- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

All feedback is appreciated! Really, do give some feedback.

Prologue


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

To: All Designers

Subject: Low Ratings

It has come to our attention that our "fair" television station has come under scrutiny for not being able to provide quality entertainment. This would be perfectly fine if our stocks weren't plummiting, and our reputation going down the gutter. I want all designers to immediately begin proposing ideas for new game shows, keep it reasonable, and keep it original. We need a saving grace right now.



To: Howard Phillips
CC: Susan Blackwood
Subject: Game Show Idea?

A Proposal for a New Game Show

Title: Shrink to Win

Theme: The show will be presented as a virtual reality simulation of a "Brobdinignag" type scenario, with a tiny person trying to complete objectives in a giant setting. It will be advertised as if it was all just a realistic simulation.

Concept: There will be two contestants, ideally of separate genders, and two different sizes. Using Sim Co.'s latest size manipulation techniques, one contestant will be shrunken to around 1 - 2 inches tall, and the other will remain at default size. The "tiny" will be given objectives to complete throughout the giant arena (modeled after a 'theme' such as a living room or jungle, with strategic areas for the tiny to hide,) and if it succeeds, it will be rewarded with prizes and other incentives. The "giant" must fit victory conditions, which may vary from simply preventing the tiny from completing his objectives, to stylistically "punishing" the tiny a set amount of times. If the giant succeeds, he/she will then receive an equal incentive's worth of prizes, with the addition of having the "curtain raised" that the entire simulation was in fact, real, and be given the tiny as an additional secret prize, under the condition that they remain a secret.

Details:

- Both contestants will not know it is reality until after the game show.

- Both contestants will shake hands before a "match," at which point the tiny will begin to shrink.

- The tiny will be given a series of pills that will allow it to be practically invincible.

- The secret prize will not be broadcasted, any disappearance report will be dealt with.

- The public will not ever know this is reality.

- Ideal viewing times are 8PM for more family friendly encounters, and 11PM - 12AM for more violent episodes.



:::::

Subject: RE: Game Show Idea?
To: Clair Allen
CC: Susan Blackwood

Love the idea, Clair! Seems a little tricky to pull off, lets see what Susan thinks, she's better with the logistics.

- Howard

:::::

Subject: RE: RE: Game Show Idea?

To: Howard Phillips
CC: Clair Allen

I don't know, Howard, we'll have to do some pretty big PR work.

- Susan

:::::

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Game Show Idea?

To: Susan Blackwood
CC: Howard Phillips

Sorry to interrupt, but I talked to Glen, one of my friends who works at the marketing department, he says the unpredictability and uniqueness in this show would certainly boost sales.

- Clair

:::::

Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Game Show Idea?

To: Howard Phillips
CC: Clair Allen

Alright, fine, I'll approve of this, but I'm not gonna be the one to greenlight it. Howard, you can do it, and you can accept all the responsibility with it, so can you, Clair, don't even think about putting me in the credits, okay?

- Susan

 

Chapter End Notes:

Leave a review! Tell me what you think, this is the prologue, read on for all this in action!