- Text Size +

 

1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Author note: this is an old story written in 2001. With Christmas a few weeks away I decided to post it now.

 A Wishbone Christmas 

 

Chapter 1

December 24, 2001

 

Paul and Ann Snow were driving to Bangor, Maine when the blizzard hit. Soon they barely see where they were going.

"This is just great. I told you not to wait until Christmas Eve to book a flight to California. But you listen? No." Ann complained.

"Don't start with me Ann. You know I had to work until last evening. With the weather the way it is, I can't see how any flight can take off from Bangor. The white outs are getting so bad I think we better get off the road." Paul replied.

"Hey look there's a restaurant by the side of the road. Let's go there."

The Snows then pulled in front of the restaurant.

"You know I swear this restaurant wasn't here when I drove by a few weeks ago." Paul commented as they walked inside.

Once inside they saw that they were the only customers. All they could see was a few staff members. One of the waitresses caught Ann's eye.

"Paul did you see how tall that waitress is. She must be over seven feet tall."

But Paul was too busy reading the sign on the wall to reply to his wife.

Warning

Only one wish per person

Once you make a wish you can't take it back

"Ann, I think were in the legendary Wishbone restaurant." Paul said.

Brenda then walked toward the Snow's. Paul at 6' wasn't a small man but he felt like a dwarf standing in front of Brenda's 8' frame.

"Can I help you folks with anything?" Brenda asked.

"Is this really the wishbone restaurant?" Paul asked.

"Yes it is." Brenda replied.

"The same restaurant this is responsible for Cora?" Ann asked.

"Who is Cora?" Brenda asked.

"She's the local GTS-goddess. And yes she did become a GTS-Goddess due to a wish made at Wishbone." Stanley Charm replied.

"So you admit that you're responsible for Cora?"

"She was the one who wished to become a 500-foot goddess. I had nothing to do with it." Stanley replied.

"Paul maybe they can help us."

"It's too risky Ann." Paul replied.

"Help you with what?" Stanley asked.

"We’re trying to get a flight to California for Christmas." Paul explained.

"Aren't you cutting it a bit close?" Brenda commented.

"That's what I told him." Ann replied.

"I have an idea. We can take you to California."

"How? Via wish?" Paul asked.

"Actually I was thinking of flying there. This restaurant can handle any blizzard." Stanley replied.

"The restaurant can fly?" Ann asked the disbelief showing in her voice.

"Of course. How to you think we get from world to world."

"What about our car? We can't leave it by the side of the road." Paul asked.

"No problem I'll ask Andy to shrink it down to a portable size then bring it inside."

"You have a Sizechanger?" Paul asked.

"I just hired him last week." Stanley replied.

"I don't like the idea of our car being shrunk. But unless you have a garage, I don't see much choice."

All right I'll get Andy for you. By the way what part of California are you heading to?"

"Earthquake Valley." Ann replied.

"Isn’t that Cora's home town?" Stanley asked.

"It's also my hometown. You see Todd is my father." Ann replied.

"Who is Todd?" Brenda asked.

"Todd was Cora's girlfriend when she became a GTS-Goddess." Stanley explained.

"They soon broke up however much to Cora's regret." Ann added.

"Todd wished that Cora would always love him." Stanley explained.

"Really! I never knew that. But it would help explain why she didn't kill him when he married my mother."

"People we are wasting time. " Paul reminded them.

"Right. Andy please come here."

A Latino man then emerged from the kitchen.

"Yes. Mr. Charm?"

"The Snows are coming on a trip with us. They want to take their car along."

"Understood. Take me to you car Mr. Snow."

Within 30 minutes they were on their way to California.

Paul and Ann were sitting by the Wishbone Christmas tree. Paul was trying to figure out how Andy could shrink their car to the size of shoebox.

"How do you do it Andy?" Paul asked.

"It is just a matter of shrinking the molecules." Andy replied.

"But how do you shrink or enlarge molecules?" Paul asked.

"It's a Sizechanger secret." Andy replied.

"I hate to interrupt. But I just read in GTS Today. That a Christmas truce has been arranged between the GTS-Goddesses and the mini goddesses."

"Does that mean the GTS/SW war is over?" Ann asked.

"No. Only the goddesses are taking a Christmas break. It also means that there's a strong chance Cora will be home for the holidays." Stanley replied.

The Snow's were silent for a moment. Then Paul said.

 

"We don't care. We are going home for Christmas anyway."

 

"What my husband means. Is that were not going to let Cora change our plans." Ann added.

