- Text Size +
Nine Months later

Well truth be told...there was times when I wish I did go for the job but what's done is done I guess. But I didn't want the fact that I'm shrinking put me down from finding another job. Amanda was supported the whole way; I guess I would be lost without her.

Joe was in the living room, sitting on one of the sofas not knowing as to what to do with his life. Joe wished that he never took that detour home. Joe was board stiff as he was home alone waiting for his wife to return from work. Feeling sorry for himself due to be unable to carry on working at his old place.

Amanda came home and saw Joe sitting on the sofa. “Hay cheer up, its not the end of the world” said Amanda as she sat down next to him. “Not the end of the world? Well it is to me, it really feels that way to me” said Joe as he looked at his now towering wife. Amanda leaned towards Joe and kissed him on the forehead.

“Hay come on, I'm sure that there's a job for a short guys like yourself” said Amanda as she smiled down at him as she stood up straight. “Please don't call me short” laughed Joe as he stood up as well. “Okay, okay” said Amanda as she laughed along with him; “If you want, I can go with you to look for work”

“Thank you” said Joe as he smiled up at her as the two of the headed off to pick up their coats. With that the two of them headed off outside. Within the next couple of days, the two of them couldn't really find Joe a job. Joe was slightly smaller than the day they started looking. This pretty much made Joe feel useless, a waste of space that's slowly shrinking away.

Amanda entered the living room, after talking to big sister on the phone. “Just been talking to Sandra and I invited her for dinner with the girls tonight” said Amanda as she held the phone in hand. “That's nice...” Joe said back as he didn't look at her. “But...” she said as she slowly sat down next to Joe.

Joe looked up at his wife as she smiled down; “This means that you're going to babysitting Pauline's daughters” Amanda said. “Pardon...what did you say?” asked Joe as he thought he haven't heard her properly. “You heard me, Pauline needs someone to babysit her daughters as there are no else is able to” answered Amanda.

“Erm...unless you've forgotten, right now I stand 3'8 ft and I'm still shrinking” said Joe. “I know...I know...But please do this” begged Amanda as she stroked his head. “You know that I hate that...” said Joe as he moved his head from her grip, “Fine...when do I start?”

“We're going out at six, so best get over to Pauline's place before then” answered Amanda as she kissed the top of his head.

Ever since that I shrunk down the 4 foot scale, Amanda...heck everyone I know done it, just rubbed me on the top of my head. Its almost as if I got a 'rub me' sigh stuck on my back.

Hours have passed since then.

The time on the clock reads half five. Pauline in front of the mirror, just finished putting on her lipstick on, looked back and saw that Joe was laying on bedroom bed. “Well then, best get that little butt of yours over to Pauline's place” said Amanda as she put on her earrings, looking at him from the mirror.

Amanda wore a long white dress with high heels of the same colour.

“I have to say...” said Joe as he sat up, “You look good” “I'm happy to hear that, but I'm afraid that this dress isn't for you little man” said Amanda as she rested onto her left leg and hands on her hips. Joe crawled off the bed and asked, “Perhaps I get you in a dress that's just for me?”

Amanda looked at Joe as he made his way towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She put her right hand on her chin to make that she was thinking pose. “Perhaps...if you've been a good boy” answered Amanda as she wrapped her arms around him. “Please, don't you know who I am?” said Joe as he laughed. “Well then, don't make me repeat” said Amanda as Joe let her Joe. “Yeah, yeah. See you tonight then” said Joe as he smiled up at her. With that Amanda kissed him on the right cheek.

I made my way over there, knocked on the front door and opened was an eight year old girl.

“Hello” said Joe as he looked up at the young girl. Joe worked out that she must be around 4'8 tall. “Hello...” said the girl back as she looked at him all confused. Joe knew that his shrinking was old news but he was surprised that the young girl was looking at him confused.

“Erm...there isn't something on my face is there?” asked Joe as he smiled at her. The girl poked him on his right cheek and just giggled. “Amy...who's at the door?” echoed Pauline's voice. “Its just the little man” answered the girl as she took her finger away from Joe's cheek.

“Just the little man...is that all I am to her, well I hope I some respect” thought Joe as Amy let him in.

Pauline was in the hallway, just finishing herself ready. Joe saw that she wore a red dress along with high heels of the same colour. She was also wearing a golden necklaces.

“Oh hi Joe, glad that you can babysit in such short...erm I mean” said Pauline as he just noticed the use of words she just used. “Its okay...I'm used to the short jokes” laughed Joe as he looked up at her.

“Say erm Joe...” said Pauline as she looked at him strangely, “You got something here” Pauline said this as she pointed towards her right cheek. “What?” asked Joe as he walked towards the hallway mirror. He tiptoed to see better and saw that he had lipstick where his wife kissed him.

“Oh dear” said Joe as he rubbed his cheek which pretty much made it wore as he now have a red cheek. “Right then Joe, I hope everything will be okay. Phone me if the girls are a bit more of a handful” said Pauline as she looked at him as she was making her way to the front door.

“Sure, trust me everything will be fine” Joe said as he waved her goodbye.

That was easy said than done, Amy was easy to handle. She was a good girl, she pretty much helped me out around the house. Sometimes it felt like it's her that babysitting me. Now onto the other girl...

“Alex will you please get off the phone!” ordered Joe as he stood there looking up at the ten year old girl. Alex holding the house phone, looked down and stuck her tong out at him. “What oh nothing...it was only my mum's shrinking friend” said Alex as she looked back up.

“What oh...I don't...hang on let me ask him” said Alex as she looked back down, “Joe how tall are you now?” Joe looked at her and slowly answered, “3'8”

Alex went back up and repeated what he said.

That was pretty much it that night, Alex pretty much talked on the phone to someone. Amy pretty much was well behaved. I stayed there till one o'clock when Pauline came back. With that I left, as I entered the house, Amanda told me that she has some news for me.

What's the news?

Well let me tell you.