- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
My first story, and probably one of my best :( I hope everyone enjoys
1. Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. Basically, it’s my story, don’t plagiarize it, and if anyone in it coincidentally happens to be somewhat similar to a friend of a friend of a friend, it is completely a coincidence.


Jim awoke with a start. All he could remember was blacking out, and now, waking up in a strange place. Where could he be? Was he kidnapped? Dead? Worse? Jim sat up, and took a look around. The first thing he noticed is the ground is tough. Not hard, but not squishy. He tried to grab a handful of turf, but found out the ground is solid. All he could manage was to grab a handful of the stretchy terrain. The sky, or roof, (he can’t decide what is above him) is easily above him about two hundred and fifty feet more or less. It also slanted towards the opening, but that distance he could not distinguish. Jim never could judge depth worth a crap. To his left and right, he could see walls that meet at the “sky”, so he determined he’s in a large room of some sort. One wall seems slightly more curved than the other, but they both come together way down the horizon, in near darkness. In the other direction, he can see daylight. The walls also meet here, but with more of another wall rather than into a wrap-around. Jim decided this was “back” or south. Jim always had a good sense of direction. Facing the light, the wall on his left is the more curved one. It is probably 100 feet away, and the other is maybe another hundred. So, Jim figures he’s in the center of the world’s biggest aircraft hanger. “The fucking government must have kidnapped me,” Jim passively thinks. But the strangest thing is the color. The ground, walls, and roof are a dingy pink. Not truly dirty or faded, but like, almost dusty. It may have been from the lack of light where he stood. The opening in the roof is probably fifty paces away.
Jim snapped back to reality, and heard something. He could hear voices; many, many voices. Looking around, he saw a large crowd; as in, hundreds and hundreds of people of every race and sex. They all were talking among themselves, some casually, some with a more frantic tone. This comforted Jim a little, so he decided to approach the closest people. The nearest group within the crowd was a few guys, chit-chatting. Jim made some small talk. He learned that no one else knew where they were. They suffered the same circumstance as Jim, awakening in this strange building. The group was standing just inside the area of light. Looking up, the sky was white like the cloud cover of winter. This seemed strange, since the air temperature seemed about average room temperature, maybe a bit warmer.
A commotion at the “back” wall grabbed the group’s attention. While they were talking, it appeared several dozen men began climbing the 400 foot wall. The texture of the wall must have provided easy grip, as twenty or so men reached the edge of the lip near the top in only a few minutes. They didn’t even wait for the rest of the group. Most of them began almost walking up the rim of the canyon-like hole. More and more people began climbing the wall in hope of freedom from this situation. The crowd, including Jim’s group, began shifting towards the area of light. No one realized more people were appearing behind them. Some, however, felt a slight tremble in the ground.
Tom was in the first few climbers to reach the top. Looking down, he could see easily a thousand or two people hundreds of feet below. The crowd was obviously growing in number. Across from his current position, he could see the roof curl up in an interesting formation. He couldn’t tell what was holding this structure up apart from its own size. Others were reaching Tom’s position, when he turned around and looked out. He saw emptiness for miles and miles. The ground was further down than the bottom of their building by seventy feet or so. The building itself was an off-white with some pink symbol on the wall. From above, he could not make this symbol out. The sky was white in every direction, and no clear horizon was distinguishable. Everything merely blurred into white. The ground itself was astonishing in its lack of distinguishing features. Miles in every direction he could see what appeared to be smooth, white terrain. Then it hit him. He was standing on the back of a shoe. A worn, pink and white shoe. Taking a nickel out of his pocket, Tom tossed it down to the ground. It took several seconds before he thought it hit. When it hit, he felt a tremble. “What the hell?” he said aloud. An even louder and more violent tremor shook Tom and the thirty or so men atop the building. Then, on the horizon, something came into view. It had the color of tan flesh.
Down below, the masses all felt the second, more defined shake of the ground. A hush overtook the crowd. Then, a much louder and violent slam knocked some off-guard people down, and disturbed the balance of everyone. The people on the wall grabbed a tight hold and prayed the earthquake would stop. Another, more pronounced earthquake that probably ranked a 6.2 on the Richter scale brought everyone to their knees or the ground. A few unfortunate people were knocked off the side of the wall, but miraculously the ground had enough give that few were hurt. The rumble from this quake was very pronounced and rang through the building, although not as loud as some expected. By now, nearly everyone had crowded into the daylight, just in time to see a shadow overcome part of the opening.
