended for many kilometers to the north, effectively marking the boundary of human habitation, at least in this part of the country.

Most of the people were gathered on the top of the rise, looking down into the bowl of the hollow.  The two wizards crested the hill and started down and, in a circle of people and torches, there she was.

Melomar had to look in wonder and bewilderment for a moment.  What he saw could only be described as a gigantic girl, not at all the type of creature he had heretofore known as a “giant.”  Clearly ill, her eyes were vacant and hollow as she lay in a fetal position on her side, her knees drawn up to her belly and her body covered with a red, hooded cloak.  Her face was turned towards the village, and Melomar could not help but notice that she was lovely.  Her long hair was bushy, and in the torchlight it looked bronze.  Her face was young and strikingly pretty, she could have been no more than 12 or 13 years old if she was a day, had she been a normal sized person, that is.  Melomar estimated that if she were to stand up, she might be close on thirty meters high.  This was clearly no ordinary giant, but still Melomar was cautious.  The villagers were not, however, they only saw a sick young girl, albeit a very tall one.

Alanar followed Melomar down the slope to the side of the girl.  A few of the braver villagers, not a few of them women, were down at the bottom.  All of them had looks of concern on their faces which morphed into relief when they saw the Master Wizard approach.  The giant girl herself seemed to brighten a little as the two made their way to her side.

“Good evening, child,” said Melomar in his best bedside voice.  “I am told you can speak.”

“I can,” said the girl, quietly so as not to bowl him over with the sound of her voice.  Melomar had to admit he was surprised that she had picked up on that little detail.  Most of the true giants he had dealt with simply screamed and bellowed.

Melomar began to unpack his bag.  “Tell me what is wrong, my dear,” he said.

“It’s my stomach,” she said.  “I feel really sick, and it hurts.”

“I see.  Are you on your side, good.  Now move your arm and your cloak aside so I can have a listen, go on.”  Melomar was not surprised at the girl’s reluctance to move.  When in considerable abdominal sickness, it is often soothing to find a tolerable position and stay there, as still as possible to ward off the waves of nausea.  Slowly, though, she swept her arm away and with it the cloak.

To Melomar’s astonishment, as the girl moved her cloak, she revealed the fact that her stomach and legs were naked; a short top covered her young breasts, and short pants rode low on her hips.  If there was any doubt as to her beauty, it was laid forever to rest; the girl had a lovely young body, from legs to stomach to face.  The girl rolled over a little so that her bare belly was more accessible, and in doing so revealed that her arms were also bare under the hooded cloak.  With the cloak now behind her, it was possible to discern her shape, which was quite alluring.  She was a beautiful giantess, curvy and soft in all the right places and a really nice pair of legs.

As Melomar walked up to the girl’s naked belly, he was again taken aback at her sheer size.  Her bare stomach was like a living wall of flesh.  Her navel, some two meters off the ground, was easily a foot in diameter.  He could hear the gurgling and churning of her disquieted stomach, the great sack lurching behind that wall of flesh, not very far from where he was.  It was quite clear that her stomach could accommodate him bodily, as well as any number of other things without any trouble at all.  Carefully he walked up to the girl’s stomach and put his hands on her skin.

“What did you eat most recently,” he asked, his hands probing and feeling the movements of her body.

“I ate three bears,” she said.  Melomar breathed a sigh of relief at the same time being surprised.

“Three…bears?”

“Yes.  A family I guess, the parents and the baby.”

“How did you eat them?”

“I swallowed them whole…”

“Unbelievable,” muttered Melomar under his breath, shaking his head.

“No, Really…ohhh, that hurts.”

“I’m sorry.  You swallowed three bears, whole?”

“I was hungry, I hadn’t eaten in a day…my stomach was hurting I was so hungry.”

“It’s okay, my dear.  Yes,” continued Melomar.  Rubbing his hands all over the giant girl’s sexy naked stomach was very pleasurable, but he was a mature man and did not let this small fun interfere with his true professional work.  Beneath his hands, her upset stomach was churning around and around, up and down.  Through the layers of skin and muscle he could hear the contents gurgle and slosh.  “I can feel something really big rolling around inside your stomach, I mean really big, like a huge lump…”

“That would be the big bear,” said the girl.  “I ate him last.  I can tell my stomach has digested the two smaller bears, but the big one…I guess he’s still in there.”