 

Meanwhile an enormous ship landed on the outskirts of Earthquake Valley. A 500-foot blond GTS-Goddess dressed in brown emerged from the ship. Waiting for her was a 50-foot giantess of African American descent.

 

"Welcome home Cora." The giantess said.

 

"Nice to be back Clara. Is there any new of importance?"

 

"There have several attempts by SW to take over this world. They have all failed. Although I regret to report that the giantess representing Asia was shrunk and killed in the last attack." Clara replied.

 

"I really hate those *** Shrunken women and their shrink ray guns. Jia Li was a good giantess. She was a credit to the Chinese people."

 

"There are also reports that the Wishbone restaurant has been detected on this world."

 

"Really? I would love to tell Stanley I think or two about those darn mini goddesses. Thanks for the report Clara."

 

"Cora, If I may be so bold? Can I please have Christmas off?"

 

"I guess so. But if the SW attack during Christmas I will have your head."

 

"Understood. Thanks Cora."

 

Back at the Wishbone restaurant Ann was asking the Wishbone staff if they ever go home to see Family at Christmas.

 

"Depends what you mean by family. We consider ourselves family her at Wishbone. "Stanley replied.

 

"I meant you parents, brothers, sisters etc."

 

"My parents died in the 19th century. So did my brothers and sisters. Although I think some of their descendents are still around." Stanley replied.

 

"Sizechangers don't celebrate Human holidays." Andy replied.

 

"I haven't seen my family in years." Brenda replied.

 

Most of the rest of the staff said the same thing.

 

It was mid afternoon when they arrived in Earthquake Valley. As they flew over the town, Cora towering figure could be seen. She was taller than any building in town.

 

Stanley landed the restaurant on the outskirts on town, a landing that was noticed by Cora. She quickly headed to the restaurant.

 

"Here comes Cora. Do we dare go to you folks place?" Paul asked.

 

"Cora wouldn't dare hurt me." Ann replied.

 

"Don't push me Ann. The only reason why I didn't crush your mother at the wedding was because I would have crushed Todd as well."

 

"Not to mention your reputation as a gentle goddess." Ann shot back.

 

"Come on honey. There's no point provoking Cora."

 

"I'm already provoked. Where's that Stanley Charm?" Cora asked.

 

Stanley was hoping to avoid meeting Cora. But seeing he didn't have a choice. He stepped out of the restaurant.

 

"Hello Cora. How's my favourite GTS-Goddess?" Stanley asked.

 

"Don't try to butter me up. I'm mad at you for creating those mini goddesses. How could you let Andrea and Paula become Mini goddesses?"

 

"Well Andrea wanted to become a GTS-Goddess not a mini goddess but Mr. G decided to make her a Mini goddess. As for Paula, I'm not responsible for the wish people make at Wishbone.

 

"Yeah right. But seriously it's not fair. Who would have dreamt those shrunken women would know how to fight. And those mini goddesses from hell are prolonging the war. I hope they have a rotten Christmas."

 

"That's not very nice thing to say."

 

"It’s how I feel. Tell me Stanley Charm. Is Andrea having a bad Christmas? She became a mini goddess because of a Wish made at wishbone. You should know."

 

"Um. She's having a hard time because it’s the first Christmas since she shrunk. How about you Cora?"

 

"Probably see my parents. Hang around town. See Todd." Cora replied.

 

"The same old thing you do every Christmas in other words." Ann interrupted.

 

"Don't you have a home to go to?" Cora asked.

 

"We are just waiting for Andy to enlarge our car." Paul replied.

 

"You have a Sizechanger now?" Cora asked.

 

"I just hired him last week." Stanley replied.

 

"Lucky you. Every time I hire a Sizechanger they take me to the cleaners." Cora commented.

 

"I’m just trying to make a living." Andy replied.

 

"Anyway I got more important things to do than to talk to you. So long Stanley."

 

"We got to be going to. Thanks for the ride to California."

 

"You’re Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Snow." Stanley replied.

 

The Golden's were sitting in front of the television when the ground started to shake.

 

"Think it's her?" Mr. Golden asked.

 

Mrs. Golden looked out the window and said.

 

"It's her."

 

"Hello anyone home?" Cora asked.

 

The Golden's decided to meet Cora outside.

 

"There you are. I was starting to wonder if you were home."

 

"We're getting old. We can't move as fast as we used to." Mr. Golden replied.

 

"Are Linus and Linda home as well?" Cora asked.

 

"Nope. All they send is emails. They feel it’s no longer necessary to visit someone in the flesh." Ms. Golden commented.

 

Cora then spent the next hour talking to her parents.

  

To be continued

 

Author note: The war referred to in this chapter is the GTS/SW war of 2001-2009.