Tom and his companions froze in fear at the sight they beheld. The legs of a female strode into view around an apparent corner. They stretched for miles, where they met a pair of shorts about four inches above the back of her knee. At least a few inches long on the large scale. They were easily 1000 feet long to the perspective of Tom and his peers. She was wearing a light blue shirt that cut off right at her waistline, so at certain points her midriff was exposed. She had dark brown hair that came a few inches below her shoulders. She looked about eighteen, maybe a little older or younger a year in each direction. She was beautiful for a girl of her age. The slap of her bare foot on the ground caused quite a tremble that knocked the group to all-fours, even though the rim of the building was more than wide enough as to prevent them from falling either way. Her next two steps landed her right in front of the building. The shock of her last step sent about twenty five men near the edge tumbling down the outside wall of the building to the ground below. They landed a few dozen yards from the shoe, but the stranded group wasted no time in beginning to run towards the building Surprisingly, no one was hurt. At their size, they obviously lacked the mass to suffer injury from a fall. Besides, the fall was actually only a few inches. Looking up, the fall survivors could barely see past her knees. They were way too close for comfort. A few men saw her bend down to pick up the shoe. They screamed as it appeared a mountain was falling on them. These few also saw the group atop the shoe get obliterated by her hand or fall off the shoe. As the girl stood back up, they all heard her foot slide forward across the floor. The vibration caused them all to fall flat on their faces. The adrenaline of the moment made them roll over or struggle back to their feet, as a shadow overcame them. Those running stopped to see what those who gave up already knew. Her big toe was directly overhead, about 100 feet above them. They all screamed as it descended at a pace quick enough to alleviate any thought of escape, but leisurely enough to give them time to think about what was happening. Her toes impacted and the group was no more.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mary was tired. She had been doing odd things around the house all morning. Earlier, she came in from outside and slipped her shoes off in the kitchen on the floor. Since her friend was coming over later, Mary wanted to make the house somewhat presentable. So she walked into the kitchen and picked up her shoes between her thumb and first two fingers. She bent over and grabbed them without paying much attention, as she had many other things on her mind besides her old shoes. If she had been paying attention, she would have seen the thousands of specks that scattered inside her shoe or the small patch in front of her toes. As she was coming up, she lost her balance, curled her toes up, and slid her foot forward a mere fraction. After a moment she felt confident she had regained her stability and set her toes back down gently. It was enough though to obliterate the party of twenty five who had been running for their lives seconds earlier.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She reached down. She moved with incredible speed for her size, despite her actually lethargic effort. Her thumb descended into the shoe, and the crest between her forefinger and thumb contacted the top of the shoe, crushing those who hadn’t jumped outward. The shock knocked many people off the wall, and they landed on top of some unlucky individuals gazing upwards. Those who did hold on were instantly smeared by her enormous thumb. The thousands strong crowd was in shear panic, screaming and running towards the other end of the room. The vibrations from her hand grabbing her footwear sent tremors throughout the shoe, hindering the effort of the mass-run. Those who looked over their shoulder could see a gigantic thumbnail painted pale pink on the biggest thumb any human had ever seen. She lifted the shoe, and it tilted forward slightly. Most everyone now was on the ground, pinching holds of the fabric, holding on for dear life.
