- Text Size +

I was here.

But, not anymore, not this second. For the moment, I was with my girlfriend, Angela. I was enjoying life’s opportunity that bestowed on me. But now, that just changed in the most random moment.

I once stood at the height of 5”10’, now I’m reduce to a mere centimeter. I was barely even half the size of an ant! What’s worst is that my girlfriend, who once stood at a normal 5”5’ is now the size of a goddess, and what’s even worst then that was that I was standing next to her, or more like the gigantic left sole of her low top Nike white and pink Air Forces. I drenched in fear of her appearance, though at the same time, I was also relieved for the fact that she may be the only one who can save me, as well as being a bit turned on that I was completely voyeur to her through my new existence.

It was like this, five minutes ago I’m with her in her room, kissing and making out, the next thing I shrank and now stared between the pillars of her carpet fiber. With less than a split second after discovering my new world, she was on the phone talking in a complete maximum tone that made it nearly impossible for me to understand what she is saying. She then began to move her left foot as it then cast a huge shadow over me. I knew what was happening just at this instant. She was going to step on me!

Her foot just stopped, though it felt like an earthquake that didn’t end and I was right below the cause. Lucky for me, the carpet fibers did in fact protected me from her fatal dirty pink sole. But now it was completely dark, right under my girlfriend’s shoe sole. But at least I couldn’t hear her loud speaking voice, though it was still barely audible to understand. I realize now I have to get to her as fast as possible, before she leaves the room. I couldn’t tell if she actually still believes I’m still here or if her memory was wiped as well. But I knew just getting to her was important enough.

I was basically just trying to get through the fibers of Angela’s carpet and her shoe, the one thing that made this attempt easy was the fact I could see the light out of the end of her sole. Within a few seconds after, I was finally off my girlfriend’s sole. Now the question was ‘how the hell am I suppose to get to her now?’ I knew what I was going to do, was plain stupid, but I began to punch Angela’s side sole. I knew for the fact I kept bruising my hands to the point that I accidentally stained my own girlfriend’s shoe, with my own blood there. The true irony was that I bought her those shoes for her birthday a few months back.

I just stared at the marvel left shoe where Angela’s beautiful size 8 foot laid within. I wasn’t worthy to be her boyfriend, not at this size at least. She nearly stepped on me and hardly even notice, what’s worst is that she wouldn’t even know for the fact that she would have killed someone who loved her more than life. It was time to alert her, I said. One thing that was pure luck, was that I notice the shoe string of Angela’s shoe was loose and laid there in the carpet fibers. It didn’t really take long to get there, but damn the tip of the shoestring was widely massive as me. I began to climb it. I made it nearly half-way through until I notice a rain of heavy strings began to fall along with a heavy dark shadow. I looked up, and saw what could be considered as man’s glimpse to what god would look like. Angela was now staring at her left shoe, could she see me now?

The answer to that was now; of course my hopes were up a bit as I saw her massive tree like fingers began to descend upon me. But they didn’t they were just tying the laces of her shoe. Her fingers were like the touch of a goddess as her first index finger pushed me off as I began to fall forever down past the sole of my love’s shoe. I crashed on top of one of the carpet fibers. I was in pain. But I couldn’t give up hope, not yet. But soon I was about to as I turned around and saw Angela’s shoe sole about to crush me into oblivion. My life flashed before my eyes, instantly I remembered to how Angela looked. Long brown hair, big brown eyes, perfect pearl white teeth, glossy pink lips; She was of Chinese descent. She had a skinny frame also to which my arms would have easily curled around her. But now, here I was trapped and stuck beneath her dirty shoe sole. The shoes I gave her for her birthday six months ago.

Afterwards, I felt I was being lifted off, as I was. I was stuck on her shoe by a stick of gum. Now she was heading off to places unknown to my view. But eventually I would either fall off or get crushed to death. I heard Angela call my name. She kept calling out constantly, and constantly.

“WOAH, What, what happened?”

“You fell asleep, baby. You must have had some dream, to have fallen asleep so deep.” She said.

“I was, well… shrunk and I was stuck to your shoe.”

Angela laughed.

“What?!”

“Yeah, I was the size of an ant and you nearly killed me by crushing me to death.”

“You really haven’t had any sleep since the mid-terms, haven’t you sweetie? Don’t worry I’ll take care of you. Let me get you some water.”

Angela got up and walked out of her room. I notice that she was barefoot, and her shoes were right over on the side of the door. I got up and inspected the sole and saw a piece of gum and then thought. That’s silly, what am I doing. I placed her shoe down and rested up as I lay down her bed. Angela soon returned and asked me about this dream of mine. I told.