- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rachel leaves the bedroom and goes to the living room, thinking about a memory of her mother, while Eve is trapped with her captor...

Rachel closed the door behind her as she backed out of the bedroom.  She’d wanted to see Samantha, to make sure she was alright, but it didn’t seem the right time to do so.  She was in bed, sleeping off her wounds, no doubt.  In the years she’d spent with her mother, Rachel had known all too well that the best thing you can do for a person trying to recover from an injury was to simply let them rest.  She’d learned this from her mother years ago, when she kept trying to talk with her when she was sick. 

Back then, Eve had been sick in bed with pneumonia.  She was shivering constantly and tried to keep herself secluded for the entire week she was sick.  Rachel tried to come in multiple times to talk to her and spend time with her, but she’d told her a dozen times that you shouldn’t disturb a sleeping patient.  She’d been told that people slept a lot when they were sick for a reason, and that disturbing that sleep would only make their illness worse. 

Rachel, still being a child at the time, had no idea what her mother meant.  She refused to leave, only thinking about speaking with her mother about how sad it was that she was stuck in bed.  She went on and on about how it wasn’t fair that Eve was sick while she wasn’t.  Eve, knowing that it was bad for her, simply gave up trying to push her daughter away and talked with her throughout the first couple days of the illness.  She knew the consequences of her actions and, as cruel as it would seem, was counting on those consequences to put her through anguish and give Rachel a hard-earned lesson.

Within the next few days, her sickness worsened, to the point where she couldn’t stay conscious anymore.  Her breathing was heavy and wheezing, and her entire body felt ice-cold.  Eve could barely keep herself together as she watched her tear-filled daughter watch her torment.  Before losing consciousness for the rest of the week and recovering, she merely said one statement to Rachel.  “Rachel, this is why you need to let sick patients rest.” 

Rachel had taken this pretty hard as a child.  For an entire week, she was sitting by her mother’s side, unable to speak with her or wake her up.  She could only watch as she slept for days and days, as if she were never going to wake up.  During the entire ordeal, that last statement had always stuck in Rachel’s mind.  She’d known what her mother meant.  She, Rachel, had ignited the sickness and done this to her mother.  She’d made her mother’s sickness turn for the worse and, unknown to Rachel, Eve had almost died from the pneumonia. 

Rachel let out a sigh as she walked down the hallway and into the living room, thinking about Samantha’s illness and the memory of her mother’s pneumonia.  It was all a little much for her to handle at the time, so she laid herself down on the couch and tried to get some rest of her own.  As she closed her eyes, she whispered to herself.  “Please get better soon, Samantha.  I don’t want to lose you…”

The girl soon felt herself drifting off to sleep, completely unaware of the events about to unfold in the bedroom…

------------------------

Eve’s entirely body was ice-cold as she saw the towering girl on the other side of the room.  Her mind was racing as time was standing still.  She thought a million thoughts to herself, her entire being gripped by the fear that was presenting itself from seeing Samantha’s icy gaze.  ‘H-How long has she been awake?!  Could she have known I was trying to escape?  No…she wouldn’t dare risk Rachel finding me.  Rachel must have woken her up just now.  If that’s true, then…why wouldn’t she have gotten up and responded to her?  Could she have noticed me gone and hoped that Rachel was going to leave the room?’ 

The thoughts were piling up in Eve’s mind, but they soon came to a stop as the gigantic Samantha from across the room became to speak down to her.  “..and just WHERE do you think you’re going, slave?”  That one statement made Eve’s situation all the worse as the chills of guilt and terror filled up her body, bringing her down to her knees.  She couldn’t see straight anymore.  Her head was shaking so violently that everything around her was a blur.  She could, however, tell one thing.  She was in trouble, deep trouble.

She watched as closely as she could as Samantha took a step forward, planting her foot into the ground, causing a slight tremor beneath Eve.  Eve’s mind was filling with thoughts of what Samantha was about to do to her, and it caused tears to begin to run down the woman’s face.  Samantha had made it about halfway across the room when she stopped and brought her feet together, still staring down at Eve with that piercing gaze.  She raised her head a little and let out a single statement to tell Eve what to do.  “Come to your goddess and beg for your forgiveness!”

Eve wasn’t sure what she was thinking, but her mind and body were in great conflict.  Her brain was screaming ‘Come on, Eve!  Move!  Move, now, while you have a chance of gaining the girl’s forgiveness.  She has you trapped and this is the only way to get out of this mess!’ while her body was holding itself still.  It was too scared to move a single muscle, as she just stayed there, on her knees, looking up towards her fuming captor.  Unable to get herself to move, she would soon pay the price for what she’d done.

Eve’s eyes widened as Samantha’s arm rose up, her shrinking device pointed at her as her gaze got an even fiercer look.  The wicked girl took a deep breath and spoke down to her.  “I said come and beg, slave!  If you can’t accept this order, then maybe you need some extra motivation!”  As she finished her statement, a flash of light shot out from the device, immediately engulfing Eve’s body.  The woman couldn’t feel anything, but closed her eyes, afraid of what was about to happen to her.  Although she didn’t know for sure, she had a pretty good idea that her nightmare was about to get a lot worse.

She shivered as the flash of light faded from her vision.  She was almost too afraid to open her eyes but, curiosity overtaking her, she slowly opened her eyelids.  As she opened her eyes, she saw an enormous object falling before her.  As it hit the ground, she fell over, rolling several feet to the side.  The impact had made an enormous quake, one far greater than any she’d felt at this point thus far.  Her eyes had closed for a moment, fearing what diminished size she was down to now.

Slowly picking herself up, she looked forwards and screamed as she realized what had happened to her.  Her head was now level with Samantha’s ankle.  Her entire body fell backwards, shivering in fright as she saw a gigantic hand reaching down, preparing to snatch her up…

Chapter End Notes:

With Eve diminished in size even further, how will she fare against what horrors Samantha may have in store for her?  Has her slim chance of getting her daughter's attention finally flickered away?