- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Eve talks back to Samantha and proceeds to make her way out of the house, oblivious of what Samantha has in store for her...

Eve was surprised at Samantha’s sudden change in mood.  She was acting so weak and helpless a moment before.  However, once she’d been told that Eve wasn’t going to let her see Rachel again after the stunt she’d pulled, the girl completely changed.  She comfortably moved herself out of the bed and positioned herself above Eve, trying to intimidate her.  She had an icy stare and directly told her that she wouldn’t be taking Rachel away from her.

“Excuse me?” replied Eve, a little shocked at what had just happened.  “You do not own my daughter, Samantha.  I am her mother.  It is my job to do anything and everything I must to ensure that she stays safe from harm’s way.  Staying here with someone like you will only get her hurt.  I am responsible for stopping that hurting from happening.”

Samantha, not liking anything that Eve was saying, immediately put her hands on Eve’s shoulders, shoving her onto her back.  She walked to the edge of the bed and looked down at her face.  “I love Rachel, and nothing will come between us.  You do not know who she is, or what she wants.  Only I do.  I am the important one here.  You are sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong and I will do anything I must to get you out of her life.”

Eve slowly picked herself and looked at Samantha, who stood directly in front of her, still a little taller in comparison.  A flame began to grow inside Eve as well.  This girl was a menace to her daughter.  She knew what she had to do.  She had to immediately leave this place, find her daughter, and go back home, where they would be safe.  The girl had to be crazy to say the things she said.  Before she could get out a response and move away, Samantha started speaking again.

“But…no.  You will be useful.  You will stay here with me, and you will help me get close to your daughter.  You know things about her that I don’t.  Yes…it’s perfect.  You will live here, as my little secret, and will help me do everything I need to do in order for Rachel to fall in love with me.  You will cower beneath the tall and important one here.”

Eve was getting a little scared at what was being said to her.  Samantha was clearly psychotic.  Although she was getting scared, she kept a straight face, so the girl wouldn’t be able to see the fear that she was feeling.  She started chuckling as she thought about the things that were being said.

“You’re the tall one, huh?  Well, I think there’s something you forgot about, my dear.”

As Eve finished her statement, she stood up off the bed, raising to her full height of 6’2, bringing Samantha up to her chin.  Samantha looked up at her and her head started shaking as her gaze and attitude became worse.  She had not realized how tall Eve truly was.  Now she was the towering one and Samantha was the shorty.  Eve looked down at her and glared into her eyes.  She then called down to Samantha.

“Listen to me, you little bitch.  You are not going near my daughter.  I am going to leave, pick up Rachel, and we will go someplace where you and your psychotic mind will never be able to find her.  If you think I’m going to stay here and help force my own daughter closer to you, then you’re even stupider than you look.  I will never submit to someone like you.”

Eve then shoved Samantha into the night stand next to the bed, showcasing how very far from ‘weak’ she really was.  The girl crashed into it as it fell over, spilling the contents of the drawers onto the floor below.  Eve then began to slowly walk away, towards the hallway.  “Goodbye, Samantha.  Consider yourself lucky that I don’t just kill you right here for making those threats towards me and my daughter.”

Samantha was full of pain as she was thrown into her night stand.  The moment of sitting on the ground, having multiple objects falling out of the drawers and around her made her think about a lot of things.  ‘This woman…she…she’s refusing to help me.  No one refuses to help me.  She will…she will be my slave.  She has to.  I’m the supreme being here, not her.  I deserve to have everything I want….I have the power to reverse this situation.  I have the power to stop her, and I will.”

Samantha looked into her lap as she refocused in reality.  Eve was walking away and, in Samantha’s lap, a small device had fallen from the drawer.  She picked it up and clenched it in her fist.  She smiled down at the device, which was square, had two functions on it, one with the word “Mn” and one with the word “Gr”.  As she stared down at it, she started laughing.  “Yes…now you will obey me.  I will show you how powerless you really are!”

