- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As Rachel eats her breakfast, Samantha just grins and stares at her, making Rachel feel slightly uncomfortable...

Rachel sat in bed, shocked at what was put in front of her.  On her lap, Samantha had thrown a large tray, full of food.  An incredible spread was put on it.  There were eggs, French Toast, Bacon, Orange Juice, and more.  She didn’t know what to say.  It looked absolutely stunning, and see looked over at Samantha, confused as to why she suddenly had an enormous tray of food in her lap.

“W-what’s all this!?”

Samantha smiled, squinting her eyes at Rachel as she asked what the food was for.  Staring into the girl’s eyes, she replied, saying that she’d gotten up early so she could make breakfast for her.  Rachel was still in a confused state, looking down at her plate, and then back up at Samantha. 

After a few moments of silence, Samantha tilted her head and lost her smile.  Her face immediately began to turn red and her eyes began to water.  Getting a sad look on her face, she brought her hand to her hard and began to breathe heavily.  As she was changing her mood, she began to question Rachel about the breakfast she’d cooked for her.

“What’s wrong, Rachel?  Is something wrong with it?  Do you…do you not want my cooking?”

Rachel, feeling terrible for how Samantha’s attitude had changed, reached a hand out to her shoulder, smiling and nodding in her direction.  “Samantha.  Don’t cry.  It looks wonderful!  I’m just…surprised.  That’s all.”  Rachel then picked up the fork and began to eat the food.  Whether it was good or not, her pause had upset Samantha.  Who could blame her?  She’d gotten up early and slaved away to cook it all for her.  The least she could do was eat it and tell her it was good.  After taking a bite, she told Samantha that it was delicious.

Samantha’s face began to change back to the cheerful smile she’d had moments before when Rachel told her the food she’d cooked was delicious.  Her eyes began to sparkle and she almost jumped from her position.  “You mean it?  You really like it?  Oh, I’m so glad, Rachel!”

Over the next 10 minutes, Rachel quietly ate her breakfast, while Samantha stayed in her kneeled position, next to the bed.  As Rachel ate, she would look over every so often at Samantha, noticing that she wasn’t doing anything at all where she was.  The entire time, she was just smiling and staring as she ate.  After a few times of seeing this, Rachel started to get a little nervous.  ‘She’s…just watching me.  I feel bad for being the only one eating right here.  I should offer her some of my food’ she thought to herself.  Turning towards Samantha, she reached the plate out to her.

“Hey, why don’t you have some too?  It’s really good, and I haven’t seen you eat anything.”

Samantha’s smile slowly faded as the plate was pointed out to her.  She blinked a couple times, realizing what Rachel had said to her and quickly shook her head.  “Oh, no…I couldn’t do that, Rachel.  I made this for you and you alone.  Don’t worry about me, I already ate” 

Rachel hesitantly retracted the plate and looked away from Samantha.  She felt bad for eating in front of her, but if that’s the way Samantha wanted it, she shouldn’t go out of the way to stop her.  She may have her own ideals and morals, but it wasn’t her place to question the ones Samantha already had in place in the house.  She nodded to her as she stuck her fork back down into the food and continued eating her breakfast.

After a few more minutes, Rachel had eaten the rest of what was on her plate.  As she finished up, she washed the food down with her Orange Juice, and set it back on the tray.  Looking to the side, she saw Samantha, back to staring at her as she was eating.  Trying to break the awkward moment she was having, Rachel looked at her and thanked her for the meal. 

“Hey, Samantha.  That was really good.  I loved it.  I’d like to get up now, so do you mind if I take care of this tray?  It’s not that I don’t appreciate your kindness, but I just got finished decorating my side of the room last night.  Could you, umm…stay in here and take a look at what I’ve done?  I’d love to know what you think…”   

As much as Rachel thought that Samantha would want to take the plate away herself, she still wanted to get up and step outside for awhile.  She still had a lot on her mind about her new home.  She wanted to get out and see everything around the house, meet the neighbors, and learn about the area, among other things.  She wasn’t that excited about wanting Samantha to judge her decorations, but it was an excuse for her to stay in the room and let her take care of her food tray.

At first, Samantha was confused as to why Rachel would want to take care of her own food tray when she was there to take care of it for her.  She wanted to make Rachel feel as comfortable and pampered as possible as she was settling into the house.  She liked her new roommate, and wanted the very best for her.  As she listened to Rachel through the conversation, though, she was touched when she heard that Rachel wanted to know her thoughts of the decorations she’d put in place.  Smiling, she nodded and agreed to stay in the bedroom to study her choice in decorations.

“Oh!  Of course, Rachel.  I’d love to judge how you’ve decorated the room!”

Rachel nodded and walked out with the food tray.  Samantha smiled and watched her curvy form rise from the bed and slowly make it’s way out of the room.  Admiring her the entire time, she stared at every inch of her body.  After she’d left the room, Samantha stared out the doorway for a couple minutes, locked in a big smile before blinking and standing up.

Walking around the room, she looked at the decorations that Rachel had put up.  There really wasn’t much to see, but there were a few things decorated on the wall and the dresser.  They were mostly pictures of Rachel and her mother, throughout the years.  There was a picture of the two of them outside a small house, one with them inside some sort of classroom, and many others in other places that Samantha couldn’t recognize.

Finally, Samantha noticed the picture Rachel had shown her the night before, the one showing a young Rachel and both of her parents.  She picked it up and looked into it again as she laid on Rachel’s bed.  Snuggling against the large, white pillow, she stared into the young version of Rachel in the picture, as if in a trance, fixated on her face.  “Even young, she looks beautiful” she whispered to herself.  She brought the picture up to her face and kissed the glass above Rachel’s face.

As she pulled the picture away, she began to look at the other two people in the picture.  She took a quick look at Rachel’s mother, and then switched her sight to her father. 

“W-WHAT!?”

Samantha nearly screamed in shock as she looked at the picture.  In reaction, she tossed the picture and it’s frame onto the bed sheets in front of her.  Quickly bolting herself into a sitting position, her eyes widened as she looked down at the picture.  Her hands quickly covered her mouth and her entire body started shaking.  Looking down and seeing Rachel’s father sent a chill down Samantha’s spine.  She felt a stinging in her gut as she saw the man’s face.

She then began whispering to herself, muffled by the hands she had over her mouth.

“T-That’s….No…That’s not possible!”

Samantha’s entire body continued to shake as she stared into the face of Rachel’s father in the picture.  She was filled with an icy-cold fear, as if his face meant something to her.  She quickly forced herself up, put the picture back on the dresser, and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door shut and locking it…

Chapter End Notes:

As Samantha locks herself in the bathroom, what has happened to her?  What about Rachel's father could have upset her so much?