- Text Size +

Chapter 2

"I knew you would do it!" Victor was happy. "Come to my place, and we'll go though everything!"

Patricia drove to Victor's house immediately after work, and was seated in his living room, which looked like a crossbreed of a library and a laboratory.

"Right," Victor said, "Here is the plan. First, I build the satellites, containing the Sol collectors. My calculations showed I need three of them to collect all the needed energy. They will be put in orbit relatively close to the sun, about four light minutes from it. They transfer the collected energy in the form of a laser beam to another satellite, which will store it until needed. The satellite collecting the beams, let us call it the Enlarger, is going to be in orbit around Earth. I’ll need about half a year for that."

"Half a year?" Patricia exclaimed. "That long?"

"It takes a while to build everything, and to cover the vast distance in space....the Solcollectors need to bridge half of the distance between Earth and the sun. It takes time....anyway; I need the launching pad of your firm. Is that possible?"

"I suppose so. I still have some influence."

"Good. Now, after the satellites are in orbit, I scan your body. The scan's data then are transferred to the Enlarger, so it knows what kind of mass the energy needs to be transferred into. I need to build the scanner as well, but that can be done while the three Solcollectors are underway towards the sun. Then, after everything is set and done, you can go to Bamburg Energy and, well, do whatever you want. You just have to tell me when you wish to grow, and you will in a few moments. Yes, that fast. But wait, I almost forgot...."

Victor pointed at two small gadgets lying on a table. One looked like an earplug, the other like a grey cherry.

"This," he said, picking up the earplug, "is to communicate with me. Put it in your ear, and we can stay in touch. I will scan your body after you wear it, so it will grow with you. You just have to talk, I can hear you, and if I reply- I have the receiver here-, you can hear me too. This communicator, as I call it, works like a hands-free phone, more or less."

"OK, and what's that?" Patricia asked, pointing at the cherry-like object.

"Ah, now that is to keep you safe from nukes."

"NUKES?"

"Yes. Let me explain. A giantess killing and destroying everything is considered a treat...."

"No, really?", Patricia replied ironically.

"Yes. Hard to imagine, but true. You might be attacked by the police or the army. You can fight off those, since your body can be made large and massive enough to withstand bullets or shells. However, no matter how big you'll get, a nuke will always be able to kill you. It produces a temperature of millions of degrees, and..."

"I know that. We do research in the field of nuclear power too."

"OK. Well, if they decide to nuke you, you need to be protected. This device will. It detects Uranium and Plutonium. Every nuke, even the H-Bomb, is equipped with a large amount of either element. Uranium and Plutonium, like every chemical element, emit waves of a specific length. Since these wavelengths are unique to every chemical element, programming a device to detect the wavelengths of Uranium and Plutonium is easy. Now, another satellite I shall build and launch in orbit around Earth will be connected with this device. As soon as a nuke approaches, the satellite, being fed with solar power as well, will shoot a laser beam at it, destroying the nuke. You need to carry it with you, of course."

"I'll hang it around my neck."

"No, it could be damaged. I have to implant it. In your body."

"What?"

"Don't worry. I'll make a small cut in your belly, and put it in. It's easy. And don't worry about a scar either. Growing has a nice side-effect. Your wounds will heal in an instant. Since I scan your body when it is unharmed, the beam will restore it to its former condition if wounded. Flesh wounds will close, bones will mend, even limbs shall grow back....as long as you are alive, and you can be fully healed. So scars are nothing to worry about."

"OK", Patricia said, only understanding half of it. But it sounded good.

"The satellite will detect fast moving Uranium and Plutonium, like in a flying rocket," Victor continued, "so it won't fire if you approach a nuclear plant. And I doubt they'll detonate a nuke if you step over a missile silo, since it would destroy all the other nukes as well. And that's all, I suppose," he concluded.

"Good! When do we start?"

"We can start right now, if you give me the needed money. For the first materials, like computers and stuff, I need at least 50 million Euros. For starters. I need more for the satellites and..."

"THAT MUCH?", Patricia exclaimed. She had far more than that on her bank account, but it still was a lot of money.

"It is expensive," Victor replied, shrugging his shoulders. "But you do not have to do this. I mean, we still could have a nice life together and...."

"No, I do not want that! I told you. You'll get your cash and don't bother me any more with dating. I want revenge, not a date! I'm a businesswoman, and I mean business! You'll get your money!"

Patricia left Victor's house soon afterwards. She would have her revenge. Victor was right. If she wouldn't run her father's firm, no one would.