- Text Size +

Chapter 2 –Friday and Samantha

I went in the house and it was a beautiful modern place that was really well kept.  No wonder she didn’t want a party in here.  I sat down in the living room, found the remote and puts on ESPN SportCenter.  “Fifty inch plasma TV with surround-sound, this should keep me busy with all the games that are on this weekend”, I thought.  

It wasn’t long before Samantha emerged from her room and came downstairs.  I gulped when I saw her.  She was about 5’10” fair skinned with long unbrushed dirty blond hair and striking blue eyes.  She was wearing a t-shirt and pajama bottoms with bare feet.

The first words out of her mouth were “What the fuck?”  as she stopped and stared at me..  “My mother gets some twenty something slacker from her office to stay here.  Are you fucking kidding me.”

“Look young lady”, I told her, “You should watch your mouth.  That isn’t the nicest way to greet someone.”

She continued to stare at me like I was crazy.  “I’m old enough to stay here a few days without a frickin’ sitter much less some guy like you staying here”, she told me as she continues shuffling into the kitchen to get breakfast.

I started to think that this could be a tough few  days but you remember what Amanda told you as she left and you get your resolve to keep the upper hand with this girl.”

She comes back a few minutes later and sets a plate of Pop-tarts and a glass of orange juice down on the coffee table and picks up the TV remote.  She sits down in a big chair with her feet tucked under herself and switches the TV to “Keeping up with the Kardashians” .  “This is a new one.  I haven’t seen it yet”, she told me.

“What the hell”, I responded, “I was watching something before you came in.  That was pretty rude.” trying to maintain that upper hand.

“Don’t get all uppity with me”, she said, “This is my house and it’s not like I asked you to be here.  Anyway there is a 19 inch TV in the guest room you can watch.”

I figured she had a point and I needed to unpack anyway so I got my suitcase and took it to the guest room while she sat there watching TV and munching on her Pop-tart.

I watched TV in the guest room for a while and decided to look around and see what was going on since it was pretty quiet in the house.  I walked around and there was no sign of Samantha anywhere.  I went in the kitchen and saw double doors that led to a patio.  I walked out and saw it led to a pool.  Samantha was lying on a chaise in a bikini working on a tan.  I decided to go over and try to make peace with her.

I walked over.  She had earbuds in and sunglasses on reading a magazine.  I walked over and sat down on a chaise next to her.  She pulled the earbuds out and looked at me over her sunglasses.  “You still here?” she asked. 

“Yeah”, I replied, “I thought we could talk a little and work things out between us.”

She rolled over on her stomach and unhooked her bikini top.  I gulped at the sight of her bare skin.  “Rub some lotion on my back so I don’t burn”, she told me. 

I was a bit surprised but figured it was an innocent enough request and I complied.  As I finished I said, “I know you are old enough to take care of yourself but your mother is my boss and asked me to do this as a personal favor so let’s just make the best of this situation.”

She turned her head to the side and faced me.  “I’ll make you a deal.  You go home right now and leave me alone and when my mom gets back I’ll tell her what a great job you did.  Deal?”

“You know I can’t do that”, I told her.

“Hmmmph”, she replied, “That the best deal you’re going to get, believe me.”  She puts her earbuds back in and turns her head over signaling the conversation was over. “   I sat there a minute before realizes that this approach isn’t going to work and I’ll have to come up with something else.  I retreated back to the house to watch TV and think about the situation.  

After a while she came back in but went upstairs for a shower and to change.  Meanwhile I went to the kitchen to look for something to make in the freezer.  Amanda had told me that her daughter was a vegetarian and made her own meals so at least I didn’t have to worry about that. 

I ate something for dinner and went back to watching TV when Samantha came through to get herself something to eat.  “You still here?” was all she said as she walked through the room.

She came back later and stopped and stared at me.  I looked back at her.  She had changed into a new t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.  “I told you I’d take care of my mom, now be a good boy and leave”, she said.

“And I told you I can’t leave.  I promised your mom I’d take care of things. “, I replied to her. 

“Hmmmph”, she mumbled again, “OK  look, I’m having some friends over for a little party and I need you to be gone at least for tomorrow night.  You can come back on Sunday afternoon ”,  she told me.,

“What!”, I yelled sitting up straight, “Your mom specifically said no friends over and absolutely no party.”

“You can’t tell me what to do”, she yelled back, “Who the fuck do you think you are?  You’re not my father and this is my house so get the hell out of here now.  I want you gone tonight.”

“No”, I said holding my ground this time, “I’m not going anywhere and you are not having a party.  I am your babysitter and you need to go to your room right now.”  I knew that saying the word babysitter and sending her to her room would piss her off but I need to establish myself as the authority like Amanda told me to.”  I could tell from the look on her face that it was effective.

Her face turned red with anger and she stomped her foot and yelled, “I told you to leave and you refused.  Now whatever happens is on you.  It’s your own fault now.”  She stomped off back upstairs to her room. 

I took a deep breath.  I didn’t like doing that but she would have walked all over me otherwise.  I need to establish myself as the authority figure.  Sure she was mad but I’d rather have her mad than her mother angry at me for not keeping my promise to watch her house and daughter.    I didn’t hear a word from Samantha that night as she stayed in her room and ignored me.  Actually I was relieved not to have to confront her again.