- Text Size +

Hi my name is Joe Enron, you may have heard of me but I was one of many people that have fallen victim to an event that the media have call the 'Emerald Storm'. If you don't even know what the Emerald Storm is then what rock have you living under and think of yourself lucky that you didn't get caught up in it.

Well before you go on the internet to look up the effects of what the storm have done but please; read my story as scientists fear that another Emerald Storm might come. I might as well begin a year ago, back when I was...human.

Twelve months ago,

Joe stood out of his car and looked at his new house he have just bought. Joe has been given a promotion from his job and has been told that he is to move in a new department and that the company would pay him extra just to buy a house that was close to it. “Wow...what a nice house” said Amanda, his newly wedded wife. Amanda stood 5'8, has long black hair and blue eyes. The two of them stood next to each other, together and looked upon the house.

“Why don't you go in and take a look around” said Joe as he handed his wife the spare key to the house. Amanda smiled at Joe as she kissed him the cheek and took the key from him. Amanda went to the front door and opened it, Joe went to the boot of the car and took out two suitcases. Joe slowly walked towards the front door until he heard the sound of a young woman's voice, “Hi, welcome to the neighbourhood”

Joe stopped walking and saw a young woman leaning over the fence. Joe saw that she has short brown hair and has brown eyes. “Thanks, I'm Joe Enron Jones” said Joe as he put the suitcases down and walked over to the fence. “Pauline Green” said the woman as she took her hand out which Joe shook.

“So Pauline, is it nice living here?” asked Joe as he smiled at her. “Oh you're going to love it here, why don't you and your wife come round tonight as a welcome party” answered Pauline. “Thanks, I think we will. What time should we come round?” asked Joe as he picked the suitcases up and heading towards his house. “Come round by seven, I let you two met the rest of the neighbours” answered Pauline.

With that Joe went inside his new house, told Amanda about the welcoming party and then picked out what clothes he should wear and before he knew it, the clock said it was ten to seven. He got dressed and with his wife, the two of them went over to Pauline's house.

“So what was this Pauline like?” asked Amanda as she held Joe's arm. “Don't know, just spoke a few words with her and she invited us over” answered Joe as the two of them was walking towards the front door. The two of them stood there getting them selves ready, once they're ready they rang the door bell. Opened the door went and there stood Pauline whom smiled at the two of them. “Hello, Joe and...” said Pauline as she smiled at Joe and slowly looked at Amanda. “Hi I'm Amanda” said Amanda as she shook Pauline's hand. “Welcome you two, please come on in” said Pauline as she allowed the two to enter.

She led the two of them in the living where it held four people; all of which were women. “Why hello welcome to the neighbourhood” spoke the woman that was closest to them. Joe looked at the woman that spoke and saw that she was a 5'7 long blond hair. “Thank you” said Amanda as she shook her hand. “The name's Rinslet” spoke the woman as she took her hand back.

“Right then, allow me to welcome everyone,you already met Rinslet” said Pauline as she smiled at her. She then looked at an Asian woman whom stood 5'6 and said, “This here is Violette, Joe and Amanda, this here is Violette” “Its nice to meet you” said Violette as she shook Joe's hand. “This here is Naomi” said Pauline as she walked over to the shortest woman in the room whom is 5'4. “Hello” said Naomi as she smiled at Joe and Amanda. “And finally this here is Jessica” said Pauline as she walked towards the tallest woman, almost as tall as Joe. “Why hello Joe” said Jessica whom stands 5'11.

 

During the night, the two of them got to know a little bit more about them and what it is that they do. They learnt that Rinslet works in the same workplace as Joe but as a secretary. Violette works as a policewoman. Naomi, works at the local library. Jessica, is the local doctor and Pauline is a single house mum as she has two daughters.

Now I know what you all might be thinking, when does the storm come in right? The storm came two days after me and my wife arrived at our new place. I was doing well at my new work place. Huh, what is it that I do? Well lets just say that the company I once worked in doesn't want me to reveal their name or what it was I do. But I guess I can give you all a hint; it involves me using computers along with dealing with money.

On the day of the storm, I finished work and walked out to the car park. I put my things in my car, got in and began to drive my way home. As I was driving, I felt like taking a detour home so I took the long way by along the seafront. As I was driving, I noticed that it was getting really dark as night was beginning to fall. I also noticed that there was hardly anyone else driving along the road; I looked out at the sea and began to see something...strange.

As Joe was driving, he felt like taking a detour home so he took the long way by along the seafront. As he was driving, Joe noticed that it was getting really dark as night was beginning to fall. He also noticed that there was hardly anyone else driving along the road; Joe looked out at the sea and began to see something strange.

Out in the far distance, something was shining throughout the darkness and it was growing bigger and bigger.

Joe stopped the car, got out and tried to get a better look the object that he could see. The shiny object was getting even bigger and was beginning to give off a colour which he could make it out as an emerald dark green. Joe was beginning to panic as the green object slowly turned into what he could tell was a thunder storm as Joe could see lightning piecing through the dark sky. But he noticed that each time the lightning struck it was coloured green.

Joe could see that the storm was heading towards him as he saw that lightning was striking down upon the earth and was heading towards him in a straight line. Joe was covered in fear as he never saw anything like it; before Joe had the chance to react, he got struck but the lightning. He went flying backwards, with the feeling of his body numb; Joe crash landed onto the hard ground. The last Joe saw before he closed his eyes was that it was beginning to rain and all signs of the green lightning vanished.

I couldn’t tell what happened next as I found it very hard to breathe then moments later everything went black. I don’t know how long it’s been; it could have been hours or days but I heard something,

“Excuse me, Joe?” said a female voice. Joe woke up with his eyes still closed. “Huh? Wha…where am I?” Joe asked as he slowly opened his eyes and found himself back in his car at the seafront. “Joe? You’re at the seafront. Is everything okay?” said the woman again.

He looked at the woman and noticed that she’s a policewoman, Joe looked at her again and saw that it was Violette. “Oh thanks for waking me Violette…everything fine; what time is it?” Joe asked as he looked up at her. Violette looked at her watch and answered, “Its just five minutes past seven” “Oh thanks, I better get home then” Joe said as he started the car up and began to drive off. Violette looked at his car when driving and thought that of something strange

“What the heck was that thing last night?” Joe thought as he was driving up to his drive through. Joe got out and entered my house. As he was wandering around the place, trying work out what he just been through, Joe noticed something strange about the house, it was like something was out of place. Joe just shrugged it off as he went upstairs to take a shower and changed into a pair of clean clothes.

From that moment I had a hard time with Amanda as she just questioned me about what I did the night before. I mean...how could I have told her about being struck by green lightning and lived to tell the tell. The thing is, even though I was struck...there wasn't even signs of me being struck. So at that time I just believed that it was just some strange dream. In the end I ended up telling Amanda a white lie about staying over at a friend's house.

But boy...you should have seen my face when me and Amanda was watching the news on the television. It spoke about the strange storm,

“If someone were to have asked you what colour lightning is what would you say?” spoke the newsman that was on the television. “I don't know Bob but I would say lightning to be white” spoke the newswoman that was sitting next to the man. “Well that what people will say if they haven't seen the storm last night Lisa” spoke Bob as he looked at the woman. Lisa smiled at Bob and said, “Why what colour was the storm? “The storm is what people best describe as being an emerald green” answered Bob.

I changed the channel. I just couldn't believe that the storm really did happen and I was more surprised that there wasn't any news about people being struck by it. At that time it gave me the idea that I was the only one.

Well lets just say that nothing really happen for a whole month before I noticed the changes in me.