- Text Size +

1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.      

                                                

 Prove it  

 

Elizabeth looked across the table at her date. Allen Smith was tall and handsome.

“So Elizabeth what do you do for a living?”

“Well I’m a sales clerk by day and a witch by night.”

“Say what?”

“Well I’m not really a witch. But I do have the power to cast spells that work.”

“Prove it.”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Prove to me that you can cast spells that work.”

“Al zamm, mia boom, I command you to shrink to the size of a pop can."

 

Almost immediately Allen begins to shrink. Fortunately for him his clothes shrank with him. Within a moment he had gone from a 6’2” man with his feet on the floor to a man no taller than a pop can seated in the center of the seat. 

Elizabeth smiled down at him.

“What do you have to say now?”

“It’s an impressive illusion. You’re the best hypnotist I have ever met.”

“It’s no illusion. You’re just several inches tall now.”

“The laws of physics and science tell me otherwise.”

“It’s magic not science.”

“There’s no such thing as magic. You can’t shrink people by chanting a few words.”

“Why not?”

“For one thing, where did my mass go?”

Elizabeth shrugged.

“Second if you did shrink me, my heat lost should be much greater. I should be cold but I’m not. Third, assuming you shrank every atom in my body, I should have trouble breathing normal sized air atoms, but I don’t.”

“You make it sound that being shrunk to a few inches tall would be fatal.”

“It would be therefore I have not been shrunk.”

“Has it ever occurred to you that science is wrong when it comes to shrinking people?”

“Nope. This illusion is getting boring.”

“IT’S NO ILLUSION.” Elizabeth shouted. Every head in the restaurant turned toward her.

 

“Is there a problem?” A nearby waitress asked.

“Yeah! My date refuses to believe that I shrunk him.”

The waitress then saw the tiny man. Then she screamed and ran away.

“What’s her problem?” Allen asked.

 

Elizabeth then grabbed Allen and chanted a spell. Seconds later they were in Elizabeth’s apartment.

“Hey! Put me down.” Allen demanded.

“Not until you admit that you have been shrunk.”

“Never.”

 

“You’re back already.” Then Isabelle saw the man in her hand.

“Please tell me that’s not your date.”

“Wow! You’re the one I should have, ow.” Allen said before Elizabeth started squeezing him.

“Hitting on my roommate is a big no no.” She told him before releasing the pressure on his body.

“Care to tell me why you shrunk him?”

“I’m not shrunk. I just appear to be small.” Allen told Isabelle.

“Dummy here wanted proof that I could cast spells. But he refuses to believe that he’s only a few inches tall now.”

“Science says it’s impossible and I refuse to renounce my belief in science and reason.”

“Did you shrink his mind as well as his body?”

“I’m starting to wonder.”

 

“So what are you going to do now? You can’t keep him this way.” Isabelle pointed out.

“I’m tempted to keep him small until he admits that magic exists.”

“You’re going to have a long wait.” Allen pointed out.

“Be reasonable. Are you prepared to take care of a tiny man? What about food and clothing?” Isabelle asked.

“Speaking of food, I’m hungry. We never got to eat.”  Allen whined.

“I could put him outside and let him fend for himself.” Elizabeth mused.

Isabelle gasped in horror at the thought.

 “I’m kidding. But he is going to pay the restaurant bill.” Elizabeth then chanted a spell and the next thing Allen knew he was back in the restaurant and back to his normal size. Standing before him was a waiter with a bill in his hand. He then proceeded to give the bill to Allen.

 

The end for now