- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first ever non-shrinking story so please let me know what you think. All critiques are welcome good or bad.
This recording was found in a metal lock box along with the research of Dr. Benjamin Westmen in a storm drain just inside the disaster zone on August 14, 2010

June 5, 2010



   I'm not sure if this recording will ever be found but I have to at least try to let the world know what happened to us inside the orb. I've been telling myself that you people on the other side of the barrier are trying your best to get us out and it gives me hope, I mean I'm not the smartest guy in the world, maybe you guys can think of something that we haven't already tried but realistically, chances are by the time this is over we'll all be gone without a trace and no one will know where we went. I guess I should start by telling you who I am.

   My name is Ben Westmen. I lived in the north suburbs of Chicago in Elmhurst. I have a beautiful wife, Jandra, and three beautiful daughters, Mika, our oldest at two and the twins Sasha and Tasha are nine months old. I had a nice house, a dog, a great job and two cars in the garage. On June fifth I got home from work around five. I came in the house, hugged Mika and tickled the twin's bellies and kissed my wife and then I stepped out back to warm up the grill. At the time I was the head of research on a project to develop engines for inter stellar travel so not to blow my own horn but I'm a pretty smart guy. Thats probably why the resistance voted for me to lead them although I obviously haven't done a good job as most of them are dead now. I'll get into the rebelion in a bit but first let me tell you about my wife. 

   My wife and daughters all have the exact same deep auburn hair and the brightest blue eyes you've ever seen. Seriously their eyes are so bright blue that they don't seem human and theres a really good reason for that, they aren't. My wife is an alien from a planet called Amaterra four and my daughters are half alien. Keep in mind when I tell you this next part that I'm not bragging, I just think its important because if any of you guys have wives with the same deep auburn hair and bright blue eyes as my wife and daughters, you can look out for some of the character traits that are common among her race and maybe have a bit of warning and a better chance to avoid this then we did.

   My wife is really aggressive, sexually. I mean she gets really disagreeable if she doesn't get at least three hours of it a day, and when I say disagreeable I mean violently disagreeable, one time I told her I was too tired and she started screaming at me about her needs not being met, slapped me across the face, kneed me in the jewels, knocked me on the floor, Pulled up her skirt and sat on my face telling me that I wasn't getting up until she was satisfied, You would be surprised at how strong they are, even when they are our size but I'm not even thirty yet and she is still, even now, the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen so I did my best to please her even if it meant most of the three hours was just me going down on her.

   My wife and I met at a coffee shop down the street from my lab while I was on my lunch break. I was sitting alone going through research on my lap top and she just came over and sat at my table and sipped her latte staring at me with this huge smile on her face until I said hello. We talked for over two hours and she was so Intoxicating that I didn't realises that I had gone over my lunch hour by an hour and a half so when I looked at my watch I jumped up and told her that I had to go but she grabbed me by the arm and asked how I was supposed to take her to dinner without her phone number as she stuffed a napkin in my pocket making a point of stuffing it as deep in as she could. I couldn't believe that a girl this pretty was that interested in a geek like me but it was all just a ruse. She was only into me because she was assigned, by her commander, to watch my work.

   We dated for almost a year and after a while she really did fall in love with me. How can I be sure? Well if she didn't really love me I wouldn't be here telling you this right now. I would be under her giant foot being crushed and wishing i were dead. She had been on Earth for thirty two years before we met, Though she didn't look a day over twenty, and it made her sympathetic toward us. She had made friends and after she met me and we fell in love she would have been content to stay here and live out her life as a human. After three years together she insisted that we get married and made me swear to her that no matter what I would never leave her. Two years later Mika was born and everting was wonderfull. Two months after Mika was born Jandra was pregnant with the twins. I didn't know it at the time and I hate to have to admit it now but I am at least partially responsible for this whole thing. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

   Back to June fifth. As the coals heated up and Jandra was walking toward me with a pair of fillets and two potatoes wrapped in foil on a platter, the sky suddenly grew dark. I looked up to see a huge cloud forming to the south east of my house. The cloud expanded out in all directions and settled to the ground so fast that I couldn't believe that it could be even remotely natural. I saw Jandra drop the platter as she was staring at the sky with a look of terror on her face and just before the fog became too thick for me to she her less then ten feet away from me  I ran to her and pulled her into the house, asked her if she was OK and picked up the remote to turn on the news to see what was going on. Then the ground started to shake and the lights flickered. Then everything became completely still and silent. It seemed like the calm would last forever and then I heard the loudest noise I had ever heard. It sounded like a thousand car wrecks all at once and then there was a deafening bang that shook my house so bad that Jandra and I both fell to the floor just before all of the windows on the north side of the house were blown out sending glass everywhere. I checked to see that my wife was OK and then ran up the stairs to get our children. As I reached the top of the stairs I could hear all of my girls screaming and crying. I thanked god that their rooms were on the south wall of the house and there was no broken glass to be seen. I picked up Mika and Tasha one by one and put them in the crib with Sasha and then covered the whole crib with a thick blanket.

   I turned around to get the twin's car seats from the livingroom to find Jandra crying and telling me that she was sorry. I started to tell her that everything was going to be OK until I looked down the hall through our bedroom out of the broken window on the north wall of the house to see that my neighbor's house was gone. I ran to the broken window and looked out. the gigantic trench started right where my neighbors house was and went across for about the length of a football field and went of to both the east and west further then I could see and it didn't seem to have a bottom. My neighbors names were Ted and Brandy Martin and they had four kids. I couldn't believe that they were gone. I thought about how just twenty minutes before it all started I was in my yard and Ted was telling me, over the fence, that his eleven year old son had just made the honor role and I fell to my knees and started to cry. Jandra came up behind me and fell over my back, hugging me and apologising. A few minutes later sadness became anger and I had to know what was going on so I got up and went down stairs and picked up the remote and clicked the TV on.

