- Text Size +


Be Careful What You Wish For...


Mike was anxious, it had been a week since he had opened up to the girl he had been chatting to for months now about the shrinking pill his company had designed to revolutionise travel, lodgings, housing and pretty much anything else that suffered problems due to over-crowding. It was top secret and still in the testing phases but the human trials had gone well so far with no ill repercussions. He had decided it was too much of an opportunity to miss going for, once the stuff went on sale to the business firms who were interested in it, it would be impossible to get hold of it on the mainstream market, and those pills that did slip through security checks would be damn near impossible to afford on the black market.

This had been his chance and he had taken it, though the second half of his dream had not quite gone to plan as Lauren, the girl he had told about the pill, had though him crazy, too far lost in his fantasy to realise fact from fiction any more. It had been a full week since he had seen her come online or heard from her on the various forums. He had almost given up on the dream and cursed his foolishness for having believed she would just buy into such an unthinkable situation as to really be able to have him shrunk and in her hands, but that's when he heard the familiar ping of his inbox alerting him to the arrival of a new message.

He looked up from his miserable slump in his desk chair, nothing but the glow of his computer monitor illuminating the dark room all about him, he sluggishly raised a hand and laid it down over his mouse, shifting the pointer to the email icon lit up on his task bar, he hesitated for a moment, almost not wanting to bear witness to the disappointment of finding out it was some god damned spam mail from one of those yahoo groups he had joined a while back. With a sigh he clicked the link anyway, opening up his email.

His heart nearly jumped out of his mouth it beat so hard when he saw her name. Lauren, she had finally sent him an email! He scrabbled to sit upright in his chair as his hand slipped on the mouse, fumbling the pointer all over the screen unable to click straight and hitting several other emails around it first before cursing loudly to himself and taking a couple of breath as he backed out of the third link he's hit accidentally, sliding the pointer over her message and taking another deep breath, hoping for the best.

As the email flashed open on the screen he read the opening few words quickly, knowing they may indicate the general point of the entire message, were they positive or negative?

“Mike, I'm sorry I disappeared on you, I over-reacted...”

A good sign, she must still want to talk, perhaps there was a chance?

“Its just that when you started talking about there actually being a way of shrinking yourself down I think that was a little... weird, I mean, if it were true, great, but its just not. I don't want you to go getting your hopes up or deluding yourself into thinking something is possible that you have wanted for so long, its just not healthy... I care about you Mike, I just don’t want to see you getting hurt. I'll be online tomorrow, we can chat more about it then.

Lauren”

Mike read the email with an exasperated sigh

Crap” He thought to himself “she still thinks I’m coming unhinged... maybe I can show her over the web cam, that might convince her.. but it takes a couple of hours for the effect to take full hold of the body”

Just then he heard a 'meow' come form the kitchen, he leapt from his chair, crashing into the keyboard tray loudly, swearing as he did so, holding his thighs as he stumbled to the kitchen

“That bloody cat, I swear one day I’m going to strangle that thing” Fumed Mike as he rounded the corner into his kitchen, seeing the overweight black and white tom cat lapping at one of the clean plates he had set in the wrack to dry off, as he approached the cat turned with a flash of speed to gaze at him fiery eyed as its back arched and it gave a growling hiss, Mike went to grab its scruff to throw it outside, he had no idea where it kept coming from but it was a nasty ball of fur and claws and they certainly had no love for each other. As he moved closer to the cat it spat and flicked its paw out, catching the back of mikes hand, scratching it badly and drawing a few tiny spots of blood along the trails of its claws.

“AHH! You little sod!” Exclaimed mike as he pulled his hand back, the cat settled back down into a squatted position, still giving him a mean glare as they gazed at each other. There was a sudden spark of an idea forming in Mike's mind, with a stupefied grin he smiled to himself,

of course! Two birds with one stone!” He thought to himself as he smiled a sly smile at the cat.

