- Text Size +

Chapter 1 – The Proposal

 

David felt great as he pulled into his house on the outskirts of town. He owned a couple hundred acres of land and was in better financial shape then he should have been. His cop's salary wasn't great, but he had been left the property and his house by his father who had passed away a few years back. Still the exchange rate wasn't favorable right now for the very expensive item he needed to buy: an engagement ring.

 

Not just any engagement ring mind you, but a ring that had a diameter of a large hula hoop. He had been steady with Carrie for exactly a year now and he knew that she was the one, but destiny alone wasn't going to buy her a ring. With exchange rates as they were he figured it would be easier if he made some Gulliveran money. So, a few months back he started doing data entry, survey's, and marketing online. This extra Gulliveran money allowed him to get the expensive ring that Carrie deserved.

 

Now all that remained was to think of a romantic way to propose. She was coming to his place to camp out tonight so he figured he could do it then. Unfortunately, the ring would be much too heavy for him to put on her finger, but he would make up for that in presentation. He began brainstorming ways to present the ring. When the phone rang.

 

“Hello” he answered. “Hey sweetie. How was your day?” he asked. “Good. You're still coming over, right?” he confirmed. “No, that's OK. Take your time I have a couple of things I need to wrap up here anyway.” he explained. “OK. See you at eight.....Love you too. Bye.” he concluded.

 

He immediately called his department to let them know that she was running behind. Since her second visit to his house it had been department policy to provide a police escort to Carrie in order to avoid any accidents. She was pretty enough to stop traffic in a Gulliveran city, but in Mercerville she caused system wide gridlock unless the police whisked her through quickly. That and while she was very careful one wrong step and she would flatten even the largest vehicle under her giant foot. Which was easily as long as a locomotive.

 

Carrie hung up the phone. Even after a year just hearing David's voice could take the pressure of the day right off her shoulders. She had been a criminal psychologist for a while now. The pay was OK, but not the six figure income that her exaggerating expectations foresaw after graduation. Still it paid all her bills and allowed her to buy most things she wanted.

 

She quickly made her way to her apartment and stripped out of her work clothes. She critiqued her naked body in her mirror momentarily pushing her up her tits then letting them drop. She turned sideways to check her profile out mainly out of concern that she was getting a gut, which could not be further from the truth. Like all women she saw blemishes that no one else could detect.

 

She finally turned again looking over her shoulder at her ass which she of course saw as bigger then it really was. “Ugh. I need some exercise.” She said to herself as she tracked down some panties and some jersey shorts. She found a bra and put on a white t-shirt before heading out the door.

 

An hour and half later and she had parked her car off to the shoulder of the narrow road just outside of Mercerville. She walked to her trunk grabbing her backpack which contained her sleeping bag and some food she picked up along the way which was the reason she was here at 8 instead of 7 as initially planned.

 

She realized after the first time she had stayed over at David's that unless she wanted to be hungry when she left she needed to bring her own food; as his entire supply would not even be a bite for her. However, she only brought snacks such as peanuts and crackers and a very small container of water. The closet Gulliveran sized restroom facility was a port-a-potty two miles down the road and it was a hassle to travel and use it. So, she also made sure she had used the bathroom before she left.

 

She walked off the shoulder of the 'big road' as the Lilliputian townies called it where she met her usual police escort. She sat her backpack she was carrying in her left hand down to the side and crouched down sitting on her heels with her arms resting on her knees. Even at this compressed height she still towered over all the tiny police cars and officers which found themselves completely within her shadow.

 

“Hi John...officers.” She greeted officer John Wilson, David's best friend, and his colleagues. “Hello Carrie.” He answered back over the bull horn. She counted three 2.5-3 inch cop cars and two smaller motorcycles that came in at perhaps an inch in length. These vehicles were gathered in the area between her knees which meant she was literally looming over them.

 

“You ready to roll Carrie?” asked John. “Whenever you are.” She replied standing up and picking up her back pack. Whenever she came into town it was like playing stop light because she couldn't walk at a continuous stroll because of her size. She wasn't great at math, but David had calculated that the average woman would walk about 3 mph. Which was a little slower than what Carrie would walk because of her taller than average height and excellent physical conditioning, but to keep the calculations simpler he just used the average.

 

David calculated that if she walked at 3 mph she would cover a Lilliputian mile (73.33 feet) in just about 16.6 seconds. This would put her casual stroll at 216.87 Lilliputian miles per hour! Since this was much to fast for the tiny police cars to travel she had to slow down. Now, had Mercerville been a larger city they might have had some hovercraft, but at only 100,000 people it was as rural as rural could get by Lilliputian standards.

 

Furthermore, since they had little contact with the larger sized people there was really no reason for them. In fact, Carrie was probably the first Gulliveran visitor that most in this town had ever seen. Even so David was lobbying the department for a couple of hovercraft arguing that Carrie's visitations were a trend that would only increase as the sizes interacted more frequently. That and were he to have access to one he could get to Carrie's apartment independently of her or the airport.

 

About thirty five minutes from the time she set her bare feet into town she had traveled the 25 Lilliputian miles (a smidgen over 2 football field lengths for Carrie) to David's house. It was becoming more routine for Carrie and her escorts, but no less frustrating for her since she could see David's property for about the last half of the trip, but was not allowed to take the quick steps she needed to close the distance.

 

Carrie was relieved to finally be at David's. She took a giant step off the road and into a field trying to hit her footprints from previous visits. She turned and waved goodbye to her escort and took a quicker, more natural stroll deeper into the property which would've been about two and three quarters acres to her. She still went slower than she normally would walk because of her attempts to stay within her own footprints. She didn't want to trample all the tiny trees on her boyfriend's property.

 

She reached the usual camp site which was situated in a large field that afforded her plenty of room to lay down and otherwise move about. Yet, as she stepped into the clearing she noticed something was amiss. David's truck was here, but no David. The fire had not even been built. As she approached his truck she then noticed him laying behind the truck bed pinned to the ground by a large ring.

 

It was an engagement ring! “Oh, David. What've you done?” she asked rhetorically as she crouched down and easily lifted the ring off of her tiny fiancee. He stood up gingerly. “Carrie, I love you. Will you marry me?” he asked looking up at his fiancee who had already slipped the ring on the appropriate finger. “Yes, of course. Are you alright?” she asked looking worriedly at him.

 

“My leg hurts like hell, but I am the happiest man in the world right now.” he stated jubilantly. “Well, I think we need to get you to a doctor.” she said as she gently picked him up between her finger and thumb and placed him in her hand. She then stood up and took him full speed into town to the first police car she could find.

 

It happened to be John's car. He was having some drive thru when a giant bare foot landed in the middle of the road in front of him. He spilled his drink, but quickly sat it up right and got out of the car. Sure enough Carrie was crouching over him. “Hi officer, David hurt his leg and needs medical attention.” She paused. “John is that you?” she asked lowering the hand that held David to the ground.

 

John walked onto Carrie's hand and helped David off it and into his car. He then retrieved the bull horn and spoke to Carrie. “Wait at David's while I take him to the medical complex. I'll have a car bring him back when they are done.” he commanded. “Will do, but can you send someone sooner to let me know what the diagnosis is?” she asked. “Sure.” answered John.