- Text Size +

 

Chapter 2 Cornered

 

When Stephanie awoke the next morning she wondered why she was sleeping outside, but soon remembered the previous day’s events.

Then several things just occurred to her.

“How will I eat?”

“Can I survive living outside all my life?”

“What will everyone else think of me now?”

“Is it just more effective to commit suicide?”

Those were only a few of the many things running through her mind at that moment.

Unable to answer any of her own questions, she realized something.

“Yesterday, All I ate was breakfast, but know, it’s been Lunch, Dinner, And now Breakfast again, and I’m no-where near hungry.”

She wondered if it meant anything.

The forest she was in was still enough to conceal her, even when standing up.

She continued to think, until something occurred to her.

“I’m alone…”

She realized that even though she lived alone all her life, without any problems, she needed someone, she was lonely.

Sitting down in her own thoughts, she began to cry, her loneliness engulfing her completely.

After 45 minutes, she started to hear something, but she couldn’t identify what it was. Shrugging it off, she continued to think.

“Even if someone did see me, they wouldn’t be willing to come near me… they’d probably be afraid of me.”

The noise she earlier heard was louder now, she could identify it clearly too, a helicopter.

When she realized this, she stood up to look for it, not really having anything else to do.

After 5 minutes she saw it, but shook in horror when she saw what kind it was.

S.W.A.T. was after something.

“It isn’t me… is it?”

Not knowing, her first instinct was to hide. Regardless of the fact she was at least 19 feet tall and it was impossible for her to hide at her size unless she remained in the forest. She thoughtlessly ran out into the open, when it occurred to her she could’ve already hidden in the forest if she stayed put.

But it was too late.

“What the hell is that?” The Helicopter operator said confused.

The helicopter went for its target, but not after telling H.Q. about this new outcome.

Stephanie thought it was over when the helicopter flew away. So she just returned to the forest thinking they didn’t notice her.

She couldn’t have been more wrong.

30 minutes later, they returned, fully loaded, ready to strike.

When she saw them returning, she knew, that it was all over. There was nothing left she could do, they knew her location, if she tried to escape, they would’ve seen it, if she stayed, they would go in the forest and get her, either way, she would be caught.

Her only other thoughts were, “What happened? Why me?

What caused this mess? Was it something I did? Is there a way for me to become normal again?”

This and many other questions flooded her mind, until they found her.

She made no efforts to escape, she was cornered, and the only thing left for her to do, was wait for it to be all over.

She was shot with several doses of tranquilizer; she waited, as darkness engulfed her vision, and then faded, into unconsciousness.