- Text Size +
Chapter two 

Brenda ran into the hotel lobby.

"Can I help you?" the desk clerk asked.

"Your parking lot is full of shrunken cars." Brenda told him.

"I was afraid of that. I warned those girls not to stay here."

"Mind telling me what's going on?" Brenda asked.

"Betty is on the loose. He's armed with a Size Remote and he loves to shrink woman."

"Think I better get going then." She headed out the door. But when she got to the parking lot her car was gone. She checked where she had parked it, but she couldn't find a trace of it. Dismayed she went back into the hotel.

"Back so soon?"

"Someone took my car."

"Sorry to hear that. Minds helping me gather up the shrunken cars before they get damaged?"

"Sure although I already stepped on one."

 

Soon all the shrunken cars had been gathered up and the unpleasant task of informing their owners had begun.

 

"HE SHRUNK MY CAR." Jessica screamed.

"I knew it was a mistake to come here." Elizabeth moaned.

"My boss isn't going to like this." Charles moaned.

"Where is Sandra anyway?" The desk clerk asked.

"She said she was meeting with a business client here in the hotel."

"Who cares about Ms. Rich girl? What are we going to do?" Holly asked.

"Call the cops?" Kelly suggested.

"The cops are already here." Minzda replied.

"Officer Dan Howe glad to see you." the desk clerk replied.

"When I saw the empty parking lot I figured there was trouble. Betty on the loose again isn't he?"

"Afraid so Dan. Wish I knew why she picks my hotel as her shrinking grounds."

"Can't you arrest her officer?" Brenda asked.

"She's a hard girl to catch. She shrank the last group of officers that tried to arrest her. " Minzda replied.

"You sound like the cops by Gabriel University. You run the other way when ever someone shrinks." Michelle commented.

"We do the best we can. Besides I'm willing to protect you girls." Minzda told them.

 

Meanwhile in another part of the hotel

Sandra knocked on the hotel door.

"Who is it?" A voice on the other side asked.

"It's me." Sandra replied.

"Come in Sandra Mill. I have been expecting you."

Sandra entered the hotel room, the only other person there was a short woman sitting on the bed.

"I most admit Ms. Dalton that it's not everyday that someone sends me a shrunken man in the mail."

"I knew it would get your attention. Also it would make you take me seriously."

"Can I see this Size Remote in action?"

"Sure." Betty then aims the remote at the television set in the room. Engulfed in red light, the set quick shrinks to the size of a matchbook.

"That's a powerful device. You got their Betty."

"How much are you willing to pay for it?" Betty asks.

"This." Sandra replies just before she sucker punches her.

 

With Betty out cold, Sandra then grabs the size remote.

"Prepare to be shrunk by your own remote Betty." She cries. But the remote has it own ideas. A red beam strikes her.

"What the!" Sandra cries, as her clothes start to get baggy and the room larger and larger. It dawns on her that's she's shrinking.

"Shrink her not me." Sandra tells the remote. But she gets smaller and smaller soon the remote gets too heavy to hold and she is lost within her own clothes.

 

"Man I can't believe she hit me." Betty muttered. Then he saw the pile of clothes on the floor. She quickly recognized the top and pants Sandra was wearing. She then dug through the pile of clothes and found a five inch tall Sandra.

"What happened?" Sandra asked.

"Fool! The remote only works for me. I figured you would do a stunt like this so I set the "Shrink unauthorized user " feature on. But I must admit I'm surprised your clothes didn't shrink with you. I should ask it about that."

"You talk to it?" Sandra asked surprise showing in her voice. But Betty was searching for the remote. After a moment he found it.

"Size Remote why didn't Sandra's clothes shrink with her?"

The words "The super witches wanted her to shrink out of her clothes." appears on the screen.

"Darn those interfering super witches. It doesn't really matter, your still going in that cage over there."

"What! No one puts me in a cage." But Betty just grabbed her and began to squeeze.

"Look here Sandra. You're going in that cage or else."

"Or else what? Or you're going to kill me? I'm rich. My family is going to hunt you down until they find me."

Betty pauses for a moment then he said.

"I'll shrink you so small that no one can find your body."

"You can do that?" Sandra asked.

"Size remote how small can you make Sandra?" He then placed the remote where she could read the answer.

"I can shrink you down to a micron in height." Were the words on the screen.

"Darn you Betty and your evil remote. I'll do what you ask."

"Well so much for Sandra." Cindy commented.

"She was too tall and rich for her own good."  Tammy added.

"This whole game is a farce."

"What makes you say that Claire?"

"All the members of the nine club are pets of mine that I haven't gone around to shrinking. I know there every move."

"Oh really! What have they been up to?" Tammy asked.

"Well they tried to get a bus out of town, but learned that the earliest bus out of town doesn't leave until tomorrow afternoon. So they headed to a restaurant called "Jake's Place" That is where they are now.

"And the other contestants?" Cindy asked.

"You tell me." Claire replied.

"Good idea. Let's check up on them."

 

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Holly asked

"What wrong with ordering out for pizza?" Jessica asked.

"Aren't you worried about being shrunk by Betty?" Kelly asked.

"Relax you two. We'll be safe as long as we stay in the hotel room. Besides we got Dan's cell phone number and he said would be checking up on us. "

"There's something about Dan that worries me. Did you girls get the sense that he too confident?" Holly asked.

"What do you mean?" Jessica asked.

"He seams to have no fear of Betty all at."

"You think he and Betty are working together?" Kelly asked.

"I don't know. What I do know is that there more to Dan that meets the eye." Holly replied.

 

Meanwhile a couple of doors down Brenda was eating a sub and surfing the inter universe net. She checked her email then called her boss Paul.

 

Paul: "What's up Brenda?"

Brenda: "I need all the info you have on Size Remotes."

Paul: "May I ask why?"

She then told him about Green Valley and about Betty.

Paul: "You did say you were in Green Valley."

Brenda: "Yeah why?"

Paul: Give me a minute there something I got to check."

A minute passed Brenda thought he had hung up on her. Then he said.

"Go to the 'Bet R US" web site now and then type in "Green Valley Survivor" under search."

"All right, what the heck is this?" The words died in her throat when she saw what was on the screen.

"Brenda are you still with me?" Paul asked.

"Oh my God!" she cried.

 

To be continued