- Text Size +

1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Author note: While this is a SW story. I feel it may be of interest to GTS fans.

 

The magic words

 

teaser

 “What’s wrong Marcy?”

“Oh Angela, that roommate of mine is so tall. I wish she was smaller.”

“But your only 5’1”, surely your used to most women being tall than you.”

“Anna isn’t most woman; she’s 6’1”.

“Is is a tall one.”

“She was the subject of my wish, when I went to the Wishbone Restaurant yesterday.”

“So you wished for her to be smaller.”

“Actually I wished that she and her clothes would shrink every time I said the word smaller and grow every time I said the world bigger. It’s been a fantasy of mine ever since a met her.”

“I’ve heard that every wish made at wishbone becomes true.”

“I would have a lot of fun with Anna if it did come true.  But for that to become true, magic would have to exist. And I have my doubts about that.”

Meanwhile across town at a Chinese food restaurant a tall blond and a dark tall handsome man where eating dinner.

“I got to tell you Floyd this place has the best Chinese food in town.”

“Glad you approve.” The words died in his mouth when a glow came over Anna and she shrank by several inches. Then a few seconds later another glow came over her and she grew back to her previous height.

Seeing the stunned look on her boyfriend face she asked.

“Is there something wrong?”

“What just happened to you?”

“What are you babbling on about?”

“Never mind, I must have been daydreaming,”

Anna gave Floyd a funny look unaware that her life was about to change for the worse.

 

Chapter one

 

Back in the dorm Marcy and Angela continued to talk.

Angela: “I’ve heard about a new diet. That’s supposed to give you a smaller waistline in three days.”

Marcy: “There are times I wish my waistline were smaller.”

Angela: “Maybe you should have wished for your waistline to shrink every time you said smaller.”

Marcy: “I wish my waistline was smaller.” She looked down at herself but there wasn’t any change.

“So much for that idea.” And both girls laughed.

Back at the Chinese restaurant Anna and Floyd were eating when a glow came over her and she shrank several inches. A few seconds later another glow came over her but instead of growing she shrank several more inches. Anna frowned when she looked at her boyfriend.

“Are you getting taller?” she asked him. He shook his head and said.

“No. You have shrunk.”

“Nonsense.” She replied. Trying to ignore the fact that everything expect for her clothes seamed to be bigger.

“If I have shrunk how come my clothes sill fit?”

“Maybe you were hit a shrink ray or someone put a spell on you and your clothes.”

“I don’t see any shrink rays or witches around here do you?”

“No I don’t. Should I take you to the hospital? See if they can figure out what’s going on?”

“No. Ask for the check and take me back to my dorm.”

Anna groaned when she and her boyfriend stood up at the same time. At the start of the dinner she was an inch shorter than Floyd. Now she was nine inches shorter.  The waiter that brought the check started at her sensing something was wrong but couldn’t figure it out.

“Sure you don’t want to go to my place?” Floyd asked.

“I’m praying that I’m back to normal by morning.” Anna replied. While she was talking she saw Angela leave her dorm room. She gave Anna a puzzled look but decided to keep on walking.

“I hope Marcy doesn’t notice that I’ve shrunk.”

“I thought you considered your roommate to be your friend?”

“I do. But she was envious of my height. She might take advantage of the situation to tease me.”

“Call me if you need help.”

“Assuming I’m big enough to use the phone.” She muttered to herself as she waved goodbye to Floyd. To her dismay, Marcy was still up.

“How did your date go?” Marcy asked.

“It was all right.”

“Is there something wrong? You look smaller to me.”

A glow came over Anna and she shrank several more inches.

“Oh no! Not again.” Anna cried.

A shocked look came over Marcy’s face, quickly followed by a grin. Her tall roommate was no bigger than she was. And her size was at her mercy.

“This is going to be fun.” The brunette teased the blond.

“There’s nothing funny about this.” Anna complained.

“Your size is at my mercy. You shrink whenever I say the word smaller.”

“You’re doing this to me.” Anna cried as she shrank yet again.

“Yup! It wasn’t my intention to shrink you during your date. But I’m glad I did.”

“I got classes to attend, a part time job and a boyfriend. I got a life.”

“Your point is?”

“Make me big again. Please tell me you can make me grow.”

“Bigger.”

Anna grew by several inches.

“Hey restore me all the way.” Anna pleaded.

“Later. Right now I want to play with you some more.”

 “I’m not your toy. I demand that you restore me to my full size.” Anna pleaded with Marcy. In reply Marcy said.

“Smaller, smaller, smaller, smaller.”

The glow came over Anna and she shrank four times in quick succession. When the shrinking had stopped Anna was dismayed to be at eye level with Marcy’s belly.

“How are you doing this to me? Are you a witch?” Anna asked.

“Heck no. Let’s just say my wish came true. Wonder how small I can make you.” Marcy mused.

“You won’t dare.” But the brunette was already saying the s word over and over again. Anna soon found herself no bigger than a doll, looking up at the towering (to her) woman.

“This is so cool. Stay right there while I get the ruler.”

Anna had no intention of standing still as soon as Marcy’s back was turned she ran to the door. To her dismay the door leading out of the dorm room was closed and the door knob out of reach. She tried crawling under the door but was too big to fit.

“Just what do you think your doing?” Marcy asked more amused than angry.

“I’m trying to get away from you.”

“Foolish blond. Don’t you realize that you don’t have to be the same building as me for the magic words to have effect? ”

“Darn it you right. I was across town when you first shrunk me.”

“Do what I say or I’ll shrink you so small that you can walk under that closed door. Do we understand each other?”

“Yes mistress.” Anna replied.

“Now stand up straight while I measure you.”

 

The ruler was a plastic one, a foot long. To Anna it was a tower of doom.

“Your 11 inches tall. You’re about the size of the Barbie doll I had as a kid.”

“This ruler makes me feel so small.” Anna whined.

“Well you’re going to get even smaller.”

“Oh no!” Anna cried as she shrank even more.  She watched the ruler (and everything else) get even bigger. When the shrink stopped she was horrified to find that she was now just eight inches tall.

“You lost three inches with one word.  It’s amazing.”

“I thought you weren’t going to shrink me any more.”

“I didn’t say that. The question is do I keep you at this size or reduce you to four or maybe three inches tall.”

Anna got on her hands and knees.

“Please don’t make me any smaller.” She begged.

“Stand up.” Marcy ordered. Anna stood up. Before she could react, Marcy warped her right hand around her and picked her off the floor.

“Hey put me down.” Anna demanded.

“Wow! You’re so light I can carry you using only one hand. I bet the collage dictionary weights more than you do.”

“Groan can this get any worse.” Anna moaned.

Ring, ring

“How who can that be?” Marcy wondered as she went to answer the phone. But before she picked it up she told Anna.

“Stay quiet or you’ll be sorry.”

Anna nodded her head.

“Hello.”

“Can I speak to Anna please?”

“She can’t come to the phone right now.”

“Marcy I’m really worried about her. I’m afraid that she might shrink to nothing.”

“Oh I don’t think that’s likely.”

“How can you be so sure Marcy? Do you know something I don’t?”

Marcy hesitated. Should she admit the truth to Anna’s boyfriend or should she lie.

To be continued