- Text Size +

Ashley lay face down on her bed for a good ten or fifteen more minutes before finally waking up. What failed to observe was the pure pandemonium exhibited by the new residents of her home, many of whom now lay crushed between her and her bedsheets. She was completely unaware that space-time had had a little glitch, and she was very near the center of it.

This cosmic glitch had caused almost two million people to vanish from their ordinary lives into thin air. Now, the sudden disappearance of almost two million people would normally create something of a stir, but they had been plucked from different points all throughout history, and their individual disappearances became nothing more than bizarre urban legends within whatever community they had happened to live.

They had all been taken from their own existences and blipped, as it were, into a small unassuming ranch house in Hill Valley, California, on October 25, 1985. The travel through space-time had also reduced them to an almost microscopic size, with each tiny time traveler averaging around one fiftieth of an inch in height (or about half a millimeter). The actual nexus of the resonance cascade was two rooms away from Ashley, where the concentration of tiny victims was at its highest, but she was close enough to have her own room flooded with tens of thousands of tiny people. They simply appeared in her room out of thin air, plopped back into time by the whims of physics. Most of them appeared in midair at different points throughout the room, and they gently floated down to the surface of whatever happened to be directly beneath them.

For about three thousand unfortunate souls, that surfaced happened to be the slumbering form of Ashley Dawson. Many of them landed on her baby blue tank top, or on her mostly bare legs, and a few hundred even landed on her face. Those perched atop her modest breasts had an incredible, albeit fleeting, view of her pretty face as she snored lightly. The reason that their view was fleeting was that within a few seconds of them landing on her, she rubbed her eyes (obliterating about two dozen absolutely bewildered people, including a German bicyclist and an Eskimo) and rolled over onto her stomach.

This was also unfortunate for the 2,400 people who had landed next to Ashley on her queen-size bed. They stared in awe at the mountain of a woman lying next to them, and then they were forced to run in fear as she casually turned over. Of course, there was no way for any of them to escape, owing to their incredibly small size and the uneven surface of Ashley’s sheets, but they ran anyway. They were all crushed at the moment of contact between Ashley’s sheets and her tanktop, shorts, and legs. Even her face crushed a few hundred people who had landed on her pillow, and those that weren’t squashed by her cheek were inhaled through her nose, lost forever in the depths of her respiratory system.

There she lay for about a quarter of an hour until her eyes gently fluttered open. She thought to herself for a moment and decided that she felt rested enough, and that there was probably something worth watching on TV. She sat up, swung her legs over the edge of the bed, stood up, stretched lazily, and slowly sauntered through her door and into her living room.

In those fifteen short minutes, the thousands of people who had landed on her bedroom floor were absolutely hysterical. They were stranded on an endless plain of hardwood flooring, in the midst of thousands of other people who couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying, surrounded by looming structures thousands of feet tall that to a regular-sized person would have been nothing more than a chair or a dresser. Then a fearful hush swept through the crowd as something on the horizon began to stir.

What they saw was dumbfounding. Most of them stood awestruck as the enormous figure of a woman slowly arose from what now appeared to be a bed in one corner of the room. She moved with a fluid grace that seemed entirely incompatible with her gargantuan stature as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and let them dangle over the floor. Those on the floor nearest the bed could see the wrinkled sole of her foot, and those people a little farther away could see the baby blue nail polish on her toenails, to match her tanktop and shorts. Then they watched in terror as her feet descended. As her right foot made contact with the floor, hundreds of people were unceremoniously squashed beneath her toes, then the ball of her foot, and then her heel as her foot finally settled into place. Those underneath her left foot knew the fate that awaited them as she slowly lowered that, too, squashing hundreds more.

Those who had been spared between her toes beheld an awesome sight. Looking up, they could see that they were trapped between walls of toes a few hundred feet tall, and the sliver of light that peeked through at the top revealed an incredibly smooth, firm leg stretching into the sky for almost a mile before ending at where her knee was bent. Slowly the rest of her came into view as she began to stand up, and they saw a few thousand feet above her knee where her baby blue cotton shorts ended midthigh. Above that, almost out of sight, was a thin blue tank top pushed out by modest A-cup breasts. From their strained vantage point, they were unfortunately unable to see her stunning face as the climax of this big reveal. She was absolutely beautiful, with a cute nose and surprisingly full lips, framed by wavy blond hair that draped to just below her neck.

The thousands of people scattered around the floor stood stock still as they beheld the marvelous sight. Slowly she stood and raised her arms behind her back to stretch, causing her modest chest to protrude slightly forward through her thin top. At the apex of her stretch, she let loose a small yawn.

The yawn struck the ears of the assembled tinies as a terrifying roar, shattering the stunned silence that had permeated the room. At once all hell broke loose, and the thousands of people scattered as she took her first steps over to her bedroom door. It was like a scene out of an old Godzilla movie. With each casual step she crushed a few hundred people unknowingly beneath her lightly adorned bare feet. Each footstep rumbled like an earthquake through the hardwood floor and knocked many people that were close to her to their knees. As each step from one foot knocked some people to the ground, many of them looked up just in time to see her other foot filling the sky and descending rapidly upon them, making their last sight on earth the bottom of an enormous toe, or foot, or heel.

It took her only five steps to reach the door, but the death toll was already nearing two thousand. She opened the door and stepped gracefully into the living room. The thousands still in her bedroom were left in an incredulous silence, examining the devastation around them like survivors after a hurricane has passed, and a sense of relief began to settle in as they heard each successive footstep becoming quieter as she rumbled off into the distance.