- Text Size +

Reaching home, he offered a hollow apology to Sarah, blaming a demanding day for his distracted silence. The lie stuck in his throat, a bitter pill he was forced to swallow. Sleep, when it finally came, offered no solace. His dreams were a confusing collage of Brooke's towering figure and Sarah's worried face. Worry about Greg gnawed at him too. How would he explain the situation? Would Greg be angry, maybe even fired? Would Brooke take her frustration out on him instead?

The morning arrived, heavy and oppressive. Will dressed in a daze, the weight of the previous night hanging over him like a storm cloud. As he stepped out the door, a single thought echoed in his mind: how would he face the consequences of his unexpected encounter with the formidable Brooke Davis?

The fluorescent lights of the office seemed a shade harsher as Will entered. He scanned the room, half-expecting to see Brooke's towering figure striding down the hallway, but everything seemed normal. Even Greg, at his desk, was whistling a cheerful tune, completely oblivious to the storm brewing on the second floor.

Will's heart hammered a frantic rhythm against his ribs. He couldn't delay the inevitable any longer. Steeling himself, he approached Greg, a knot of guilt tightening in his stomach.

"Hey Greg," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

Greg glanced up, a wide grin splitting his face. "Sure, buddy! What's up?"

Will swallowed hard. Leading Greg to the relative privacy of the water cooler, he blurted out the story of his impromptu tour with Brooke, leaving out the more… personal details about her physical touch and his own shameful reaction.

"And... she wants to see you in her office by ten," he finished, his voice dropping to a nervous mumble. "She wasn't too happy."

A flicker of worry crossed Greg's face, but surprisingly, he didn't get mad. "Whoa," he said, letting out a long sigh. "Well, that's not good. Thanks for letting me know, Will. I better get going then."

He glanced at his watch, the cheer evaporating from his face. "Nine AM sharp. Wish me luck." With a pat on Will's shoulder, he turned and headed towards the elevator, his light gait replaced by a hesitant shuffle.

Will watched him go, a wave of relief washing over him. It wasn't a complete solution, but at least he'd gotten the truth out. Now, he could only hope Greg would weather Brooke's storm and that the fallout wouldn't come back to bite him. As he turned to head back to his desk, a single thought echoed in his mind: this was just the beginning.

An agonizing hour crawled by. The usual office buzz seemed muted, every glance Will sent Greg's way feeling like an accusation. Finally, the elevator doors whooshed open, revealing Greg's figure. He looked like a man who'd been through the wringer. His usual easy smile was gone, replaced by a mask of pale worry.

Will rose from his chair, a concerned question bubbling on his lips. "Hey, Greg, how'd it go?"

Greg looked at him, his eyes distant and shadowed. He opened his mouth as if to speak, then closed it again. "Not good," he finally managed, his voice barely a rasp. The words hung in the air, heavy with unspoken details.

Will felt a surge of sympathy for his mentor. Whatever transpired in Brooke's office had clearly shaken him. "Do you... want to talk about it?" he offered hesitantly.

Greg shook his head, a ghost of a smile flickering on his lips. "Not really, buddy," he said, his voice thick with exhaustion. "But thanks for offering. Look, I need a coffee break. How about you join me?"

Will nodded, a sense of helplessness washing over him. He wasn't sure what he could do, but offering his support felt like the least he could do. They walked towards the break room, Greg's shoulders slumped, the carefree energy he'd known him for completely drained.

As they waited in line for their coffee, Will stole a glance at Greg, his apprehension growing. There was more to the story, a hidden truth that Greg wasn't willing to share. And for the first time, a chilling realization dawned on Will – perhaps this whole ordeal was far from over. The encounter with Brooke might have been his introduction to the bizarre reality of Poole Inc., but for Greg, it seemed this was just another chapter in a much larger, and far more unsettling, story.