- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Samantha tries to devise a plan to keep Eve from doing this, with disastrous results...

“No!  No, Eve!  NO!  I’ll do anything you want!  I’ll show you how to use it!  I’m sorry!”  Samantha was in tears, crying for her life as she was dangled in the air.  She fought off the harsh winds of being carried with the now-giant Eve as the woman headed towards the shrinking device.  Samantha knew exactly what Eve was planning.  She wasn’t going to kill the girl, but she would make her wish she had.  She was, without a doubt, headed over to that device so she could make Samantha so small that not even she’d be able to see her anymore.  Samantha would live as a microbe, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Eve simply kept walking, ignoring everything that Samantha was saying.  Eve knew herself all too well.  She was aching, but she was still an affectionate person, and Mother.  If she let herself listen to Samantha too long, she might start feeling sorry for her and start second-guessing the idea of tormenting the girl with her own device.  As the girl screamed further and further, Eve’s eye eventually began to twitch.  She knew she couldn’t ignore her forever if this kept up.  She ended up stopping, about halfway towards the device and looked at her.

She took a long, strong breath through her knows, blowing back Samantha’s hair and causing her body to sway even more violently as she dangled between Eve’s two fingers.  “Would you just be quiet?!  Even when you’re the size of a bug, you’re unbearable!  So, Samantha, just listen to me for a moment, alright?  You’ve lost.  You lost your chance at getting rid of me.  You lost your chance of ever becoming close to Rachel.  It’s over.  I’m going to do this to you, and there’s nothing you can do to stop me.  I don’t want to kill you.  Otherwise, you’d probably already be a bloody stain on the bottom of my foot or hand by now.”

Samantha took in everything Eve had just said and squeaked her voice, completely shutting her mouth and becoming silent.  Her hands were shaking at what Eve had said.  The idea that Eve would have immediately smashed her with her foot or hand was frightening to Samantha.  Her mind pictured the scenario, and it frightened her even more.  She cold almost see the gigantic, soft, bruised foot dangling over her, and coming down with unimaginable force.  She began to cry again at that thought as Eve kept watching her and smiled.

“Good girl.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, we’ve got work to do.  The threat you pose needs to be gone, forever, and the only way to do that and –not—kill you would be the make you small enough that you couldn’t do anything, to me or to Rachel.  So, we’re going to go over to that nifty device you’ve been using and we’re gonna make you smaller.  Now, we don’t want you to be lonely, so I think that after I’ve made you the size of a speck of dust to me, I’ll walk over and let you climb up onto my foot.  Since you love your own feet so much, I think it’s only fair that I allow you to be close to mine.  After all, I’m not heartless, like you are.”

Samantha’s eyes were twitching.  Although she loved toying with her little pets with her feet, she couldn’t stand feet that were normal-size to her, let alone the scale that Eve was talking about.  More than likely, Samantha would end up small enough that Eve’s foot would seem endless to her.  She shook her head around and needed a way out of this.  Her body was stuck between two fingers and it was a long way down.  There had to be a way out of this, there had to.  As she looked around and tried to focus past the lightheadedness she was experiencing, she noticed Eve’s fingertip.  There was a sizable bruise on it, and the girl got to thinking.

Within moments, Samantha has devised a plan.  A bad one, but the only one she could think of.  If Eve’s bruise was tender enough, she might be able to get her to drop her if she bit into the bruise and aggravated that tenderness.  Within nothing to lose, Samantha did just as she’d planned and dug her teeth into the bruised finger that held her, as hard as she could.  She could only hope and pray that Eve would drop her, and that she’d be able to find a safe way to the ground.  Eve was almost at the remote, and she didn’t have any time to think of anything else.

“OUCH!” Eve yelped in pain as she felt a surge of torture flying up her hand.  She immediately started shaking her hand up and down, flopping the little Samantha all over the place.  Losing sight of her grip, her fingers fell apart as her hand did a downward motion, launching the tiny girl towards the ground at frightening speeds.  Samantha screamed at the top of her lungs as she was flung down to the ground.  Her life flashed before her eyes just as she impacted the ground, directly in front of Eve’s big toe.  Her body hit the floor and everything went dark.

Sucking on her finger, Eve eventually realized what had just happened.  Gasping, she looked down towards the ground.  Directly in front of one of her feet was a mess on the floor.  A crippled, bloody pile of what was left of Samantha’s tiny body.  Eve kneeled over and frowned down at the tiny corpse, letting out a sigh.  “Darnit, Samantha…I wasn’t going to kill you…yet you did this.  Well…all I can say is that now you can rest in peace.  You won’t be able to hurt anyone anymore.”

Eve let out another sigh as she stared down at Samantha’s body.  Inside her, though, she was smiling for a little bit.  It was finally over.  She had made it through this situation.  The threat that Samantha posed was finally gone.  However, the reality showed itself as the ground began to shake around Eve.  Her head twisted around towards the doorway, knowing what was happening. 

The threat of Samantha was gone, but Eve’s adventure was only just beginning…

Chapter End Notes:

THE END

To Be Continued in a Later Story…