It was a simple case of indigestion, a few herbs and she could be on her way in an hour or so.  But Melomar wanted to know a little more.  “He is definitely still in there.  I assume you killed him before you ate him?”

“No, I swallowed him alive…”

“You’re kidding!”

“No, I always do…”

“But do you not think he might have injured you once he was inside you?”

“No…I eat that way all the time.  These were not the first bears I’ve ever eaten, you know.  Nothing is strong enough to hurt my stomach like that.  Besides, he didn’t live all that long in my stomach.  Kind of disappointing, since his wife and cub fought tooth and nail once they landed down in my stomach.  I think he had a heart attack or something on the way down my throat, he’s just been sloshing around in my stomach, making me sick.”

Melmar had to know more, just to be cautious, but he felt it was time to tell her that she was not dying.  It then occurred to him that she may never have thought she was dying, but she had let the villagers think so.  “Okay…all you have indigestion.  I can certainly feel the big bear sloshing around inside your stomach.  You will feel a little sick until he can be digested, apparently his fur and hide are a little tougher than the other two were…”

“I’ll say.  He was fun to eat, though, he went down my throat like this huge lump and then- plonk!  Like this big rock he landed in the bottom of my stomach.  It was cool…all three of them were alive in my stomach for a little while.”

The way the girl talked about eating her food made him feel a little afraid.  It was clear she enjoyed the whole enterprise, from eating the food alive to feeling it die in her gullet.  “At any rate, you will begin to feel better by, oh, noon,” Melomar continued.  “I can give you some herbs that will help the nausea…”

“Oh!  Thank you, that would be lovely.”

“I hope I have enough…” said Melomar as he rummaged in his bag.  Normally he would prescribe a few clippings of this herb in tea, but in this case he would need his whole bundle.  Finding what he was looking for, he pulled out the bundle, thinking that as soon as this giantess was gone to where ever she came from that he would need to have a long talk with the village elders and the Lord Mayor of Jenowin.  This girl, if she ever decided to do to people what she did to bears…

A thought occurred to him.  He could try and kill her.  Now.  He could poison her, allowing her to die.  Of course, some of the softer saps in the village would be angry at him, but they would be glad later.  Then he realized that the amount of herb he was about to tell her to take would be such a poison to any normal person, and he certainly could not conjure up enough poison to kill such a creature with what he had in his bag.  He could come up with a ruse to keep here there, but no, he was not by nature dishonest.  He was a healer, a servant of men, not a killer.  He would help the girl as he would any patient and hope that would engender him to her.  She was, after all, clearly young, maybe only a teenager, or whatever the equivalent was for her people.  Besides, what in the world would they do with a massive corpse on their hands?

Melomar wondered if there were more giantesses like her.  “Where do you come from?” he asked her, point blank.  He had found what he was looking for but continued to rummage in the bag.  The girl was clearly feeling a little better, and she was not afraid to talk, so it was imperative that he get some more knowledge.

Her response was surprising.  “I don’t know.  I just sort of ‘showed up’ here I guess, one day.  I was on my way to my grandmother’s house, she lives through the woods behind our house.  But, I never made it there.  Instead I met this talking wolf…”

“Talking wolf?”  Melomar was curious now.  Talking animals, long ago enchanted by some long dead magician for an unknown purpose, were indeed to be found, but were rare in the extreme.  They tended to not fit in well with their animal brethren and thus lived more like savage humans, not really in one world or the other.  He had heard of a talking wolf that had terrorized a village about fifty kilometers to the west of Kel, but such a monster had not been seen anywhere near here.  It had been rumored that a quarrel with some talking pigs had led the wolf on a rampage; it killed and devoured several people before it was driven off.  Most hoped it was dead.

“Was it a tiny wolf?  I mean, compared to yourself?”

“No, he was a regular wolf, well, I guess, I mean he was as big as huge dog, but he could talk.  He scared me and told me he would eat me unless I told him where my grandmother lived.  I didn’t know what else to do, so I led him off the opposite direction…I was going to sacrifice myself to him to save my grandmother.”

“Very noble of you.”

