- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

Meet Clara

 

Once there was a girl named Clara. She was a beautiful brunette with brown eyes and fair skin. She had a good job and was healthy. But she was not content.

 

"Oh God, why am I so short?" She would wail. Clara was only 4'11". And she felt she was the smallest woman in Lethbridge, Alberta.

 

This went on for several years. Then one day in 1992 while Clara was at her favourite park moaning away, Mr. G spoke to her.

 

"You want to be tall? Fine! You will be so tall that the people of Lethbridge will be like ants to you."

 

Clara was stunned. Then she said.

 

"That sounds a bit big. Increasing my height to six or seven feet will do."

 

"Beggars can't be chooses." Mr. G replied. Then Clara began to grow.

 

At first, she enjoyed her growth, although it was painful growing out of her clothes. But when she passed the 100-foot mark she began to panic.

 

"How big will I get?" She cried.

 

Bigger and bigger she grew. The park that a few moments ago seamed so big now seamed small. Finally her growth stopped at the one-mile mark

 

Clara then noticed that most of the city was staring at her naked body. She then tried to cover up.

 

"Some clothes would be nice." She cried. A T-shirt and jeans then appeared on Clara's body.

 

"AWW. I was hoping you would stay naked. It's a great conversation starter."

 

Startled Clara turned around. A naked redhead was standing behind her. She was a 1,000 feet tall.

 

"Who the heck are you?" Clara asked.

 

"Names Cathy, most GTS-Goddesses call me chatty. Speaking of GTS-Goddesses, I'm here to welcome you to the GTS-Goddess race. A race I'm part of. I'm here to show you the ropes and answer any questions you may have.  I'm sure you'll find my advise helpful. After all I've been a GTS-Goddess since 1924."

"Wait a minute. There's no way you where around in 1924."

"GTS-Goddesses don't age. Let me tell you things were a lot different in 1924. The mayor actually had a heart attack when he saw my naked body for the first time. A shame really he was one of the best mayors Boston ever had. And you should have seen the police try to arrest me."

"We are going to arrest you."

 

Clara then noticed that every cop in town was at her feet.

 

"One thing you people have got to learn is that a GTS-Goddess wishes are more important than a Human's. We are above human laws." Cathy told the cops.

 

Clara faced turned red. She didn't consider herself above the law.

 

"Come now Clara, there no need to be afraid of Humans. They can't hurt you."

 

"I'm not afraid of these people. This is my hometown, these people are my friends."

 

"Then treat these people with favour, as you rule this world."

 

This last statement outraged the crowd, which by this time included the mayor.

 

"Nobody rules us but ourselves." The mayor cried.

 

"You don't have a say Mr. Mayor. Fortunately for you, Clara seams to be a gentle GTS-Goddess."

 

"But I don't want to rule the world. All I wanted was to be tall. Not a monster bent on world domination."

 

As soon as Clara as finished speaking, a 600-foot blond GTS-Goddess appeared.  She was dressed in a white shirt and shorts.

 

"You're not a monster Clara. As for ruling this world, you don't have a choice at the moment, although Mr. G might consider you for reassignment later on." The blond said.

 

"Who the heck are you?" Clara asked.

 

"Name is Rose Crusher. Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier."

 

"I don't need help Rose. I was doing fine without you."

 

"I hate to interrupt, but I really don't want to be a GTS-goddess." Clara whined.

 

"You don't have a choice. Where would you rather be? Up here with us or." Cathy then bent down and grabbed a hand full of people.

"Or in the palm of my hand?" Cathy asked.

 

Clara studied the people in Cathy's hand. To her surprise she recognized some of them.

 

"I know some of these people. I see Dona Comb my next door neighbour and Mike Ward who I went to high school with. I don't know who the other four people are."

 

"Help us Clara." Dona cried.

 

"I demand that you put them down gently."

 

"Sure you don't want to hold them? It's quite the feeling of power."

 

"Come on Cathy, it's not nice to handle another GTS-Goddess subjects." Rose told Cathy. Cathy made a face but let the people she was holding go.

 

"It's been nice meeting you but I and Cathy have to go."

 

"What! She's nowhere near ready to rule a world." Cathy cried.

 

Rose didn't answer her. To Clara's amazement Rose then disappeared from sight. Then a vortex opened up.

 

"What the heck is that?" Clara asked.

 

"You have never seen a wormhole before. Man you got a lot to learn about the multiuniverse. This world is part of an infinite number of earth's."

 

"CATHY!" A voice cried.

 

"Alright, coming Mr. G. "

 

Cathy went through the wormhole, then it disappeared.

 

The end for now