Mary set down her shoes in the doorway where she preferred all her guests remove their shoes. She was a tad on the neat-freak side. Dirt and mud from footwear was just unacceptable. Her house was spotless, or as close to it as one could desire. The pair of shoes, one of which was now home to several thousand terrorized prisoners, was placed among other sneakers and sandals. Like all girls, Mary had more footwear than she knew what to do with. After setting her sneakers down, Mary retired to her living room to take a nap on the couch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the scariest ride of his natural life, Jim was shaking. People around him were crying, screaming, or just praying. Those with weaker stomachs were still vomiting from the swinging of the shoe in her hand. There was still a general hush over the crowd which had grown to many thousands. They occupied half of the shoe. The lucky ones arrived after the trip. However, quiet it was not. The natural leaders amongst everyone started barking and screaming orders for everyone to run for the heel of the shoe and climb for freedom. They didn’t have to yell much. A mass exodus was already in progress. The general consensus was that in order to be rescued, they needed to grab the attention of the beautiful giantess. Directly behind their present shoe was a wooden sandal. It’s dark brown in color with a heel of maybe two inches. It appeared to be covered in leather. The means of attachment is a strap over the top of the foot near the toes. It isn’t a solid strap, though. A crisscross pattern of smaller, centimeter-wide straps make up the strap as a whole. Everyone agrees that the sandal is a much better platform for contact than the closed shoe. Once there, groups should be assembled to form messages. A column about sixty people wide was already making headway up the shoe. This plan was flawed, though, as it would have been much easier for her to spot the masses of specks on the open floor than on her sandal. Once on top of the shoe, the forerunners began the arduous task of climbing down the outside, which was made of some sort of rubber. Little imperfections made the journey fairly easy. Almost too easy, in fact. The travelers did not know that the jump would not cause them harm.
Half an hour later, Jim and 2500 others were on the laminate floor between the sneaker and the wooden sandal. Still more were pouring out of the shoe, but at a much slower pace. Some elected to stay within the sneaker. Obviously these people hadn’t taken the ride everyone else experienced. Jim still was having trouble comprehending his surroundings: a tennis shoe the size of a medium sized town; a sandal with a two hundred plus foot heel; a girl that fit into these objects. The valley between the two items of footwear had an eerie feel. Both of these objects could easily kill the hundreds around Jim.
The lead explorers were already grabbing foot and handholds of the heel of the giant sandal. Another group had decided the open floor would be the best point of contact, so a group of 800 or so was on its way to the vast area in the middle of the foyer. No accurate figure could possibly be gathered because more and more people appeared in the sneaker up until most everyone had escaped from it. Bill was among the people headed for the open plain of the floor.
Bill personally believed they were all screwed. “No way in hell is she gonna see us,” he thought to himself. But, his conscience told him he had to help. So, he joined the mob headed for the middle of the entranceway. Someone had the forethought to judge the distance from the high vantage point atop the shoe, so the group managed to find about the center of the floor. The walk was well over a half mile, and since crowds aren’t known to make the best time, it took twenty minutes for the lead travelers to reach the target zone, and another thirty for the stragglers. The group had grown to about 950 due to stragglers deciding this was a better idea than the sandal. Organizing a crowd this big would have been difficult in a non life-or-death situation, much less in a dire emergency such as this. Alas, the beginnings of messages such as “SOS” and “HELP” were taking shape. This must have been an incredible site if someone were to have seen this. Hundreds of specs seemingly crawling across the massive floor. As the words of despair were taking form, the people not in place were merely grouped around in loose association near where their letters would be formed. Overall, the “SOS would be about four inches long, and “HELP” would be a tad over six. Progress was moving fairly well, and within an hour the words would be done.
Too bad Mary’s friend Cassie approached the world with her chin high. She arrived about the time the groups had managed an “S”, a wobbly “O”, and “HE”. Cassie was wearing a white tank top and tight jeans that cut off right on the top of her foot and draped down to about a centimeter above the bottom of her heel. She was wearing baby blue flip-flops, fresh from the store. When she reached the door, she gave three loud knocks to the doorframe.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terror rang through everyone’s ears on the floor. Thunder from the worst storm echoed in the foyer. Hundreds of pairs of tiny eyes turned to the door miles away, only to whip around at the godlike echo of “Come in” from somewhere else in the house. A rush of low-grade hurricane-force winds tore through the crowd, knocking the weakest to their knees. There stood Cassie. Well, to the miniature onlookers, she was merely “Gigantic Chick Number TWO.” She took her first steps in, and closed the door behind her, which was another thunderous echo from the heavens. The chaos below ensued. The more cowardly people took off running for their lives, despite the fact they couldn’t make it halfway near almost safe in two minutes. They obviously did not have even that amount of time. However, almost everyone held their ground and scrambled to make legible words. With her first step, Cassie shook the ground on which the microscopic people stood. Her next step (her left foot) landed directly on the “SO” and part of the group trying to make the last “S”. The lucky people near the edges screamed in fear of the 70 foot high foam within feet of them. Looking straight up, they could see the flesh of Cassie’s foot, and above that, the denim of the jeans. Then they saw her enormous right foot flying at incredible speed through the air off in the distance. However, as it was moving into the distance, she raised her left heel as she began her next step. The gale force winds sucked the survivors onto her jeans or worse, onto the surface of the heel of the flip-flop. For an instant, these people were plastered against the foam, in a shadow, looking at the smooth heel and arch of Cassie’s foot. Then in another instant, they were accelerated at intense speed into that very smooth skin, squishing them into unrecognizable goo as the beach footwear smacked Cassie’s foot.
