- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Being a guard of a gear research team didn't seem too bad at first. Most of what we did was help process neutralized gears that were brought in by bounty hunters and the military before sealing them, but not all of them were unwanted I soon came to find out. 



I was making my rounds in the large facility before the power shut off and we were left in completely darkness for a moment. The red emergency lights cut on, I felt a chill go down my spine as I only assumed one of the captured gears had escaped. I readied my blade and began to make my way to one our recent captures. It yielded high casualties in the report and it took our king Leo stepping in to take it down. I felt a knot in my gut I grew closer, but before I could turn down the hall leading to its cell. I saw one of my fallen comrades laying face down with their weapon destroyed. I went to his side and began to check for injuries, but I quickly noticed it magical in origin as no physical harm was done. He was foaming from the mouth and didn't look like he would ever recover. There was something else that had broke into the facility. I quickly got to my feet and turned the corner ready to face whoever could have done this. I quickly found myself witnessing a horrifying sight. Body's of researchers and guards smashed into walls or concussed by magic littered the ground. My hairs began to stand on edge as I laid my eyes on the person responsible. 




The woman with a red witches hat and a guitar, she was rubbing the heel of her boot into a fallen guards head. I knew of her from reports dealing with "That man." She was responsible for multiple incidents and most of them only the best of us could challenge her. I began to shake in fear as I tried to prepare myself. Though I hadn't notice her realizing I was there. "Another fly coming to be swatted away. I wonder how long you're going to stand there just staring." She spoke while on glancing at me. I could hear the crack of the helmet of the guard as she dug her heel deeper applying more force while grinding.



"Come on now, don't you're scared. Your friends here put up a fight at least. While you're just pissing your pants. If you want, I can make it quick. I can't have anyone knowing I'm here." She said, before casually kicking him away. With such little force, she sent his body flying at me. I quickly dodged their body, but before I knew it. She was already infront of me with guitar in hand and she was already mid strike. I brought my sword up as much as I could, but it wasn't enough. It was crushed as her attack followed through and smashed me in the chest. Sending me flying back into the wall. The air was knocked out of me and I struggled to even catch my breath before I fell to the ground. "You're still up? Wow, that's surprising. I guess you're worth more than I thought." I could barely hear her say as my ears rung violently. I tried to look up to see where she was, but I was greeted by her face as she was kneeling down looking me. She grabbed my chin and helped me raise my head before examining me. Her eyes shimmered behind her glasses, changing into a mix of different colors like a reflective disc. "You'll do nicely." She spoke in a sly tone before I felt her soft fingers begin to surge with magic and burn my face. 



She casted something, I couldn't move, I began to panic as I could feel the powerful magic course through my body before relief finally came as she released her grip. "I'll be back for you sweetie. Enjoy your nap." She said before standing up. I only stared up for a moment, still unable to move my neck as I watched her quickly raise her leg up in a kicking motion. Before I knew it, I was out like a light. The last thing I heard was the clacking of her boots against the concrete floor.





I slowly began to open eyes as I laid flat on the ground. My body was sore as ever, but I felt lighter than I had before. I slowly pushed myself off the ground and quickly began to realize that I wasn't at the same height anymore. "What the!" I yelled before looking over to the side and noticing the massive rocks next to me being fragments of what felll off the wall. My heart began to race as I looked at everything around me. The ceiling was easily miles high compared to my current. "What did she do to me?" I tried to stand but I was too disoriented to even keep my balance at this point.


Though everything came to a halt as I heard a family clacking and a low humming. It began to get louder as something was approaching from the distance and I could feel it's gargantuan steps coming closer. "She....shrunk me..." i said to myself as her form slowly came into my field of view in the distance. I could see that she had miniaturized version of the gear we had in captivity in the palm of her hands. She was teasing the poor thing as she poked and prodded at it. I continued to stare for a moment like a deer in the headlights until the ground shook so violently from her approach I could feel my bones rattling. "She's heading right toward me....I have to run!" I screamed to myself get out of this trance as I stood up and began to book it. Though I could hear her snicker from behind me, so I looked back to see how close she was. Unfortunately I was too late to realize she was gone. I ran straight into a rubber wall that made up the sole of her boot.



I fell back, I began to rub my head as everything became blurry. I looked up to see her towering above me with an amused expression. She seemed all too delighted to see me suffer. "You're just a little too slow hun, now why don't we test out some of your new features." She said with a sadistic smile before it became quickly eclipsed by her rising boot tread. I only sat in pure awe and terror as I knew I couldn't move in time. "Bye for now." She spoke as her boot began to lower. It moved at the pace of a normal step, but the monolithic structure moved quicker than I could fathom. The last thing I remember, was the pain of having a two ton piece of rubber turning me into paste beneath her sole.



Meanwhile, I-No smiled at the feeling of his body going crunch beneath her boot. "Well that was satisfying, I hope he doesn't me taking on a new pet. Though I don't think he'll notice." She began to grind her sole into his destroyed body. She then casted another spell to make sure he would stick until she returned home. "I hope you don't mind the ride as piece of shit stuck my boot. Though I don't think you're going to mind, not yet at least." She couldn't help but laugh at his situation before opening a portal stepping through. Her laughter echoed through the now empty facility is she left. Leaving only broken bodies and a blood stain in her wake.