- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The two girls continue becoming acquainted as they enter their bedroom, but Rachel wants to be alone as she unpacks...

“Samantha, could you please get off me?” 

Rachel asked as politely as she could after her new roommate had been laying on her for a good 10 minutes, talking about how excited she was to see her and nearly cuddling with her.  Although Rachel enjoyed the attention she was getting, she was a little in shock at the sudden ‘attack’ she had endured.  When she’d hit the ground, her entire body was shivering from the cold floor, and it took her awhile to say anything.  As uncomfortable as it was, the heat from Samantha’s body warmed her up.

Samantha, eyes closed and laying on Rachel at the time, slowly picked herself up and looked down at her.  “Oh!  Of course, I’ll get up.  I was just trying to warm you up.” 

She had a pointed smile on her face as she looked down at Rachel, knowing that she obviously wanted her to get up from the moment they hit the floor and introduced each other.  She had felt her shivering, though, so she took it upon herself to stay down and warm her up.

Rachel smiled a little, realizing that Samantha was only trying to help her out.  Slowly nodding, she let out a short thank you as she picked herself back up.  Her body a little warmer now, the floor wasn’t taking as much of a toll on her feet as they had before.  Looking around, she saw her two bags, still sitting by the front door.  She walked over to them and began to pick them up.

“Hey, Sam, do you know where I can put these and unpack?”  she asked, looking over towards Samantha, with a serious look on her face.  Samantha tilted her head a little and almost had a whine in her voice when she’d replied.  “Aww, you want to unpack already?  I haven’t even shown you the house yet!”

Rachel smiled a little at her statement, but nodded to her.  Although she was excited about arriving at the house and seeing it, she wanted to get all of her stuff unpacked as soon as she could.  She was tired from her trip over here and wished to get settled in as soon as she could.  “Sorry, Sam, but I’m really tired and just want to get unpacked.  You could show me where the bedroom is, at least, right?”

Samantha moved her head back into a straight position and threw a blank smile on her face.  “Sure!  I’ll take you straight to the bedroom. “  Walking very firmly, she wrapped an arm around Rachel’s arm and began walking away from the front door.  The two of them ended up walking through a kitchen, and then turned right into a hallway.  Along the walls of the hall were small lanterns, leading to a room directly at the end. 

As the two of them walked in, Samantha held out here arms towards the room and made a small statement to Rachel.  “Well, here we are!  I hope you like our room.  I reorganized it today, just for you, hun.”

‘Hun?’ Rachel thought to herself.  This new roommate of hers was something else, that’s for certain.  She was very affectionate towards her and was already calling her nicknames.  She’d obviously taken a liking to her already, so in respect, Rachel smiled towards her and told her that she was sure she’d love the room that had been prepared for the two of them.  After a moment, she turned and saw the room.  It was quite the sight.

The room almost seemed to be separated by an invisible barrier.  A mirror of itself on two sides, there was a 5-foot dresser, twin-size bed, computer desk, and a window.  Rachel looked back and forth and the only difference between the two sides was how it was decorated.  The left side of the room was almost bare and empty, while the other side was filled with red and white vases, paintings, and bed sheets.  Smiling, Rachel softly told Samantha that it looked lovely and then walked over to the bare side of the room, setting her bags on the bed.

As she began to pull some clothes out of the bag, Rachel noticed Samantha approaching her.  Not paying any mind to her, she focused her attention on bringing her stuff out and setting on the bed.  She started with a pair of sneakers and several pair of white ankle-high socks.  She began to arrange the clothing in a specific order on the bed, preparing to get them sorted and into the dresser that was directly next to the bed, against the wall.

Before long, Samantha had gotten tired of standing around and asked Rachel if she could help her unpack her stuff.  Looking up at the girl, Rachel took a deep breath and thought about her situation.  She’d just met this girl and, although she seemed nice and was going to be around her a lot, she just didn’t want to be around anyone as she took out all of her personal stuff that was buried in her bags.  She looked up and kindly declined, stating that she’d rather unpack alone.

“O-oh….okay” muttered Samantha, almost stuttering in her voice.  The smile had disappeared from her face and she began to stare at Rachel, blurring her own vision.  She stood there for a moment, trying to think about Rachel’s wishes and then slowly nodded.  “Okay, Rachel.  I understand.  If you need me, I’ll be out in the hall, okay?”  Rachel nodded as Samantha slowly exited the room.

As she walked out of the room, Rachel looked back down at her bag and continued to unpack clothes.  Within about 5 minutes, all of her basic clothing had been unpacked.  Grabbing her socks and panties, she stood and walked over towards the dresser.  Pulling the drawer open, a small cloud of dust flew out, causing Rachel to softly cough.  Once it had gone out of her system, she placed her clothes in the top drawer.  She smiled after she’d sorting them to her desires and closed the drawer, planning to grab some more clothes for the next drawer down.

*BAM*

“Huh?  What was that?” muttered Rachel as she thought she heard a loud banging noise in the distance.  It almost sounded like something had fallen on the other side of the house.  Pausing for a moment, she wondered if Samantha had had an accident or something of the sort.  Deciding it best to check, just to be safe, she began walking towards the doorway, but was shaken as another sound was heard.

*BAM* *BAM*

There were two banging noises, which seemed to be even louder than the last.  She also heard what sounded like a soft grunting noise.  Forgetting all about her clothes, she began running out of the room and through the hall, calling for her new roommate.  “Samantha!?  Was that you?  Are you okay?”

As she ran, she could hear the banging happening again and again and again.  Finally reaching the living room, she stopped as she saw Samantha sitting on the couch, her hands under her legs.  She looked at Rachel and tilted her head a little.  “Hey, Rachel.  You look flustered.  Is something wrong?”

Taking a minute to catch her breath, she made a few comments between her breathing.  “Y-yeah…I’m fine…I heard a loud noise…are you okay?” 

As her statement was sent out, Samantha had a very confused look on her face.  She admitted that she was perfectly fine and that she’d heard no banging sounds while she was in the living room.  She immediately jumped up and rushed over to Rachel, putting her gloved hands over her forehead.  She partially removed the glove and felt her head, and slipped it back on.

Rachel quickly dismissed her hand from her forehead, and assured Samantha that she was fine.  “Anyways…I’m glad you’re okay, Sam.  When I heard the noise, I was a little worried.  Anyways, I’m going back to the bedroom to unpack.  I’ll see you in a bit.”  She quickly turned away and walked back across the house.

Samantha smiled a little as Rachel walked away.  Slowly turning around, she walked to the window outside.  She pointed her arms down, quickly letting her gloves fall to the ground.  She looked out the window.  Her fingers twitched a little as they connected with the glass of the window, and her hand almost fell off in reaction.  She thought about everything that had happened so far and let out a soft smile.  “Rachel…The name is lovely.  She’s the one I’ve been waiting for…”  She slowly let her arms down, revealing a set of bruised knuckles…

Chapter End Notes:

Samantha stares out the window, revealing an injury.  Could this be related to the supposed bangings that Rachel heard?