Heading back to his desk to where he had dumped his work back, sifting around in the pocket as he heard the cat knocking things about again in the kitchen. He pulled out a small pot of tablets, inside the brown plastic pot rattled five little pink pills, throwing them up a couple of inches and snatching them back out of the air into his hand he hurried back into the kitchen, stopping his fast walk as he came face to face with the cat once more, trying to almost act casual so as not to alert any suspicion as he side stepped to his fridge, pulling it open and looking about inside, all the time keeping a watchful side glance on the cat, who in turn was watching carefully for anything that might tumble form the fridge for it to eat.

She'll HAVE to believe me when I show her this, and I finally get to teach that cat a lesson in humility...” Mike thought to himself cheerfully and deviously as he stuffed one of the pills into a piece of cheese.

He turned to the cat, offering the cheese with a small wave of his hand and making clicking noises with his tongue against his teeth. The cat paid wary attention but didn't move, so mike threw it into the lounge through the open kitchen door, the cat leapt off the counter to give chase to the cheese as Mike slid round behind it and closed the window that lead to the counter he had found it on. He watched with glee as the fat cat greedily swallowed the cheese down practically whole as he followed it through into the lounge and closed the kitchen door behind him, he figured it would be best to confine the thing to an easily searchable area in case the shrinking took quicker effect on a smaller animal.

Moving back over to his work bag Mike slid his lunch box out, a large plastic tub with a lid on it, he had left some of his lunch today and figured it would make the perfect bait when the time came, and sure enough, as the cat shrank and Mike laid the tub out on the open floor in the middle of the room it came creeping from its hiding place, slipped into the tub and once again began to greedily gulp down the leftover food. He had been right about the shrinking time on a smaller animal however as he sat watching with fascination as the cat shrank smaller and smaller right in front of his eyes, the cat seemingly either unaware or not of a mind to care that the leftovers were soon becoming bigger than himself until with gradual movements right up till the lid hovered next to the tub, Mike slammed it closed, trapping the tomcat inside of its prison.

As Mike watched the cat pace around the tub it slowly but surely dwindled to around ¾ of an inch high, still pacing as it meowed silently from behind the thick plastic, Mike opened the corner of the tub again, letting the air in so as not to suffocate the animal, he took it to the kitchen and filled a discarded bottle top with water, slipping it into the tub careful not to let the cat out or spill the water, then he pushed the lid down as far as he could without sealing it again and placed it onto one of his higher bookshelves. Now it was a waiting game. He was buzzing, high from the adrenaline rushing through him, fuelling the excitement and the anticipation of Lauren's reaction to the pills actually working, being real!

He decided to call it a night, he doubted he could sleep but he had work the next day and it was already late. Shutting his machine down he checked in again on his new-found project and grinned to himself, soon, all being well, he would be in her hands, living a dream, everything he had always wished for...

Flicking off the lights he retired to his bedroom, trying to contain his excitement for tomorrow evening.

The next day dragged and dragged, Mike had checked on the cat in the tub before leaving and it was still there making a pig of itself on his leftover lunch, it seemed almost oblivious to its new found predicament so long as it had food and water. He was unable to pay attention at work, nearly making several mistakes and needing to start over on it. He figured the cat probably had less time to be shrunk than humans due to its body mass and how quickly the pill shrank it down, he hoped it wouldn't re-grow before Lauren had a chance to see it on the web cam.

If humans stay shrunk for 48 hours a dose, between 12 and 15 hours should be the limit for that cat...” He thought to himself trying to work out the maths of the proportionate ratios.

He looked at the time, then his watch, then back at the clock, anxious that the day should be moving quicker than it was, but every time he checked either the wall clock or his watch it was only ever 5 minutes further through the day then when he last checked. When finally it came round to getting out of work Mike took off like a rocket, almost running through the corridors down to his car in the parking lot. After fumbling with his keys for a second or two he finally opened the door, leapt into the drivers seat, slammed the door shut behind him and pulled away with a slight screech of rubber from his tyres.

