- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As Rachel takes her walk, she bumps into three ladies that seem to want to talk with her...

Rachel slowly walked her way back towards her new home after having taken a nice, long walk.  Although she didn’t want to leave the house at all after seeing how badly Samantha had been hurt, she trusted her mother’s words.  Eve had always known what was best for Rachel and, even though she didn’t always agree with her mother’s opinion, she always tried to abide by it.  Taking a walk hadn’t cured her displeasure in what had happened, but it did help get her mind off of it.

While she’d been out on the streets, she hadn’t been alone for the entire trip.  As she’d made her first round through the street, she’d met a few people.  The first of which was a lady named Michelle.  Michelle was a 5’3 women, 24 years old, had short, silver hair, and had seen her walking with her head lowered.  Upon seeing it, she had approached Rachel and asked her if she was alright.

Rachel, of course, told her she was fine, not wanting her to get involved in this problem she was having.  Michelle had tried to dig a little deeper but, when Rachel continued to resist her, acted like she’d given up.  Rachel passed by her house, returning the gesture when Michelle had told her it was nice meeting her. 

As she continued down the street, she came across another woman who’d stopped her and asked her if she was alright.  At first, she thought it was a little strange, but she soon looked up at her, seeing what she looked like and who she was.  This woman was a little bit taller, stretching to a height of 5’7, sporting long, blonde hair.  She introduced herself as Melissa and, like Michelle, had tried to dig a little deeper about what was troubling Rachel.

Rachel resisted this woman as well and, although she kept trying to pry more than Michelle did, let Rachel pass by, giving her a similar ‘It’s nice to meet you’ gesture that Michelle had given her.  Unsure of why both of these women did almost the same thing, Rachel shook her head as she walked, continuing further down the street.

As she reached another house, yet another woman had come out to approach her.  Finding it a little strange, Rachel could almost guess what this woman was going to say, word for word.  Just like the last two, she wanted to know why Rachel seemed upset and asked if she needed a listening ear.  Realizing there was no way out of an introduction, Rachel let her introduce herself.  This woman, the tallest of the bunch, was 5’10 and sported shoulder-length red hair, and introduced herself as Mika. 

Unlike the previous two, Mika was much more aggressive in her inquiry about Rachel’s current condition.  Although Rachel tried to resist her, Mika was very careful in her wording, trying not to be too direct with her.  She started asking Rachel what she liked, if she had any friends around the area, and slowly was able to get Rachel talking.

Rachel, unknowingly, started talking to her about what happened to her friend and began to talk about it being her fault.  Mika patted her on the back as her bubble went down.  As it did so, she sat Rachel down on a bench, which was soon filled by two others.  Rachel looked over and saw none other than Michelle and Melissa themselves.  She let out a sigh as she talked about what happened, and began to ask them what all of this was about.

The trio of girls merely said that they saw her in some sort of distress and felt that they needed to help her open up to them.  They told her how painful it could be to hold your own pain inside all the time, and that it could overwhelm and destroy you if you didn’t at least try to talk about it.  Rachel didn’t like that the trio had worked against her to get her to open up, but as the three surrounded her and gave her a hug after hearing her story, she slowly began to feel more comfortable around them, feeling the compassion that they had.

The four of them spent a few hours together, talking and trying to cheer up poor Rachel.  Although the memories of what had happened hadn’t left Rachel completely, she did let herself go enough to be happy and laugh a little at Mika’s jokes as they sat down in her house for a morning snack.  After the few hours were up, Rachel suddenly realized how long she’d been out and, worried for Samantha, bid the girls a farewell, as she departed down the road, heading back towards her house.

Coming back to the present time, Rachel thought about the people she’d met and what they’d gone through together.  She smiled a little, thinking about how nice and outgoing the trio of girls were and thought it would be nice to get out sometime and introduce Samantha to them.  When she’d mentioned her to them, they seemed to not know who she was talking about, so if she could get Samantha out once she’d healed up, they could all get together and have fun.

As the positive thoughts were flowing through her head, she approached the area where her house stood.  As she approached the house, she thought it was a bit strange at the ‘parking’ area in front of the house.  As she walked by, she noticed that her mother’s car was no longer there.  This made her very confused.  She walked over to where she thought it once was and cocked her head in her own confusion.  As she walked onto the road, she felt something cracking under her shoe.  Looking down, she pulled her foot up, seeing tiny shards of glass on the soles of her shoes.  She looked at them for a moment, and then shook her head.

“That’s lovely.  Looks like someone broke a glass bottle over here or something.”  As she turned, she felt something else crack.  Looking down again, she noticed a small pile of torn metal.  Cocking her head again, it confused her, but the quick thought of Samantha came rushing into her head.  Quickly dismissing the crushed metal and glass that was underneath her feet, she walked towards the front door of the house.

If she was to find out what happened to her mother’s car and see how Samantha was doing, the house would be the first place to start looking…

Chapter End Notes:

As Rachel heads back into the home, what is she going to find?  Will she discover her shrunken mother in the bedroom with Samantha?