- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Our world would seem remarkably similar, in many ways, our lives would not be all that different from your own. All our plants and animals would be familiar to you, though, not all of your world’s exist on ours. Our climate is similar to yours, though slightly wetter, and slightly colder. Where I’m from is virtually identical to the climate of the American great lakes region. We have few deserts other than on our south and north pole continents, which are cold deserts like your Antarctica. We also have plains, jungles, mountains, and oceans, just like your planet. Our actual planet, named Twinterra (a play on “twin Earth” as you could probably guess) is much smaller than yours about the size of Mars, or 28% of Earth’s surface area. However, due to a cold dense core of what we believe is platinum (nearly 4 times as dense as your Iron core) the gravitational pull of our planet is nearly identical to yours. In other words, we are a smaller, and somewhat less geologically and biologically diverse version of your own planet.


We know of you because we are you. In a basic sense, we are human, and we certainly look similar to you. Our ancient history tells us that we were originally a series of roving bands of people with little more than some elementary tools, and some strange artifacts. These people could read and write, and had a somewhat enlightened knowledge of science, engineering, architectures, agriculture, and medicine, though knowledge of how they got this knowledge. We suspect that these were either lost colonists from your world, or we are all some kind of great sociology experiment. Furthermore, the artifacts these people had with them were either preserved or reproduced. They consisted of books and documents. We know your history through your “20th century AD” we know the Bible, and most of us consider ourselves Christians, although, our Christianity might be unrecognizable to you. We play music by composers such as Bach, Beethoven, and Handel which, again, were things we’ve preserved from our very early history, although, our history is only around 600 years long, much shorter than yours.


Our cultures progressed quickly. We had some initial spats about those with brown eyes and brown hair and those with green or blue eyes and blonde hair leading to a war along these lines in our very early history, though, these prejudices have largely disappeared (although, the aristocracy of my nation, a historically blonde blue eyes one, continues to be predominantly of this characteristic) and our last two chancellors have had dark hair and brown eyes. These days we exist in a state of technology roughly equivalent to your level immediately after the First World War. My own nation, the Empire of Glacaria, has a population of approximately 18 million, is highly industrialized, and railroads, telephones, and electrification are widespread, at least in the urban areas.


After highlighting how similar we are to you, however. I should highlight the one very large difference that separates us. While you have two biological divisions, male, and female, we posses three. We have males and females, just as you, and we also have a third division, who, in appearance look exactly like the females, though, are almost all highly attractive, and are almost anatomically identical. However, these “voraphile females” as they are known, prey on our males as food, all the while being totally integrated into our society, and providing many of its most elite and talented members, including our Empires entire aristocratic class.
They are, virtually without exception, beautiful, smart, and talented. While they are no bigger than an average female, they do tend to be faster and stronger even than an average male. While there are not that many of them, maybe 1000 in the whole country they make up a high proportion of high positions including our best doctors, lawyers, military officers, professors, and especially, our politicians, this all in addition to our head of state, the Empress Kelsey, the 13 countesses, and the 128 viscountesses who make up the aristocratic classes. However, voraphiles can come from all walks of life and some purposely lie low in order to lure in unsuspecting males.


While men are the exclusive target of these women, the average man does not worry himself TOO much with the threat of being eaten. With only 1000 voraphiles in the country, and each with a median appetite of 1 man a month (though a few are far more gluttonous) the chances of just getting grabbed off the street and devoured are fairly low. Additionally, there is a prohibition on the consumption of married men by anyone but their wife (if they’re married to a vore), and anyone who works for the government in general. Because civil service and the bureaucracy are highly important and respected professions in the Empire, these laws are rarely violated, and are vigorously enforced.


So why are you reading this? If you recall earlier I postulated that this was perhaps a grand sociology experiment. We have just recently developed the rocketry powerful enough to propel things into space. We have long realized that our planet’s people are descended from yours, and, having located your sun in our telescopes, I, a sociologist myself, have sent this message to you to explain our situation and society to you from our eyes, and perhaps to get some answers of my own as to how we were created and what purpose we serve. Enclosed I have included the stories of people who’s lives I have observed and recently published in my dissertation “Predators and Prey on Twinterra; a look at the society of the Empire of Glacaria.” It contains the following case studies:

Anna: Our current Chancellor (head of government), and her path as a promising young college student and her path through the civil service to the heights of power. Did she eat her way to the top, or is she deserving of her post?

Kelsey: Our Empress. The aristocracy have long pushed the Empress to be an example of the power they possess as voraphiles, but a series of more moderate than expected Empresses has allowed new regulations on the consumption of men to be passed. This passage explores how Kelsey cut deals to become the Empress, and whether she lives up to her promised voracity, or whether an economic slump will cause further austerity, even for the care free and hard partying aristocrats.

Megan: The assistant curator of the national museum, Megan has long been a quiet voraphile. She’s never admitted it publicly, never eaten more than one man in a month, and never made a big deal out of it. A dispute with a mail carrier, however, turns deadly and before she knows it, she’s eaten a government worker. Megan, with an enormous sense of power breaking this most sacred of laws goes on a binge. She stalks and eats increasingly high members of the administration, will she be caught?

Gabriel: The most famous voraphile now alive, Gabriel has turned man eating into a profession, holding and almost always winning contests to see how many men she can put down her throat in an hour. Her current record is 108. Where does she get these men?...
Richard: is hard on his luck. After getting fired from a steel mill, he made the mistake of robbing a grocery store. He was caught, apprehended, tried, and found guilty. While he was sentenced to only 3 months, Glacaria’s justice system ensures he will be lucky to get out alive. Under Glacarian law, any convict can be ordered an eaten by an aristocrat, or bought and paid for by any other voraphile.

Jacob: is a senator. He has parlayed a middle class upbringing and a sharp mind into one of the most powerful positions in the Empire. However, being a senator means he has political enemies. Being a progressive, he is the opponent of the more pro-vore conservative bloc. Can Jacob maintain his career and be an effective legislator, even as rivals try to pick him off?

Lucy: is a school teacher by day, and a man eater by night. While she teaches her students English literature in a working class High School in the Capital, Jamestown, at night she slinks around the bars and brothels of this industrial district. She lures inebriated and tired factory workers in with her fierce looks and insistent demeanor before…”Gulp” she devours them.

Chapter End Notes:
More to come