Then Cassie remembered she couldn’t bring her “dirty” shoes into Mary’s house. What a ludicrous thought! These babies are brand new, she thought. Reluctantly, she set her left foot back down even where it was, and she kicked the right shoe off. Those still on the ground were amazed at the massive object hurtling through space. The “HELP” group had managed “HE”, a squiggly L and a blob that may have resembled a “P”. Looking up, they saw Cassie’s bare foot at the end of her outstretched leg, hanging in the sky, flexing from tossing the blue wonder miles into the distance. It was placed perfectly parallel to the length of the word. When the foot took a downward movement as the leg began straightening, the word gasped. In seemingly slow-motion, the massive sole began descending and the groups of letters started to break up. But before any individual made it a centimeter, Cassie set her foot down. The heel impacted the scraggly P, the L was near the middle of the arch. The perfect E was crushed beneath the ball of her foot. The top of the E was smooshed more near the ball of the pinky toe, and some lucky people squeezed into the canyon between her pinky and fourth toe. The bottom of the E was entirely cremated under the ball of her foot at her big toe. The H faired the best. The right side column of the H suffered fifty or so casualties and they were from the front edge of the big and second toes. Some runners were caught by the middle toes as they thumped to the floor. The rest of the H watched in horror the events that had unfolded, only to see their own friends in the H wiped out of existence. They saw her heel impact, then the arch and ball, and then each toe, with its own tremble of a minor earthquake. A God-awful crunching and squishing noise rang out for seemingly hours as Cassie set her foot down. Her toenails were a cute baby blue to match the flip-flops. The bottom of her foot was now a deep red. A similar fate occurred with the survivors of SOS, which had been written perpendicular to Cassie, facing her. After she slipped that flip-flop off, her foot brought a punishing instantaneous death to the majority of the survivors. The blood on her foot easily blended into the sweat from walking in the summer heat, so Cassie innocently drug her feet across the floor, making a squeaky sound, taking out anyone in front of her toes or behind her heels. Satisfied, she walked into the house, leaving a scene of hundreds of dead; few injured, and even fewer survivors. The bloodstain from this mass-murder would have been a great signal for the poor creatures, but the light oak wood coloring of the laminate floor blended the crimson red rather well.
The people climbing the sandal had made significantly better progress before the arrival of Cassie. Since the distance between the back of the shoe and the heel of the wooden sandal was much shorter, half of the crowd of 1200 was on the surface of the sandal, with the other half either climbing or attempting to climb. Those on top first began spreading to the toe section in anticipation of those still waiting to climb. The climb itself was not bad. The sandals were made of dark, smooth leather-covered wood. The leather was almost glass-like to the touch, but handfuls could be grabbed, and fingers gripped rather well. The heel was easily 29 stories high, or maybe 290 feet. Jim wasn’t the first atop, but he was up soon enough to begin the journey downhill to the toe section. The heel of the shoe was about the same all around. The change of elevation from heel to toe was maybe 30 feet, more or less. The sandal must have been old, as a rather defined footprint sunk into the surface, causing the sole to dip towards the middle, almost like a dry lakebed. All the excitement and endless walking exhausted Jim. Hell, he had just walked almost a quarter of a mile on the surface of a shoe. When he reached the strap section, Jim walked to near the edge and took a seat. The pattern of the straps made nice archways that small groups crowded into to get a view of the other group and their process. Jim had been sitting for maybe five minutes when his view turned to one of epic disaster. Cassie entered. With her steps, she wiped out hundreds of people under her blue flip-flops, then her bare feet. Everyone on the sandal was screaming and yelling cheers of hope or encouragement for those out in the open. But the tragic end to the HELP and SOS groups put a serious damper on the spirits of all those who watched.
