- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


To those of you who are wondering if you check the dates, and description of my story, and the story called "Shrinking man" on this site, you will see that, that author is not in anyway affiliated with me, and used my work without my permission. You will now get the real McCoy, and I hope you enjoy this latest chapter.


“Shrinking,” finished Sarah as she continued to stare at her brother in shock.


“Come on Sarah that's impossible, people don't just randomly start shrinking he said staring at his confused sixteen year old sister.

 

“Well obviously Mister I lost 5 inches, it is possible,” said Sarah

 

“I have to go the doctors, “ he said trying his best to keep from panicking.

 

“You can't we have to go to school, it's the first day, besides I'm sure nobody will notice you are that much shorter than last year,” said Sarah trying to get her brother to go to school with her, so that she could make fun of him with her friends.

 

“Sarah school can wait, my heath is more important that school right now,” he said as he walked out of his room, and down the stairs, nearly tripping over the leg hole of his jeans.

 

He ran to the kitchen and called the doctor's office, his heart racing with each ring of the telephone.

 

“Come on pick up!” he said shouting into the phone as it continued to ring for several minutes before the receptionist finally picked up.

 

“Hello Doctor Blake's office how can I help you?” came the voice of an elderly sounding woman on the other end.


“Yes, I'd like to schedule an appointment for today, something is wrong with me, and I don't know what it is,” said James trying to keep the fear in his voice to a minimum as he could hear his sister's footsteps coming down the stairs.

 

“Sir, you are in luck, we just had a cancellation. Can you come in at ten o'clock?” asked the woman.


“Yes, I'll be able to come in,” he said feeling some what relieved, but he could not help, but feel a small twinge of fear that they wouldn't find anything wrong with him.

 

Jame then hung up the phone, as he turned around and found himself staring eye to eye with his little sister, a large smile was curled on her face as if she couldn't get enough of the fact that he was now as tall as she was.

 

How long before I'm staring up at her? he thought staring at her brown eyes, while they stared back at his green ones.

 

“What were you doing bro?” she asked already knowing the answer to her own question.


“You know what I was doing,” he said annoyed as she continued to grin at his expense.

 

“You were....calling the school telling them you are going to be late?” she said pretending to play dumb.

 

“Not hardly Sarah, leave me alone, I'm not in the mood for your shit right now,” said James rubbing his temples as he walked past her.

“Who said anything about me shitting on you? Though if you would like me to, I'd be more than happy to oblige you,” she said giggling.

 

James gave her an annoyed look, and just walked away from her and grabbed his keys off the stand beside the couch. He looked around the living room for a second, the television was to the left of the living room, the stairs were to its left, the couch sat in the middle of the living room, the floor was hardwood and had recently been professionally re-stained. His dad and mom's computer sat on its large steel desk, the drawers were on its right side, the tower to its left, and the monitor sat on top of the wooden table top of the computer desk.

 

He began to wonder if this too would look much bigger if the doctor could not tell him what was wrong with him. His eyes then stopped at his still smirking sister, her hand were on her hips as she stood there waiting for him. He just ignored her and then grabbed his wallet and walked out of the house, as the school bus pulled up beside the house, he walked over to the driver as his sister came out of the house as well, and told him that he had a doctors' appointment and that he would come to school later in the day and take his sister home.

 

The diver nodded as James walked off the bus, as he did he walked by his sister whom he could have sworn that she looked a little taller than he did now. He shook his head as she walked onto the bus, her round smooth ass cheeks jiggled from beneath the short, shorts as she walked into the bus, the door closed behind her, and the bus drove away leaving James home alone. He sighed and walked back into the house and watched “Sports Center” for a little while, till nine o'clock rolled around. He then stood up and walked out to his car. He had stuck to riding on the bus to save some gas, but it looked like he wasn't going to be saving any gas on his first day of school.

 

 

James drove the car to the doctor's office, his mind filled with worry and fear. The fear of the possibility that he really was shrinking, the possibility that he could continue to shrink. These thoughts started making him think about what Sarah would do to him if the shrinking were continue, he shivered at these thoughts.

 

He soon arrived at the doctor's, with a deep breath he walked into the waiting room, and grabbed one of the many out-dated magazines that they had for people to read. Luckily it was a slow day, so he didn't have to wait too long for the nurse to call him into the office, she began the usual routine of checking his blood pressure, weight and height, as she did, she looked at his charts and marked them down, not really noticing that he'd lost over six inches in height, the doctor soon entered the room.

 

He appeared to be a man in his late twenties, but gave off an air that he was much older than what his well aged body was letting on. The man smiled as he walked into the room greeting James with a handshake as he sat down on the plush chair.


“Well James what seems to be the problem?”asked Doctor Blake.

 

“Well doc, I think I'm shrinking, I woke up this morning, and my sister and I were the same height, but when I measured her she was still five foot five inches, and I'm eye level with her,” said James doing his best to keep his calm and trying to look too much like a hypochondriac in front of the doctor. Though he could tell that he failed miserably at it, as the doctor looked at him slightly amused, that is until he checked his charts.

 

“I think it's best if we set you up with some tests to see if maybe the problem can not be isolated, for now it would be best to go about your life as normally as possible, if the shrinking continues then please come back immediately,” said the doctor standing up.

James did so as well, and as he did, he found that he now had to look up at the man that he once stood eye to eye with. The two shook hands, and James walked out of the doctor's office, after the doctor had taken a blood sample from him for testing, he then walked to his car and sat in the front seat, putting his forehead to the steering wheel he breathed heavily as the fear that had welled up inside him threatened to burst out of his chest. He then started the car, and drove to the school to pick up his sister, as the doctor's visit took over an hour to finish and the drive from the office to the school was close to a three hour drive, he soon arrived and parked his car out in front of the school, then waited on his sister to come out, dreading to hear how many of her friends she had confided this latest development too.

Chapter End Notes:

 


I would like to thank everyone that has read this story so far, and liked it. I would also like to note that I do not know who, or why that person used my work in his story, I don't know if he was trolling me, or not and once again I thank those that have read my work and liked it.