- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rachel wakes up in the night and tries to leave the bed, but is thwarted by a sleeping (or so it seems) Samantha grasping her hair.  Shortly after, Samantha awakens and begins to prepare something for her new roommate...

Rachel slowly woke up in the middle of the night.  As she gained consciousness, she could feel the dry tear marks on her face.  Reaching her hand up, she began rubbing her finger tips against her face, trying to feel where they were.  She almost expected the tears to still be there.  Although she’d drifted off to sleep, it didn’t feel like that much time had actually passed.  She wasn’t really sure what happened to her.  One minute, she was talking about her father, and the next, she was laying down, her eyes shut.

She began to open her eyes and immediately noticed Samantha lying next to her.  Her eyes bolted awake, a little shocked at seeing them both in the same bed.  She looked at the calm, sleeping Samantha and blinked a few times.  Yawning, she looked up at the ceiling, and then turned her body to look at the wall behind her.  As she looked out the window, she noticed that it had gotten dark outside.  It must have been night time. 

‘I should get up quietly’ she thought to herself, not wanting to wake her sleeping roommate.  As she began to move, she heard a noise coming from Samantha and immediately froze, returning her body to its original position.  She watched her closely, expecting her to open her own eyes and wake up.  A few moments went by and she didn’t wake up.  Her eyes stayed shut, her breathing was consistent, but she did say something.

“Mmmm…you smell good…Can I take you home with me?”

Rachel thought the statement was a little strange.  But, as Samantha finished it, her body shifted slightly and the breathing started again.  Thinking further into it, Rachel realized that she must have been dreaming at the time.  The weird statement was merely a product of a weird dream that Samantha was having at the time.  She smiled at her, and then tried to move again.

As she moved, she got a little further, but her hair was being pulled on by something.  As some slight pain hit her scalp, she looked over towards Samantha, following a few strands of her hair.  Looking closely, she saw that those strands of hair were gripped in the girl’s hands.  She sighed as she looked at the tightly-closed fist.  She wanted to get up and do something, but she couldn’t just open the girl’s hand up without waking her. 

“Hmmm…” she whispered to herself as she thought.  There was no way she’d be able to get up with her hair being gripped by the sleeping Samantha, so she returned to her laying position again and set her head down by Samantha’s.  She whispered, as if talking to Samantha, stating that she could spend a little more time in bed with her before she would get up and do something else.  Closing her eyes, she slowly drifted back to sleep.

“That’s my girl.  Just sleep your heart away…”

The moment Rachel fell under, Samantha had opened her eyes and let out a big smile.  Softly letting the hair loose that she’d grabbed, she pushed herself off the bed and stood next to the sleeping Rachel.  She looked to the side and saw that Rachel’s photograph was still lying on the bed, right next to her feet.  She slowly picked it up, put it on a nearby dresser, and dropped down to her knees by the bed.  Laying her head on the end of the bed, she looked into Rachel’s innocent, sleeping face. 

Nearly an hour went by and all Samantha had done was stare into Rachel’s face and smile.  She seemed to be watching the girl, as if to make sure she was sleeping soundly.  The feeling of being tired caught up with her as well, however, and she eventually got up from her knees.  Walking to the end of the bed, she was preparing to leave the room.  As she looked back at her, she saw her small, soft feet at the edge of the bed.  Bending down by them, she planted a soft kiss on her left sole and whispered to Rachel.  “Sweet dreams, roomie.”

Samantha slowly and quietly walked out of the room and into the hallway, making her way to the kitchen.  As she walked in, she noticed the clock on the wall read 7:34 a.m.  Looking around at the stove and the fridge, she decided that she’d need to get to work on breakfast for the two of them. 

“The sun will be up soon.  I need to welcome my sweet Rachel with a nice meal in bed.  Surely she’d enjoy that.  Surely she’d appreciate me.”

As the clock ticked by, Samantha opened up the refrigerator and cabinet and began to pull out food.  Onto the counter came eggs, sliced cheese, milk, butter, syrup, Bacon, Orange Juice, and a loaf of bread.  Turning below the sink, she pulled out some more supplies, including a large tray, whisk, spatula, two cooking pans, and a small fork.  Setting everything out, she smiled and began to get to work.

After nearly 30 minutes, Samantha had finished cooking and arranged an assortment of food on the large tray.  On a large plate, there were two slices of French toast, fried and scrambled eggs, three slices of bacon, a small cup of Orange Juice, a small cup of Syrup, a napkin, and the fork and knife she’d gotten out earlier.  Eyeing the arrangement she’d made, she smiled and called it ‘perfect’.  Looking at the clock, she realized that it was nearly eight o’clock.

“Well, it’s almost wake-up time.  I’d better go serve this food to my Rachel.”

Making her way back up to the bedroom, she slowly walked, making sure she could keep the tray full of food balanced and from crashing to the ground.  It didn’t take very long to get there, but as she arrived in the bedroom, she saw Rachel, still asleep, in bed.  Samantha softly giggled at seeing the girl asleep.  Approaching the bed, she set the tray down on the dresser to free her hands.  Reaching towards Rachel, she rubbed her face with them, trying to wake her up.  Rachel was still there, motionless.

As Samantha thought about it, she thought of another way to wake her roommate up.  She slowly leaned forward, bringing her face near Rachel’s.  She softly kissed her cheek and spoke into her ear.  It started as a whisper, but slowly got louder as she progressed through her statement. 

“Rachel…hun, it’s time to wake up.  Your dear roommate has made some special for you, hehe”

As Samantha giggled at the end of her statement, she nuzzled Rachel, causing her to yawn and begin to wake up.  “M..M- Mommy?” muttered Rachel, slowly gaining her consciousness back from the world of sleep.  Seeing her eyes begin to open, Samantha stood up by the bed and just smiled down at her.  Her gaze beamed down at Rachel until she was completely awake, looking up at her. 

Rachel looked slightly confused, but hadn’t said anything.  She blinked a few times before Samantha decides to say something to her.  Reaching her hand down, she softly brushed some hair from Rachel’s forehead and eyes.  After seeing Rachel not doing anything to stop her, she rubbed her hair for a moment before giving her the morning greeting she’d been preparing. 

“Good morning, Sunshine!  Your Rachel has prepared something special for you!”

She immediately turned around, grabbed the tray of food, and set it on Rachel’s lap, who’d just pulled herself into a sitting position.  Samantha pulled her hands together and smiled as she watched Rachel look at the food…   

Chapter End Notes:

Samantha seems to be doing a lot for Rachel.  How will Rachel cope if these gifts and favors keep up?