- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Some character and stage developement before the action starts towards the end.

Episode One: Sam vs Sammy
Act One: The Stage is Set

Tiny:
Name: Samuel, Sam
Age: 22
Height: 5' 7''
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Weight: 150lb

Giant:
Name: Samantha, Sammy
Age: 20
Height: 5' 5''
Hair: Amber, curly
Eyes: Blue
Weight: 120lb

"Ladies and gentlemen, humans and tinies, welcome to the the first ever broadcasting of 'Shrink to Win'" Announced Clair, the show's host "In our premier show, we're going to, for the first time in human history, see how the world is from a new perspective." She continued "A perspective under-appreciated in our modern age where bigger is always better, well, in this show, you'll see how big the small things really are." She wasn't really speaking to anybody infront of her, the "stage" was just two paralel doors across from each other, with a pathway going between them, and a circle in between where the contestants would meet, shake hands, and one of them would shrink. It was a closed audience for obvious reasons, the contestants thought they were already in the virtual reality zone. 

"Ugh, I'm so nervous." Sam thought to himself "I know it's not real, but I mean, I signed a waver, and they said the simulation is extremely realistic, I mean, I can see that already" He looked at his surroundings, although simplistic, it felt real. He was in a dimly lit room with a chair behind him, it wasn't the most spacious area, but it was all just so... realistic. "They also gave me those pills 'just in case,' is everything really going to be alright?" He pondered further, he hated how he didn't know anything here, he didn't even know who his opponent was, and who would be the tiny. "For a virtual reality game show, these guys are awefully discreet about their ways" He thought.

"Mmmm... I wonder what it'll be like with a tiny person." Sammy thought to herself behind a door, the directors had told her that she wouldn't be the person changing size today. Although she was disappointed at first, she really wanted to feel being small and how average people would look when everything's huge. However, she brightened up after she was told she'd be given a recording of the game after the show, complete with a recording of the point of view of the tiny as he tries to compete with her. "Mmm... I wonder how I'LL look to that tiny, I wonder what he'll think when he sees my massive feet stomping around him, will he be scared? I mean, I'm not scary, I don't want to be scary, but..." She wandered off "Maybe I should try to do some 'big' things while I'm in there so I can see it on camera, I'd love to see how big I am compared to him, I'll try to get in his way a little more often then usual, whatever usual is in this game, at least." Her mind was zooming. "Ah well, I guess I'll have to wait." She said as a warm smile Same across her face, she looked down at her flip flops, thinking about how huge her toes would look...

"Alright guys and gals, without further adeu, here are our contestants!" Clair said excitedly, as the parelel doors opened in unison. Out Same a blonde haired man, wearing a blue shirt and beige pants, he seemed to be in his young 20's, and was squinting to adjust to the new light, he looked nervous. On the opposite end was a cheery looking curly haired girl, she was wearing a green sleeveless shirt and shorts, she seemed to have no problem adjusting to her light as she was looking around, then focused on looking at her opponent. She smiled when they made eye contact, both seemed to be ignoring Clair, who was standing in the middle of the two in the center circle.

"May both opponents approach each-other." Clair commanded in a more serious, but still announcer-like tone. The boy and girl did as she asked.

When they Same close enough to look at each-other, then they turned their attention to Clair, who was standing between them, but away enough that the two contenders were infront of each-other, they still gave each-other glances, the girl still smiling, the boy still nervous.

"Hear me out as I give the instructions to both of you, as of right now, neither of you know your role, and even if you did, it would be advantageous for both of you to know what your opponent was planning on doing. The arena will be split into three areas, modeled after a contemporary living room. The Liliputian, otherwise known as the tiny, will be charged with finding three obscure items around average objects. The tiny will not know what type of objects he is looking for other then his scanner, which will begin to beep when an object is near, and will beep the fastest when the tiny has the object in his hands. The tiny must then pack the object in a clearly marked box around the living room, this will be out of reach of the giant, and if the tiny succeeds, it will win the round. The brobdinignag, or the giant, will have to catch and pin the tiny three times in a round before he/she wins the game, to pin a tiny, the giant must stylistically and creatively make the tiny completely immobile, then finally "tag" it by thrusting a body part onto the tiny, such as a finger, toe, chest, or anything else, all the while saying "tag," as long as the tiny is unable to escape the situation and make contact with the giant, and the giant says tag before thrusting the tiny, then the tag is valid." At this point, the sheer excitement Sam noticed on his opponent began to make him extra nervous, what did she know?

"Once the tiny is tagged, the giant will have to let the tiny go and retreat to a pre-determined position, as the tiny has 30 seconds to find a new starting location. Are there any questions?" Clair asked, not expecting an answer, she continued "I will now introduce you both, Sam, meet Sammy, and Sammy, meet Sam" she said pointing to each of them as their name is called.

"If you wish to say anything right now to your opponent, you may do so, then you may shake hands at which point one of you will begin to shrink." Clair finished.

"Good luck, uhh... Sammy" Sam nervously said to the cheery girl infront of him, holding out his hand, he didn't really care who she was, he just wanted to know who's going to shrink.

"Good luck, mmm... little guy." She said in a toying voice. Sam was shocked to hear that last part, but had no time to respond as he felt a soft, but firm, hand grab his. Immediately he felt intense vibrations throughout his body as he began to feel as if he was loosing weight. He looked at Sammy, who was still smiling, as she began to get taller, an excited smile on her face, her hand still gripping tightly to his. It all looked so real, and it felt so real, time seemed to be going as fast as a hare and as slow as a tortoise at the same time, as the girl who was shorter then him originally beSame much taller, as he saw her chin, her chest, looking up, trying to get glimpses, trying to reach her height again. Thoughts rushing through Sam's head, he was so sure this wouldn't happen, but she was so sure that it would, he was so envoloped in this thoughts that he didn't notice that he was at the bottom of the floor, staring into her massive black flip flops. He looked up to see that he didn't even make it to the top, but he could see her massive, wide, looming toes above him.

"Aww, don't be scared little guy, I'll be gentle." Sammy playfully assured the tiny person that she could make out as standing next to her relatively huge feet, her flip flops weren't supposed to be high, but they still seemed to be just a little taller then poor tiny.

"Is little Sam afraid of my big feet?" She said, playfully wiggling her toes.
Sam heard the massive, yet cushioned, sound of toes wiggling and impacting the material that made Sammy's flip-flops. He just couldn't believe it.

"Let the challenge begin, good luck." Clair said, as the lights went off.

Chapter End Notes:

I personally like how this ends.