- Text Size +

1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 The throne 

 

“Thank you for taking me in Ellen.”

“Not a problem Paula. Glad to meet someone else who considers homosexuality a sin. It would be nice if you were a little taller so I wouldn’t have to look down to you.” It was true Ellen was 2500 feet tall over twice as tall as Paula.

“Hey! It’s not my fault that I’m only 1,000 feet tall. Unlike a certain lesbian I know, I can’t grow at will.”

“Take it easy. I didn’t mean to insult you.”

 

Paula then saw a huge throne behind Ellen. It looked big enough to comfortably seat Ellen.

“Nice throne. Did you make it yourself or did you have it made after you became a GTS-Goddess?”

“This throne was here long before I became a GTS-Goddess. It is because of the throne that I am a GTS-Goddess today.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Got time for a story?”

“Why not?”

 

It was back in the year 1925 that I had my encounter with the throne. Back then I was a short 5 foot nothing woman. It was a summer day when my then boyfriend, Charles decided to take me to the throne.

“Are you familiar with the legend?”

He asked me when we were at the base of the throne.

“I have heard that the throne had been waiting centuries for the right woman to come along. This woman after sitting on the thrown will become a GTS-Goddess (whatever that is) and rule the world.”

“Silly story isn’t it. Yet I thing it would be interesting to walk on the seat of the throne.”

“How do you propose to get up there? I can’t mountain climb.”

“Last week I found a flight of stairs leading up to the seat of the throne. I’ll show you.”

 

There was a flight of stairs on the side of the throne that was built for human beings. They even had a hand rail which was a good thing for there were many, many steps. I needed to stop now and then to catch my breath. After what seamed like hours we reached the top of the stairs.

 

“What a view.” Charles cried. Being hundreds of feet up, one could see for miles. We walked along the edge of the seat until we came to a spot marked in red. It was located in the middle of the edge.

“Wonder why this spot painted red?”Charles asked.

 “Maybe that’s where the woman who is rule is supposed to sit.” I replied.

“Why don’t you take a seat?”

“Do you think it’s safe? If I fall it’s a long way down.”

“Don’t worry I’ll catch you.”

I doubted he would be able to catch me but I sat down anyway on the red spot. Within seconds a glow came over me, I tried to get up but I couldn’t move. Only my head and neck obeyed me.

“Charles I can’t move.” I cried. Then I got a shock, I was looking him in the eye. But he was a foot taller than me. Then I was taller than him. He looked terrified, he then ran for the stairs. In hindsight it was a smart move on his part for I would have crushed him had he said where he was.

I was getting bigger and bigger. Fortunately my clothes kept but with my growth. I finished growing when my feet touched the ground. Then the paralysis left me. I got up and stretched. Then I felt something on my head. I picked it off my head and took a look at it. It was a crown, built for a head my size. Then I head a small voice say.

“Good lord Ellen. What has happened to you?”

I looked down and by my feet was my boyfriend. He looked like a bug he was so small.

“It appears I am now a goddess.” I put the crown back on my head and sat on the throne.

“You don’t seriously plan on trying to rule the world do you?” Charles asked me.

 “Why not? It is clear that the throne has chosen me. “

“You’re a blond. You’re not smart enough to rule.”

I almost killed him on the spot but I still had a soft spot in my heart for him so I merely yelled

“GET OUT.”

He then ran for his life.

“I would have crushed him. And I’m a brunette.” Paula commented.

“I’m a gentle goddess. I prefer not to kill people if I can help it. That said, I didn’t hesitate to kill a few politicians and soldiers that refused to accept my rule.”

“That’s the most unusual origin story I have ever heard.” Paula commented.

“As far as I know I’m the only one who became divine because of a throne.”

 

The end for now

 

Author note: For people wanting to know more about Paula and why she needed a place to stay are advised to check out “The losers.”