   I didn't have to flip a single channel as it was on all of them. The news was showing a satellite picture of the midwestern United States. Over Chicago, all of the surrounding suburbs and Half of Lake Michigan was an enormous dome. I looked on in terror as the reporter spoke of the rest of the huge trench that the dome had made when it seemingly appeared out of nowhere. He said that it was eighty miles in diameter and three thousand feet high. He seemed so callous about the whole thing that I wished that he were here so I could punch him in the face. Then the screen turned to static but I was too consumed by the realisation that every person that was within the area of the trench was just gone to notice and it sent me into shock. My ears seemed to stop working and my legs turned to jelly. 

   I'm not really sure just how long I was catatonic but it wasn't until I felt Jandra hugging me again that I snapped back to reality. Her touch and the sound of her crying reminded me that my family needed me to be strong right now So I picked myself up and hugged her back. She kept saying that she was sorry and that it was all her fault. I told her that that was ridiculous and asked her what the hell she was talking about. She told me that this was the procedure. That aliens were here to enslave or kill everyone within the orb. I asked her how she could possibly know that and thats when she told me that she was one of them.

   Jandra wept as she told me about her being assigned to keep track of me as my research could pose a threat to her fellow Amaterrans. Not that my research could hurt them but if we could get into space they feared that we might be able to escape. She told me that they combed the universe looking for compatible males as the males of their race were long extinct and they needed us to breed and she told me that only when one of her race's females had successfully conceived twins with a potential male did they deem said potential male's DNA strong enough for breeding and start to cull the planet starting with the area of the conception. Then more of their ships would arrive, using gigantic orbs, like the one that is now surrounding most of northern Illinois, to trap everyone inside and slowly cull the whole planet until all were assimilated into their culture or dead. Then some of them would stay behind to recolonize and the planet would be renamed Amaterra and whatever number they were up to at that point. As far as Jandra knew there were seventeen Amaterras and it seems that Earth will become Amaterra eighteen. Thats why I'm hiding my research with this recording. It is imperative that you complete my work and get as many people off the planet as possible or all of our surviving men will be slaves and the few women that they don't kill will become gigantic Amaterrans and our entire history will be lost forever.

   I asked her if she was going to kill me. She told me that she loved me and she wouldn't let them hurt me. I asked her about our daughters. She told me that they would be safe as they were part Amaterran. I took some comfort in that, even if it did mean that they would be raised as Amaterrans, Who concored worlds and enslaved men all around the universe, at least they would live.

   Jandra was still explaining things to me when an incredibly loud female voice boomed down from the sky. It told us that our lives as we knew them were over. That we must except them as our rulers or die and that we had to prove that we would be penitent before them or be executed. Then the voice ordered us to kneel. Jandra told me to kneel and when I didn't she begged me to kneel. Her tone was so urgent that I did as she asked. Over a minute had passed and I started to rise but Jandra pushed me to the floor and sat on my back and told me to wait. About two minutes later a flash of blinding light filled the sky and washed down over us. I didn't know it at the time but my alien wife had just saved my life as the flash had just disintegrated every man that wasn't on his knees.

   A few minutes later four women, all dressed in tight black, what looked like latex, one piece suits with knee high high heeled boots on their feet and belts around their waists with some kind of guns hanging off on their left sides and some sort of devices clipped on their right. Three of them had the same Hair and eye colors as my wife and daughters. The fourth had very pale skin, violet eyes and long green hair. I assumed that she was one of the women that they had assimilated into their culture.

   The green haired girl and two of the others went straight up stairs to retrieve our daughters and the forth walked up to me and asked Jandra if I was the male in question and Jandra told her that I was her mate. The woman seemed a bit put off by the way that Jandra seemed protective of me and told her that she should do it herself handing Jandra a small syringe with some kind of glowing Blue liquid in it. Jandra walked right up to me, stuck it in my neck and told me that she was sorry.

   I immediately felt very groggy and all of my senses seem as if they were barely working. Jandra and the other woman caught me under my arms and dragged me outside. Outside we were joined by the other three women, each with one of my daughters in their arms. The woman holding my left arm just let go and Jandra held on to my right and lowered me gently to the ground. As I lay there on my back, too out of it to move, I watched Jandra pull a device just like the ones that the other women had out of the pocket of her jeans. I watched them all, including my wife press a botton on the devices and before my eyes they all grew until they were about sixty feet tall, clothes and all. Even my daughters grew with them as they held them.

   The most terrifying moment of my life was when Jandra bent down and picked me up, kissed my whole face and started to lower me back down. Unable to hold my own head up I could see that What seemed to me was miles bellow me Jandra had taken off her now car sized ballerina flat and was putting me in it. Once she had my limp body in the shoe I looked up at my wife, she mouthed the words "I'm sorry" and put her foot back in it on top of me.

   I was in total darkness and I felt like I would burst into a bloody mess in Jandra's shoe from the titanic weight of her colossal foot as it crushed me into her insole. Jandra started to walk and I felt the momentum of her foot leaving the ground pressing me further into the bottom of her shoe, then I was overcome by the sensation of falling and suddenly I was being crushed again. As her foot pressed down I couldn't believe that I wasn't dead. Aside from the horrific pain, I felt moisture pooling around me. The insole of her shoe was releasing the footsweat that had been building up all day while she ran around taking care of our children while I was at work. Then my sense of smell came back and I started to gag. Jandra had been wearing these shoes all day without socks. A few of her footsteps steps later the smell and the pain became too much for me and I passed out.