- Text Size +
  1. Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

It’s raining tiny people

 

 

Susan watched the dark clouds form overhead.

“I would forget to take an umbrella or a coat.” She muttered to herself. She was in the middle of the street.

Suddenly she felt something bounce off her head. Then she could hear something’s bounce off the ground. She looked around and saw hundreds of tiny naked men fall out of the sky. As far as she could see men were falling out of the sky.

“This can’t be.” She muttered. As an experiment she held out her hand and a man fell into it. He was no bigger than her thumb. He was also naked.

“Where did you come from?” She asked the man.

“You wished me and my brothers into existence.” The man replied.

“I did what?” Then it came back to her. She did wish for it to rain thumb sized men.

 

It was the night before when she and her friends came across a mysterious restaurant named Wishbone.  Other than the wishbone statue on the roof it didn’t seam too out of the ordinary. Then she saw the sign on the wall about once you make a wish you can’t take it back.

“Are you serious?” She recalled asking the manager. Some guy named Stanley Charm.

“I’m very serious. Who ever orders the wishbone meal deal gets one wish. But once the wish is made it can’t be taken back.”

She didn’t believe him of course and just to make a point she ordered the wishbone meal deal.

“What are you going to wish for?” One of her friends asked her.

“The craziest thing I can thing off that it will rain men that are no bigger than my thumb.”

That got a laugh out of her friends. But it didn’t seam so funny now.  Still surely her wish couldn’t be reasonable for this storm.

Suddenly the ringtone “We got the beat” came from her cell phone.

“Susan speaking.”

“Susan it’s raining men. I can see them falling outside my window.”Her friend Marcy told her. (She was one of the friends at the restaurant)

“I’m in the middle of Main Street and they are falling here to. “

“It’s your wish. You caused this to happen.”

“Nonsense. There must be another explanation.”

“Why do you deny creating me?” The man in her hand asked.

“Stay out of this.”

“Beg your pardon?”

“Sorry Marcy I was taking to the guy in my hand.”

“You mean you picked one of these things up?”

“Actually he just fell into my outstretched hand. I’ll talk to you later.” Susan then hung up. Looking around she saw the shower was coming to an end. But thousands of tiny men had fallen from the sky. They were on the ground as far as she could see.

“So long little guy.” Susan told the little guy as she placed him on the ground. To her dismay every tiny man within sight seamed to be looking at her.

“I really need to get going guys.”  Susan told the tiny men. She started walking but had to make frequent turns to avoid stepping on tiny men. She was a 5’8” brunette but she felt like she was a huge giantess.

 

She also noticed that other people weren’t being as careful as she was. She saw dozens of tiny men get crushed underfoot. Most people didn’t even notice. She did pass one blond woman who screamed at the sight of the bloody remains on the bottom of her running sneakers.

“These men have red blood just like normal men.” She noted. She also wondered if they were intelligent as normal men. Could killing them be considered murder? She was so lost in thought that she stepped on a tiny man before she saw him.

“Oh great.” Susan muttered as she looked at the broken body. Fortunately her house was within sight and she was able to get home without crushing any more men underfoot.

 

Susan found herself in a mysterious place where everything was white. She wasn’t alone. There was a man with black hair, fair skin and brown eyes. He was dressed in Panamas and was an inch shorter than her.

“Who the heck are you?” Susan asked the man. Before he could reply a voiced boomed out the words.

“Welcome Susan and Samuel.”

“Who are you?” Samuel asked.

“I am Mr. G.” The voice replied.

“What do you want?” Susan asked.

“You are here because of the wishes you two made at wishbone. Susan wished it would rain thumb sized men, while Samuel wished it would rain thumb sized women. Since you two created them they will become your responsibility.”

“What do you mean?” Samuel asked.

“Samuel you are to take care of the SW’s. You will be able to read their minds and they will obey you. Susan you have the same powers for the tiny men. ”

“What if I don’t want to care of a bunch of tiny men?”Susan asked.

“You’re a gentle woman at heart. You will want to help them.  By the way while the tiny men or their decedents live, you will live. The same is true for Samuel and the tiny women. “

“What descendants?” Samuel asked.

“The tiny men and women can have children. And their children can have kids and so on. So long Susan and Samuel I will keep in touch with you from time to time.”

 

Susan then found herself back in her bed.

“What a nightmare.” She muttered before going back to sleep.

 

Beep,beep,beep

Susan moaned as she turned off the alarm.

She turned on the television to catch a few moments of breakfast television. A couple who looked a little puzzled appeared on the screen.

“There is strange news out of Westside and Eastside cities. There are reports of tiny men in Eastside and of equally tiny women in Westside.” The man spoke into the camera.

Susan nearly spat out her coffee.

“Its sounds like an April fools joke. A shower of tiny men falls in one city and a shower of tiny women falls in a neighbouring city? How gullible do people think the media are?” The woman added.

“Ow!” Susan cried as she pinched herself. To her disappointment she didn’t wake up in bed.

 

“Heck with this I need to get ready for work.” She muttered to herself as she got dressed for work”.

To her dismay a dozen tiny men were on her front step when she opened the door. While they did there best to cover themselves with leaves and grass they still had a lot of skin showing.

“I really don’t have time for this.” She told the men as she stepped over them well over most of them. She winched when she accidently stepped on a couple.

 

Susan’s hopes that it would be a normal day at Treasure chest wholesalers were soon dashed. She was in the lunch room with her coworkers a few moments before the start of the work day. Besides herself sitting at the table was Cindy a short Asian woman. Her friend Marcy a brunette of normal height was also there. Mark a white man of average height and Mandy a tall blond woman rounded out the table.

“Look what I got.” Cindy shouted as she fished a tiny blond woman from her purse.

“Where did you get her?” Mark asked.

“Thousands of tiny women were falling out of the sky in Westside last night. “ Cindy replied. “She makes me feel so big.”

“You’re still only 4’11”.” Mandy who happened to be 5’11” pointed out. Then she fished a tiny man out of her purse.

“I found this little guy on my front yard this morning. And my friends tell me there are a lot more in Eastside.”

“Dare I ask why you took him to work?”Susan asked Mandy.

“He begged to come with me. He loves his new mistress.” Mandy replied.

“She’s lying. She crushed a man to death in front of me and said she would do the same to me if I didn’t agree to become her slave.”

“You stepped on a tiny man on purpose?”

“Sure did. Wait a minute how did you know that?”

“He told me.”

“He didn’t say a world. What did you do? Read his mind?”

“You’re my only hope Susan.” The tiny man thought at her.

“I got to go now.” Susan muttered before fleeing the room.

“What’s with her?” Cindy asked.

“I think I know.” Marcy replied before running after Susan.

 

“This is not happening.” Susan muttered to herself.

“It’s happening. But since when did you become a mind reader?”

“It’s Mr. G fault. He said I was to care of them.”

“Who is Mr. G?”

“Beats me. He showed up in my dream last night. He said that since I created the tiny men they are my reasonability.”

“What about the tiny women?”

“Since Samuel created them he is to care of them. What am I going to do Marcy? I don’t want spend my life taking of tiny men.”

“I don’t know.”

 

To be continued?

Author note: While this story idea has been with me for some time. I’m not sure where to take it from here or even if the story should be continued.  Feedback would be welcome.