As he got home from work Mike switched the pc on, taking the tub still containing the cat down from the shelf and setting it down in front of the monitor, as the machine whirred into life he watched as it loaded up and started his chat program, signing in he scrolled through the list of names on there, not caring for anyone but the one name he prayed silently to be lit up, and there she was, Lauren, his heart skipped a beat and he felt his brow start to sweat nervously as he opened a chat window.

“minimike: hey... feel like chatting?”

“50ftLauren: yeah, hey sorry for going off on you like that, I hope you can understand though...”

“minimike: Oh yeah, sure I understand I mean, I know it sounded pretty crazy huh?”

“50ftLauren: yeah lol, so how you been?”

“minimike: Fine, Fine” - Mike lied, nearly kicking himself in frustration - “Hey, wanna see something on cam for a moment? I got it yesterday, i've been dying to show it to you!”

“50ftLauren: ummm... ok” Answered Lauren carefully “If he has his cock out, he's getting blocked” she thought to herself, clicking the web cam invitation button.

The cameras started up and the microphones began picking up sound as she looked on almost not wanting to face the screen just in case as she peered through slanted eyes, but to her confusion, Make wasn't there. His seat sat empty for a moment until suddenly a shadow came over the camera and it twisted to the side, then down to point at some kind of plastic tub.

“This is what I wanted to show you, please believe me, as strange as this might sound, this isn't a camera trick!” Mike insisted as he slowly pulled the lid from the tub, revealing inside a lump of chicken sandwich and a bottle cap.

“Umm, what am I looking at?” Asked Lauren, hugely confused.

Then as the camera focused a little and mike lifted the sandwich out, flicking it a couple of times before removing it from the frame completely, a small black object landed on the base of the tub, before pulling itself back up and prowling about in circles, a short tail flicking about from its back end and a head looking up to where the food had disappeared to.

“What the hell is... Mike, what have you got in that tub... is that...” She couldn't bring herself to believe it, let alone say what she thought she was seeing.

“That cat I always complain about, yes” Mike finished for her.

He reached down into the tub. “And just to prove this isn't some stupid stunt or camera trick, here, take a better look” He pulled the cat up, pinching its scruff between thumb and forefinger as he held it in front of the camera, then picked the camera up and turned it this way and that to show her as many angles of the lazy fat animal hung in his fingers, tail twitching and occasionally kicking out its legs at Mikes fingers.

Lauren sat motionless, gazing at the screen, her jaw slack with awe as she watching the events unfold before her, there was something confusing about this, scary in fact, but also something so very very arousing... What if this was real, imagine the men she could have at her feet! The women too for that matter! All of her logic told her to deny it, all of her imagination was ablaze with the possibilities, every inch of her desires needed this to be real as she felt a very real warmth erupt within her loins.

“Mike, tell me right now, are you lying to me, or do you seriously have those pills of yours because I swear to god Mike if this is all one big..”

“...Its not” Mike cut her off “I swear, they are real” He said, holding up the small amount of pink pills in the little brown plastic bottle, rattling them.

“I have enough for us to play for at least two weeks continuously, 48 hours a tablet, 9 tablets...”

Mike sat back down at his desk, dropping the cat into the tub next to him.

“So, want to meet up?” He asked as if he was ready to get down on one knee for Lauren, he was nervous, sweating with the fear of rejection, Lauren herself was shivering unsure of how to react.

“S... Sure... O..ok Mike... we can meet, say in my town, two days from now, at 11 am outside the cinema complex, I'm trusting you though, so don't let this whole thing be a game to you!” She said, still worried she was going to get hurt over this.

“No! No! I swear, everything is going to be great! We're going to have the best two weeks anyone could ever have!” Mike said enthusiastically, barely able to sit properly in his chair through excited jittering, till suddenly there was a series of howling and hissing and what sounded like a series of pops and creaks till finally there was a fat tom cat sitting in Mikes lunch box, hissing at him with its fur on end

“Ah, Shit.” Exclaimed mike as the cat whipped a set of claws towards him, catching him in the arm as he went to grab it as it scrambled across his desk, tipping his camera over and heading out the kitchen window, knocking a few plates over as it went.

“God Damned cat...” Mike said aloud, exasperated.