“Thanks…”

“I know of no giant wolves…”

“Well, that’s just it, I wasn’t a giant…I guess not yet.  I mean, here I’m as tall as the trees.  Where I come from, I’m just normal size. I mean I’m not taller than the houses and people…I don’t know…”

“You were not always a giant?”

“Oh, not at all.  It wasn’t until, well, any way, I’m walking along with this ravenous monster behind me when I fall down a hole neither of us saw.  The wolf fell, too, and I was knocked out.  When I woke up, I was huge, and the wolf I could hold in my hand.  I had no idea where I was…”

“And the wolf?”

“He actually tried to attack me.  He bit me on the foot and tried to scratch me, but he was so little…”

“And did you defend yourself.”

“Oh, yeah.  I picked him by the scruff of the neck so he couldn’t bite me anymore.”

“And…”

“I ate him.  He was threatening to eat me, so I ate him.”

“Alive?”

“Yep.  I was surprised I could do it, but right after he went down my throat, I worried that he would hurt me from inside my stomach, but he didn’t.  When I got huge I also got tough.”

“What made you think of eating him as opposed to…”

“Something else?  I dunno, really. I think it’s because he said he wanted to eat me, and I was hungry.”

“Tell me about your homeland…”

“It’s totally different from here.  I’m not a giant for one.  You guys don’t have cars or electricity…”

It was clear she was here by magic of some kind, and since Melomar did not understand her last two words, which therefore told him nothing, he changed topics on her.  “Your outfit is strange. What is the significance of it?  Why do you bare most of your body?”

“Oh,” said the girl, looking down at herself.  “Yeah, my grandmother doesn’t like it when I show my stomach, either.  Its really hot in the summer where I’m from, and I usually wear shorts and some kind of short top when I go outside.  I just like it, I guess, since I’m not so burning up and I do like people looking at me some.  Guys like it when I show my belly button.  The hood was a present from my grandmother, so I wear it when I go see her.  Also, it covers up my stomach for her.  She thinks showing my belly button is immoral or something.  Here its been good to have…”

“You sound like you are feeling better.”

“I am, actually,” said the girl, sitting up.  “Just in the last few minutes I feel like I’ve turned a corner.  I can feel the bear start to digest in my stomach rather than just slosh around.”

“Do you still want the herbs?”

“Please.”

“Here Alanar, hand these to her.”

Alanar looked a little nervous about this task, but he was loyal, and he moved to obey, although he did wonder why the Master did not just do it himself.  Alanar accepted the small bundle from his Master and slowly approached the girl.

Looking up at her face, he though he detected a change in her expression, one from that of a hurting little girl to more of a smirk.  He walked up to where she was reclining on the ground, her enormous hand supporting her as she lay on her side.  He was standing very near to her bare belly, and he could not help but look up at it.  As a young man, he too thought she was sexy, and none of the girls around here ever showed off their legs and arms and belly.  The idea of her naked belly was alluring beyond imagination; her stomach was beautiful and sexy, and he loved her visible belly button.

The girl apparently noticed his frequent glances up and down her body, and she made sure her hooded cloak was completely behind her so that none of her body was obscured.  To help matters, the sun was coming up, making her easier to see.  She also lightly rubbed the skin of her belly, just above her belly button, with the tips of her fingers; perhaps indicating some lingering discomfort, but probably because she knew that’s where Alanar was looking.

She did not say anything as Alanar approached, but she had a new fire in her eyes which he quite liked.  Alanar knew what he wanted to do.  Nervous, he stopped, looked the giant girl in her pretty face again, then turned to look at the Master.  The old man was busily packing up his supplies, and was not paying much attention.  Indeed, his mind seemed far away as he mumbled under his breath.  Alanar did not know that the old man intended to see the Lord Mayor, who was rumored to be in route, as soon as possible.

Looking back at the giant girl, Alanar spoke his request.  “My Lady,” he said, addressing her in a form he thought appropriate.  “Please do not think me forward, Master wants you to have this medicine, and I could just hand it to you, but could I…” and he shuddered, apparently getting nervous.  “Could I, please, bring it to your mouth, walking across your…” he exhaled loudly, “walking across your heavenly body?”  There, he had said it.  He had made his desire known.