Eve heard everything the girl had said and started walking faster.  She didn’t know what was going on in that psycho’s head, and she didn’t want to know.  All that was on her mind was getting out of the house and finding her daughter as soon as she could.  She started walking faster, through the hallway and into the kitchen.

Samantha quickly got to her feet and, although in pain from her injury, set her mind on Eve.  With the device held out in front of her and her thumb over the “Mn” function, she started running after the woman she’d set her sights on.  Turning the corner in the hall, she tried to aim the device at Eve, and hit the button.  A bright flash of light flew from the device, but at the last second, her hand had shifted when a surge of pain hit her from her wounds.

Eve stopped when she saw a bright flash of light coming from behind her.  She turned to where the light went and screamed when she saw the kitchen table next to her.  Her eyes grew wide as she saw the table.  It was doing something, but what she saw could not be possible.  It was…shrinking!  Her hands began to tremble as she saw the table descending down until the entire thing was no more than a few inches tall.

She turned her head, hands still shaking, to see a smiling and laughing Samantha next to her.  Eve was too afraid to move at the moment, not believing what she’d just seen.  “You…the table…but…how!?” asked Eve, now seeing the device in Samantha’s hand, which she pointed towards her. 

“Now you know, poor woman, how powerless you are.  No one can refuse me.  You will soon be a tiny insect, groveling before my gigantic and towering body.  You will be my personal slave, and I will be your master.”

Eve’s mind was filled with fear, but nor for her…She was deathly afraid for Rachel.  Were she to get on Samantha’s bad side, she could be shrunk to the size of a toy and kept with this psychotic girl.  If Samantha punctured her own skin when she got upset, she couldn’t fathom what would happen if Rachel were to upset her.  She had to get out of this place immediately and get her daughter to safety.

“A…Ah….AHHH!” screamed Eve as she sprinted off, out of the kitchen and into the living room.  Samantha grinned and walked after her.  She was waiting for the device to recharge, so she couldn’t fire it on her at that moment.  She knew exactly where Eve was going, though, and it would turn out perfect for her. 

Eve was starting to sweat as she ran through the living room.  She tried to stop and turn towards the door, but everything shook when she shifted her foot and she fell over on the ground.  Sliding, she crashed into a table, causing books and coasters to fall on top of her.  She shook her head and tried to get up.  Looking off in the distance, she saw Samantha approaching, slowly, with an evil grin on her face.

“N-NOOO!” screamed Eve as she threw herself up and plastered herself into the wall next to the door.  Her legs were shaking at this point, in great fear of what was coming for both her and her daughter.  She stared at the psychotic girl, her trembling hand grabbing the doorknob and forcing the door open.  As she finally got it open, she stumbled outside and tripped on the stairs.  She tumbled down the stairs, causing a lot of scraped in her legs and arms. 

Throwing herself up again, she ran to her car.  Getting around to the driver’s side, she opened the door and threw herself in.  Slamming the door shut and immediately locking the doors and windows, she fumbled around to find her keys.  Her hands were shaking as they cycled through her pockets.  Before she found her keys, though, she looked outside and could see Samantha slowly walking towards her, as if she knew she could take her time.  This made Eve’s entire body shake.  Finally, she found the keys and thrust them into the ignition. 

The car immediately started up and Eve closed her eyes and lowered her head into her hand, not noticing the bright flash of that that was enveloping the car. 

Bringing her head back up, she prepared to go after her daughter when she felt something through the car.  Her entire body shivered as she felt an abnormally violent shake coming from the ground.  Through her ears came an intense quake-like noise.  As it happened, the windshield cracked.  She gasped as she looked out her window.  Nothing looked the same.  She was on an enormous black field and to the side was a huge concrete wall. 

The quake happened again as an enormous peach-colored object slammed down in front of the car.  Every window of the car immediately shattered as it came down, and a rush of hot wind blew into the car.  Eve covered herself up to protect her face as the shower of glass flew in.  She could feel cuts forming all over her arms and started crying from the pain.  As it ended, she opened her eyes and screamed at what she saw…

Chapter End Notes:

What is this enormous object that has crashed down in front of Eve's car?  What fate awaits her and Rachel?