They were fighting for a lost cause. There would be no way either of this gigantic women would see the tiny specs of colored sugar on the floor. Large numbers of the travelers broke off from the mass and headed their own ways, scattering to the winds, or rather, the floors.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cassie and Mary were best friends. They did everything together. But there was little to do at Mary’s house, so the girls decided to go out. They were both confident in their looks, so primping was of little importance. Leading the way to the door, Mary stepped into the foyer. She didn’t notice the scattering dots smaller than grains of salt beneath her feet. With one step she took out a few dozen individuals, who ironically were all heading in different directions. Deciding that the large wooden sandals would complement her outfit more than most anything else, she slipped her left foot into the unoccupied sandal.
“Ugh,” commented Cassie, “I can’t believe you are wearing those old things.”
“They’re comfortable. And you can see my pretty pink toenails,” Mary replied. With this, she wiggled them playfully.
“You need a serious lesson in summer wear.”
“Fine, let’s go to the mall.”
Proceeding with her previous task, Mary slid her right foot into the clunky sandal, sliding it around to get her foot fully underneath the strap. She felt a slightly wet crunch, almost like powder, except even less noticeable. She lifted her heel and looked under her sole to see red sand, some of it floating to the sole of her sandal. Squatting down, she saw what appeared to be black dots running in all directions from around her sandal, some even on the tip of the sandal. Curious, Mary scrunched her toes and set them on some of the moving dots in the toe of her shoe. The dots immediately turned a dark red. She felt nothing but the slightest crispy feeling. Looking around her floor, she noticed hundreds more of the black specks, some out in the middle of the floor, but with a general pattern towards the sill of the door. Still curious, Mary lowered her hand from her knee, and with her thumb, pressed down on a small group of maybe ten or so dots. They, too, crunched out of existence with little resistance. Then she put together a thought based on these events.
However, it was the wrong conclusion.
“Fucking sugar ants. I keep this place spotless, yet these bastards still invade! Cassie, help me kill these things, maybe they will be smart enough to turn around and leave!”
“I doubt they have that type of brain pattern, Mary,” Cassie smirked.
Mary raised her right foot, still in the sandal, and slowly and gently placed it on the mass of “ants” in front of her. She saw many stragglers crawling on her pair of pink flip-flops, so she kicked them over and dumped the helpless people on the floor at her feet. She was having way too much fun, she thought in her head. She slipped her left foot out of her sandal and started picking off little parties of helpless “sugar ants” with her big toe pointed downward. She smeared one line of escapees into nothingness with her toes. Thoroughly satisfied, she sighed and slipped her shoe back on. Then she spotted about a dozen or so she missed, and she merely slid her right foot forward, plowing these survivors with the front edge of her sandal. A look of satisfaction overtook her face, as looks of utter despair and horror overcame the faces of the few individuals who survived against the wall or elsewhere among the assorted flip-flops, sandals, and sneakers. But the looks on these people’s faces were short-lived, as Mary kicked her pink flip-flops again, and with this, they landed on the last groups of straggling mites, giving the people an incredibly pink sky that would have been beautiful if it hadn’t been falling on them, bringing death in a cute hue of beach fun.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim heard the approaching females before they were in sight. Wasting no time, he and the smarter microns ran for the toe of the sandal. Just as Mary approached and slid her foot in the left sandal, Jim and many others took a leap of faith. They flew maybe seventy-five feet in front of the toe section. After safely impacting the laminate flooring, they began running for their lives, literally. Looking over his shoulder, Jim saw Mary’s pink toenails tilted as she slid her foot into the sandal. He could see countless more people leaping or climbing off the toe section to safety. He also knew countless more were being crushed beneath her heel and arch. Jim was too terrified to hear the females’ voices rumble like a million freight trains. With a horrible rumble, Jim saw the sandal lurch forward as she rested her toes and got comfortable, only to immediately pull the sandal back as she looked beneath her heel. “Praise be!” exclaimed Jim. “She’ll see what she is doing.” Instead, she bent over, wiggled her toes, and crushed countless survivors on the tip of the