Melomar looked up with a start and whirled on the young man.  “Are you insane?” he said through gritted teeth, hoping the giant girl could not hear.  He fully intended her to be on her way.

“No, Master.  Please, grant me this pleasure.”

“It’s fine, really,” said the girl, who had apparently heard.  “I’m okay with it.”

“You are of age, Alanar, your fate is in your own hands.”

“Thank you, Master!” said Alanar.  He had heard the Master say those words before, and he knew that they conveyed strong disagreement, but that there was nothing he could really do about it.  Alanar was his apprentice, not his slave after all.  And young men will be young men.  Melomar had to admit to himself that, had he been Alanar’s age, he would have wanted to do something like that himself.  Not to say that he would have done it, but he would have wanted to.

Alanar tucked the bundle of herbs into his belt and began to clamber up the side of the girl’s shorts as she rolled over to her back.  He used the thick fabric for hand holds.  Within moments, he was standing on the waist of the girl’s shorts, looking up at her face across the landscape of her mostly naked body.  About a meter in front of him was the crater of her belly button; about 30 centimeters wide and as twice as many long.  The plain of her stomach extended to her breasts which, though covered, were very nicely shaped, the space between them like a small mountain pass.  Alanar looked over the girl’s body from her belly button to her face, and saw that she was smiling at him.

He decided to begin his trek. He stepped from the waist of her shorts onto the flesh of her stomach, which brought him to the edge of her belly button.  The girl giggled as his feet touched her skin, and Alanar almost fell off, but he stayed up.

Gingerly Alanar skirted her belly button, taking in every fold, crevice and shadow at the bottom of it, then he walked about half the way to where her top covered her breasts and stopped.  He looked down at her skin, and from so close he could see all the pores, blemishes and tiny hairs.  He realized with a start that he was directly over where her stomach was inside her abdomen.  He could feel the great sack’s churning under his feet, rolling around what was left of that big bear she had eaten.  What a monster!  An entire adult male bear had been inside her stomach!  With room for his mate and cub!  Alive!  Alanar shuddered, thankful that he was not on the menu.

But something about the spot on her belly was alluring to him.  Maybe it was the rhythmic churnings, or the gurgling noises that seemed to escape through her belly button.  He waited for a moment more before moving on.

He stepped from her skin onto the fabric which formed her top, and slipped between her breasts.  They were as tall as he was, and larger at the base.  He stopped again and looked back across her tummy, his eyes again pausing at the spot where he had stood over her stomach, across her belly button to where her legs and feet stretched to the distance, some fifty or sixty meters away.  He was dumbfounded by the sheer size and beauty of the giantess’ young and scantily clad body.

“Alanar!” the voice came from below him, on the ground.  Alanar blinked, realizing that he had been in a trance, fixated on the girl’s naked stomach.  Melomar had called to him.  “Hurry up!” the old man said.  “We’ve got other work to do today.”  Alanar nodded.  Most of the villagers had gone on to work as well, only a few curious remained.

Alanar looked back to the girl’s face, pleased to see that she was grinning at him, seeing a little humor in his predicament with his master.  Alanar squared his shoulders, turned back towards the girl’s face.  As he neared her head, it again amazed him at how large she was.  For some reason, he could accept her body as some kind of landscape, tantalizing in its shape and familiarity, but not quite a human being.  Now that her head was near him, alive and moving, breath in her nostrils, the blinking of her eyes and the moistness of her lips, she was very, very real.  And her lips!  Her mouth must have been four feet wide!

He stopped on her chest, she had her head angled down to look at him.  He stood tall and took the packet of herbs in both hands, then offered it to her.  Then she smiled.  Oh!  Her teeth!  As her lips parted to smile, not two meters away, a shudder went through Alanar.  His heart began to pound with a nearly overwhelming sense of fear and arousal. 

The girl shifted her weight a little to free her left hand.  Resting on her right elbow, she brought her left hand up to take the package offered by Alanar.  Her fingers were as long as Alanar was tall, but they were amazingly tactile and gentile, delightfully soft and feminine…

Alanar realized with a start that the girl’s fingers had gently wrapped around him!  The touch was gentile, it did not hurt, but strong, he could not move his arms, the packet of herbs was pinned between his arms and his body.  Alanar felt himself being lifted off his feet.  Looking up, the girl’s mouth transformed from a pleasant, albeit huge, smile into a giant gaping cavern.  She opened her mouth wide, the early morning sun shining straight into it, illuminating her teeth, her rolling tongue, dripping saliva and, in the very back, a sickening black hole…

“NO!” screamed Alanar as he felt himself move towards the girl’s gaping mouth.  “NO!  PLEASE!” The girl put her tongue out and wet her bottom lip, already saliva was pooling in the bottom of her mouth.

