- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Eve slowly treks down the bed skirt as she hears Samantha talking about a lot of things, notably her past...

The tone of Samantha’s voice was slowly changing.  She was no longer calling Eve by the name ‘slave’ at this point.  There was something going on in that cold, twisted head of hers, something that both Eve and Rachel knew nothing about.  She was yearning for the company of her tiny slave as she was frantically looking around for her.  Eventually, however, she stopped moving.  She was thinking about the past, her past.  Memories and events were playing out in her head as she remembered things from when she was small, and they were all coming back to her, slowly speaking the events aloud.

“Why are all of these images showing themselves to me, right here, right now?  They didn’t happen anytime recently.  Those things happened years and years ago.  I can see a small child swinging on a swing in the back yard.  She is in tears, her face is red, and she’s wearing torn clothing.  That is me, isn’t it?  Yes…it is definitely me.  I remember that day.  The day Mommy left me.  I didn’t know about it at the time, though.  Mom had sent me outside before it happened.  By the time I knew something was wrong and rushed my 6-year old legs inside, it was too late.  She was on the floor, motionless.”

Eve had been trekking her way down the massive bed skirt as Samantha’s booming voice was talking about this story.  Even her breathing was starting to get heavier and heavier.  Why was Samantha suddenly talking about this?  Was it a trick to get her to reveal herself to her, or was she literally seeing her life flashing before her eyes?  The tiny woman had stopped climbing, half-way down the bed skirt, and rested her body against it, slowly listening to what the woman had to say.

“Mom left me!  I never even found out why!  All I know is that she forced me out the door and all I heard later was a pair of gunshots.  The police always told me it was an accident.  An accident…yeah, right!  An accident where she had a gun in her hand and just happened to blow her own brains out?!  What a tall tale, that was.  Deep down, the blow had hit me the hardest, for I knew the real reason that ‘accident’ happened.  It wasn’t because of an accident.  She did it to herself!  She did it on purpose.  She hated me!  She always hated me!”

Eve was raising an eyebrow as the girl was continuing her rant towards the room around her.  This girl’s mother killed herself?  No, it had to be a ploy.  It was a sympathy card.  It had to be.  She shook her head and tried to keep every ounce of sympathy out of her system.  She could not afford to become sympathetic, not towards this girl.  The moment she walked out would surely be the last she had of being a size where Rachel would still be able to see her.  She had to keep herself still and not move a muscle. 

“They were trying to hide something from me, I knew it!  They never realized it, but I heard a lot of what they talked about at night.  It was always about me and something they called ‘it’.  ‘It’ was something Daddy’s company had invented.  Before their departure from this world, I never knew just what it was or what it did.  I only remember so many conversations about how my hands were the wrong hands for it to be in.  He would always tell Mom that I was ‘too unstable’ to handle it.  Unstable?  How in the world am I unstable?  He was crazy.  He always had been, pushing me around for all those years.  It made me so upset!”

Running a hand across her forehead, Eve was intently listening to the tale now, and starting to have less sympathy for this girl.  She was starting to sound a little more like the Psychopath she’d gotten accustomed to the past day.  Surely a father pushing his daughter around every so often wouldn’t mean he was insane.  A lot of people push others around every so often.  If they’re Alpha, it’s a natural reaction.  However, Eve was about to get even more of the story, and learn the origin of Samantha’s terrifying habits.

“So, I decided to get back at Daddy.  He was so mean, and he deserved to be punished for that.  It’s what Mom always told me.  When someone is mean to you, they deserve to be punished!  So, one night, I snuck down into the basement, into his office.  After digging through a load of chests and boxes, I found something.  The box read ‘IT’ and I knew this was the right thing.  I would take this thing and show him that I wasn’t unstable and unfit to use it, whatever it was.  Quickly opening the box, I took out this remote-looking thing.  I had no idea what it was, but I had to learn fast as I heard him coming down the steps.”

Eve’s eyes widened as she heard what was going on.  Was this…’IT’ thing the device she’d been using to make her into her tiny slave?  She was becoming extremely interested in this story.  If this was true, and Eve could find out why Samantha developed all these habits, maybe…just maybe she or Rachel could help fix this girl’s mind.  As she listened, she got exactly what she was expecting.

“I whipped around and could clearly see the aiming end of this thing.  I was in the dark, but Dad came down in the light, yelling and screaming.  He’d apparently seen me come downstairs and was furious.  He called me many names, and I just couldn’t stand it.  My hand gripped the device, pushing my thumb against one of the buttons.  After that, I was in control.  I watched him get smaller and smaller, becoming the puny man he truly was.  I then disposed of him.  That’s what drove Mom away.  She knew…somehow, she KNEW what happened to Dad.  She was obviously scared of me, scared of what I would do to her.”

“She was right, too.  Cross me and she would end up with the same fate as Dad did, as all of my slaves do.  I’m a mistreated princess.  I’m a high person in the world and therefore, I deserve to tower over everyone who would dare deny me what I deserve.  Eve, are you listening?!  Now you know how all of this started.  If you don’t come out right now, you will be very, very sorry!  I’ll find you, and when I do, you will not like the circumstances.  The device won’t be pointed at you, however.  I’ll bring you before Rachel, your own daughter.  The device will be pointed at her.  For your insolence, my love will suffer.  She will join you and you will both be my personal slaves, living only to please your Goddess.  I love her, and will treat her well as a slave.  You, however, will not be.  You have 5 minutes to show yourself before your precious daughter becomes my new doll.”





 


 

Chapter End Notes:

With Samantha going off the deep end and threatening to shrink Rachel, what is Eve going to do?