sandal. Within the same instant, she lowered her enormous thumb, the same one which had killed many in the sneaker, and smudged a group of a dozen or so about thirty yards from Jim. He could hear the screams in the instant before the people became part of her thumbprint. Next she made her revelations of “ANTS!” The conversation between the two giantesses left a permanent partial hearing loss in all those still alive. Jim began running again, faster than ever before, but to his right. Then a sucking wind slowed his progress as Mary lifted her foot and set it on the masses who had just escaped her toes. The impact was light. Jim knew she was torturing these poor people. Ants. That’s all they were to her. Mary’s right foot went flying over Jim’s head and kicked a pair of pink flip-flops where a few had already made refuge. Then just as quickly, the right foot retreated and her left foot slid out of its giant brown home. This foot flew forward just as fast, and with her big toe, she began smashing tiny helpless people. Her foot was so big that the heel occasionally hung over Jim’s head as he ran away. Each impact brought a tremor, and occasionally a scream. Luckily, Jim was in good shape, and several others ran with him far out of the way. But those not in quite that physical shape were left in a long line about 110 people long, which Mary conveniently erased with her big toe. She set it within twenty feet of Jim, who was knocked to his feet by the impact. He rolled over and saw her massive pink toenail recede, leaving a trail of red goo. Wasting no time, he ran onward to the wall, while Mary slid her foot back into the sandal. Then, in a movement quicker than the survivors could comprehend, she slid that right sandal forward and collected them all, including Jim. But the impact merely stuck him against the toe of the sandal, and when she slid it back, he continued his solo run to the wall. As Jim was still dashing for the wall, that horrible foot and sandal flew forward again, tossing the flip-flops back in place, mashing out another large group of poor people.
Cassie was even crueler. After Mary’s ill-informed exclamation, Cassie looked down and saw the glob and trail of sugar ants on the open floor. In a mock-effort, she raised her right leg so that her calf was at ninety degrees relative to her knee, and she slammed her bare foot on top of the horrified people who were too dumbfounded to move. Had the girls not been caught up in the adrenaline rush, they might have heard the faintest, squeaky “nooooo” uttered from 300 mouths right before the impact of Cassie’s bare foot. Laughing, she smoothly set her left foot in front of the toes of her right foot on top of the trail. The trail was rather ragged and people had already begun straying from the masses when the two babes entered the entrance hall. But their fate would be no better, as Cassie used her right foot to pick off the individuals. One by one, she used her toes to blot out innocent people she mistook for sugar ants. She took careful aim to use all of her five deadly toes. To be sure she had everyone between her toes and where her right foot had been placed, she wiggled her toes, ending the relief (and lives) of those lucky enough to survive the initial attack. Satisfied with this effort, Cassie took her right foot and placed it in front of the left. She continued this process rather rapidly, and giggling the whole time. Once near the door, she noticed another large mass of the ants, and with an evil cackle, she lifted her left foot and set her toes in front of them, with her heel in the air and her sole hanging over the weary people. With a grin, she slid her toes back, bulldozing the crowd into toe jam, and to be sure she killed them all, she retreated for her flip-flops. The survivors, all of whom were too injured to do more than hobble away, watched in horror as the gigantic blue objects loomed in the distance. Within four steps, she was upon them, and with a well-placed step, Cassie trod on the last survivors of her assault on the victims of an unfortunate situation. No one survived Cassie’s horrific act that she had no idea was so horrific. The girls were satisfied that they had ended the invasion, and left for the mall. The only people who did survive with little agony were those inside of Mary’s pink sneakers. But this little victory was immediately forgotten hours later when Mary slid her sock-clad feet in and smeared most into oblivion instantly. The more unlucky people were wedged in the fabric of the sock, and either suffocated or ended up inside the sock, where her feet finished the job in a grinding manner. Like all girls, she constantly swung her foot and curled her toes. Wails of agony could be heard from her pinky toe to her heel.
Jim barely heard the thunderous flopping of Cassie’s shoes and the echoing booms of Mary’s wooden sandals as they began to leave the house. He sat against the wall, utterly exhausted.
He began to sob.