“DON”T EAT ME!  MY MASTER HELPED YOU- NO!  DON’T EAT ME… AAAAIIIIEEEEE!”

The girl shoved Alanar completely into her mouth, her nimble fingers dropping him onto her slimy tongue.  Alanar watched the herb package slide down the back of the girl’s tongue and vanish into the hole of her throat.  Then her tongue lowered…Alanar fought to extract himself from the girl’s mouth, but his actions only caused him to slide further inside.  Her slid down her tongue, her mouth closed on him, and her tongue pushed Alanar directly into the dark hole in the back of her mouth.

Melomar heard Alanar scream, and looked up only to see him vanish into the girl’s lovely mouth.  With a start, he watched her swallow, and a large lump passed down the front of her neck; a lump that was distinctly man-shaped.  Melomar backed up a step or two as the girl rolled over, presenting the entirety of her beautiful, shapely and naked belly to him.  She closed her eyes in obvious enjoyment.  “Mmmmmm…” she said, low in her throat, a noise somewhere between a hum and a growl of satisfaction.  The forefinger of her right hand twirled around her belly button tantalizingly.

“Great gods above!” yelled Melomar.  “You ate him!  You ATE Alanar!”

“Yes I did,” said the girl.  “And I just felt him enter my stomach…”

“But why?”

“I wanted to.  I was feeling better and he looked tasty.  And he was.”

“You are a monster!  I thought I was helping a young girl, not a murderous beast!  I had a notion to kill you while you were sick.”

“Did you, now?  Hm.  Well, you didn’t.  And I do thank you for helping me.  But I think your scrumptious young man has done more in my stomach than your medicines.  In a way, he was from you, too.”

“Now I shall have to call the Lord Mayor and…” Melomar looked nervously around.  None of the villagers who stood nearby seemed to have noticed that the giantess had eaten Alanar.  Most had lost interest and gone home once they saw the giant girl was not going to die.  This was actually good as a panic was never a good thing.

“You were saying?” asked the girl as Melomar realized he had trailed off mid sentence.

“You will have to be destroyed,” fumed the old man.  “This deed can not go unpunished…the Lord Mayor will call the king’s army…”

“That would be fine with me,” said the girl.  Sitting up, she got to her feet but stayed knelt down so that Melomar could hear and her voice would not carry too far.  “Bring it on.  I faced an army not too long ago in the country I think you call Belopel.  The ones who were not crushed I captured alive, and a good twenty or so of the best men left the battlefield inside my stomach!  I must have captured hundreds and, well, I think you know where they went…” the girl patted her bare belly playfully.  “And, of course, that left the villages open to me.  I ate rather well for a while…”

Melomar had never heard of the country of Belopel, but there was no reason to doubt the giantess’ words.

“I was planning on leaving this place alone, in gratitude.  And I still might…” the threat was obvious.  “I’m starting to feel a little hungry now.  My stomach is making quick work of what’s left of the bear and your little friend.  I had not planned on eating anyone else here…”

Melomar said nothing.

“At any rate, I seriously doubt you could have killed me with the amount of stuff you brought with you today…”

Damn!  Huge, strong, gorgeous and smart!  “Then be gone, if that is your plan.  And spare us your animal rages.”

“Oh, I’m no animal,” she said.  “It’s pure necessity for me, I do have to eat you know.  And eating people is so much more fun than eating animals, even talking ones!”  The girl stood up, stretched long and luridly, looked down and winked at Melomar before striding confidently into the forest.  The ground thudded as she walked, and she had to walk a good 200 meters into the woods before the trees hid her.  Then she was gone, left with poor Alanar digesting alive down in her stomach.

Melomar would have to inform the Lord Mayor, who could panic and run to the king, who would surly send an army of some kind.  But could any army handle a thirty meter giantess?