- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Eve finally sees her beloved daughter towering over her and makes haste to try and contact her...

Eve’s head had shot up, despite the pain in her heads and fatigue running through her body.  After that painful and fear-filled adventure to get off the bed, she’d heard something coming her way.  The ground was shaking again and again, consecutive quakes about the same magnitude and the same time away from one another.  This made Eve almost smile as she rolled over and picked herself off the ground.  She knew that these quakes were most definitely one of two possible causes.  One of these causes would fill Eve with happiness and the other would fill her with fright.

The first possibility was that Samantha had awoken and had gotten off her bed to find where little Eve had gone.  As Eve looked up towards the bed, she could see a few of the girl’s toes handing off the edge, twitching every so many seconds.  This left her with only one possible answer: Rachel was headed towards the bedroom. 

Eve let out a huge smile as she felt the quakes.  Although intimidating by themselves, it meant that she might have a chance right here to get her daughter’s attention and get them both out of the mess they’d been thrown into.  She started limping across the room, hoping to get to the doorway before Rachel could.  If she could simply get there and throw herself into Rachel’s leg, it was possible that the girl may stop and notice her.  It was a very risky decision, but the only thing she could think of.

As she limped forward, she made it to the halfway point, filling her mind with all sorts of images.  Would she be able to not only get Rachel’s attention, but also get her to steal the device and restore her size before Samantha had a chance to wake up and see what had happened?  Odds are that were Samantha to wake up and see them together, that she’d simply use the device on both of them, were she given the chance.  That wouldn’t work at all.  No, she had to get to Rachel quickly and not give that crazed psycho the chance to do so.

Stopping to take a break, Eve sat down on the ground, holding her hand over her chest.  She looked down at her bruised body and blurred out her vision, staring and thinking about everything that had happened to her.  She’d only come to help her daughter’s friend, but how had all of this happened?  She was now doll-sized, less than that even.  She’d been beaten, tortured, and raped by this roommate of Rachel’s, and now she was wandering a gigantic house in the hopes of getting Rachel’s attention and getting out of this mess.

As she thought about all of this, however, her mind was cut short.  The quakes were getting louder, and she soon saw the door flying open.  Looking up, Eve’s jaw dropped as she saw her daughter, towering over her and the rest of the room, with a concerned look on her face.  She smiled and immediately got up, dashing for Rachel’s legs.  She didn’t care that there was still a good bit of distance between them, the mere sight of her daughter was wonderful to her.  She tried to call out to her, but her fatigue still ran heavy, so she simply ran.

--------------------------

Rachel had finally made it to the bedroom’s door, slowly opening it and standing in the doorway.  She was expecting Samantha to still be in the bathroom, where she’d been when she left earlier.  She’d actually closed her eyes for a moment as she stood there, a little scared of seeing what might be in this room.  She knew all too well of how bad of shape Samantha was in, and wasn’t sure if she was ready to see her friend, even if she was patched up and feeling better.

Taking a few deep breaths, she finally prepared to open her eyes.  After opening them, they widened with shock.  Her right palm immediately came up, near her mouth, at what she saw in the room.  Although the image wasn’t bad or cruel, it was very surprising.  In front of Rachel stood a  bed.  On this bed, Samantha was lying down, asleep.  The fact that she was sleeping isn’t what concerned Rachel, but the fact that she was naked.

She didn’t dare take another step forward, not wanting to intrude on whatever Samantha had been doing at the time.  She had no idea why the girl was naked in bed, but she took a few more deep breaths as her face got red.  The mere sight of Samantha’s body without any clothes on made Rachel very nervous.  Her hands were quivering a little as she called over towards her friend.  “S-Samantha?!  Are you okay….over there?” 

To this, Rachel received no response…

-----------------

Eve had nearly made it halfway between where she’d started and where Rachel’s enlarged feet were planted by the time she heard an echoing voice coming from above.  She immediately stopped and held her hands over her ears as she felt Rachel’s voice echoing again and again.  She grunted as she fell to her knees, the voice almost seeming like a loudspeaker to her.  Although she’d become used to Samantha’s voice, Rachel had always been known to have a loud-ish tone to her voice.  As the echoing went away, Eve began to process it and then realized what Rachel had said.

Immediately jumping up, she ran towards Rachel again, knowing that her daughter was calling to Samantha, trying to wake her up.  ‘No, Rachel!  No!  Don’t wake her up!  That will ruin everything I’m trying to do here!’ thought Eve as she continued her run towards her daughter’s feet.  She couldn’t let Rachel wake up that psychotic girl and get her into even greater danger.  She had to do something before that could happen.  She was nearly to Rachel’s foot, only about 20 feet (to Eve) between them. 

She started smiling as she panted, chanting “I’m going to make it!  Yes, I’m going to make it!” to herself before her smile dropped when she saw Rachel’s feet moving backwards, back out into the hallway.  She looked up in terror as she saw Rachel grabbing for the door, slowly closing it.  “NO!!!  Rachel!  RACHEL!  It’s me!  MOM!  PLEASE DON’T SHUT THE DOOR!” 

As much as Eve tried, her voice completely dissipated before reaching her daughter.  Slowly, but surely, the door shut in front of Eve, the wind knocking her off her feet.  She shook her head as she picked herself up and ran her body into the door, banging her fists on it.  “NO!  NO!  It’s not fair!  Rachel!  Rachel, please come back!  COME BAC-”

Eve was immediately silenced when she felt something moving behind her.  Every nerve in her body became ice-cold as she felt the quakes of footsteps, much stronger than the ones Rachel had produced.  She tensed up and slowly turned as she heard another quake, and then another, shaking the ground from beneath her.  Slowly looking up, her arms and legs shook as she saw, directly in front of her, Samantha, naked and standing in front of her.  Her eyes glowed with an untamed spark as she stared down at her, face red and a body piercing gaze.  She was breathing heavily as she looked down, tightly clenching the shrinking device in her hand…

Chapter End Notes:

With Rachel gone and an enraged Samantha looked down on her, what horrors await Eve?