- Text Size +
Story Notes:

SPOILER WARNING: This contains short recaps of romantic subplot developments in the late 2000s animated series “Spectacular Spider-Man.” 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

The giantess material is from Chapters 4 to 10  

 

Peter Parker was not just a sixteen year old school boy with a childish crush. He had seen something in Betty Brant, which was neither present in Gwen Stacy nor Mary Jane Watson. He had asked Betty to the school formal. She had almost been prepared to go, until Peter’s meddling Aunt May had interfered in Peter’s life behind his back, warning off Betty, having decided for Peter that Betty was too old for him.

 

Peter hadn’t been aware of his Aunt’s meddling. Betty had simply come up to him and told him she could not go to the formal with him, having previously stated that she was 20, and that it seemed “too weird.”

 

Now Spider-Man was swinging across the city. He had not faced any super villains that night, just caught a second storey man attempting a burglary, and enjoyed the city lights.

 

Now he was taking a swing past the Daily Bugle, when he heard a scream from an alley. He swung in and stuck to the top of the wall, high above.

 

“Don’t fight it, sister. Just hand over your wallet, your jewellery, and then we’ll see what else you can do to make us happy,”  said one of two muggers. They were menacing Betty Brant, who was on her way home from a late shift at work. He was furious, and was just about to leap down and shoot webs at them.

 

Then he had another thought. There was still time to take a different approach. Spider-Man swung around the building corner, and down to the street. He changed to Peter Parker, and then ran into the alley, to find the muggers pocketing Betty’s valuables. Peter ran towards them, admonishing himself to use just enough strength to defeat them, without showing his spider agility and super strength.

 

He grabbed the first mugger, and saw a fist swinging towards him. With his spider sense, Peter perceived the movement as occurring in slow motion. He pivoted the man’s body, causing the blow to glance off his body. Then he hit the man hard, sending him flying away from Betty.

 

The second thug struck at him too, but Peter dodged his approach altogether, and then kicked at the man’s hip, knocking him over altogether. He removed the wallet and jewellery from their pockets, and returned it to Betty.

 

“Now beat it, and don’t ever come near her again!” said Peter.

 

They grunted and staggered away.

 

“Peter! If you hadn’t come along, I’d…”

 

She was crying now, and he held her close to him.

 

“It’s over for good. They won’t be back.”

 

“But what were you doing around here at this time?” she asked.

 

“To be honest, I was wondering why someone I care for so much wouldn’t give me a chance. I found myself thinking it through in the most relevant part of town, near the office where I met you.”

 

“I’m sorry, Peter.”

 

“Is it that I’m too young to be attractive to you?”

 

“No. Not at all.”

 

“You were seriously thinking of going to the formal with me, weren’t you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“So whatever discouraged you is something you can tell me.”

 

“I don’t want to cause you any …”

 

She found it difficult to implicate Aunt May.

 

“What could you cause me, but happiness?”

 

“It’s your Aunt. She wasn’t happy with me seeing you.”

 

“Aunt May. It’s one thing for her to put a curfew on my time out in her house. It’s another to warn off the girl I love,” said Peter.

 

He had been obedient and loyal to Aunt May, partly out of natural respect, and partly out of guilt for the callous decision he had once made, which had cost his Uncle Ben his life. This time he wanted to assert himself.

 

“Betty, I love you. I could go out with Gwen. I could go out with Mary Jane. Both are attractive girls, but I wouldn’t be IN LOVE. I’ve only felt that for you. If you still don’t feel the same way enough to give me a chance, I won’t push you. But either way, I am going to speak my mind to Aunt May.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hi there, culture lovers. This is not Stan Lee. All the chapter titles (or at least most) are puns on the titles of episodes of the series. See ya!