- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Before it all, there is nothing but darkness. There is absolutely no light. There isn't any cold. There isn't any warmth. There is no sound. Nothing.

 

Then, a spark of light from the center, followed by another, each somewhat brighter than the previous. Finally, a roaring flame rips and tears at the blackness, swallowing the ethereal night until it becomes as bright as the light of a thousand suns.

 

It is uncertain how long the firestorm rages, whether a few seconds or billions of years, because the rules of these new worlds are yet unwritten. Emerging from the darkness, it is forged in fire.

 

Eventually, the darkness disappears, leaving only a faint orange glow from flames burning from an unknown location. But, in the middle of all the mayhem, there is one thing preventing this new cosmos from being empty and alone. A mysterious blue and green sphere hovers amid the flaming domain, yet no flame laps at its surface.

 

Panic and dread sweep through the little grey patches as they attempt to recover from the unexpected shock. All they recall is a wall of flames speeding over the horizon, consuming everything in its path, but instead of being consumed, they find themselves here.

 

A shimmering heat ripples over the ball, not hot enough to melt or burn it but warm enough to feel like a beautiful summer day. The swirling light of the invisible flames illuminates every inch of the globe, leaving not even a shadow.

 

"Do not be terrified, humans, I mean little ones. You will not be harmed since you are under my protection."

 

Everyone glances around, searching for the powers responsible for the charming feminine but holy voice that booms out around them. Even though a portion of the populace understands that there is no audible voice, the idea is transmitted directly into their minds as a simple concept.

 

However, this does not deter many from looking. Instead, many people stare up at the beautiful white sky, perplexed as to why there are no stars but simply a covering of white.

 

As the white sky bursts open to reveal a sea of captivating blue, half of the planet is suddenly flooded in bright blue light.

 

"Don't worry, you're safe with me," the voice says as the sky above them swiftly changes from white to blue, quicker than is practically possible.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I frightening you? How about I step back so you can see me properly?" As the blue and white sky quickly draws back to reveal another sight, a hush descends over one half of the planet. The blue view they are looking at rests in an infinite ocean of white. As the white mass extends all the way back to expose a structure, a nearly audible cry is given forth. Many people recognize the edifice as something they have only seen in stories or folklore. The appearance emerges.

 

"Hello, everyone, especially those who can't see me since you're on the opposite side of the planet. I'm Reshiram, and many of you may recognize me as the White Yang Pokémon or Zekrom's polar opposite. I'm sure you're all wondering what's happening and how or why you're all here." Reshiram's voice is calming yet not domineering, her immensely huge blue eyes can be seen looking on with a lovely and compassionate glance.

 

"You may have noticed that your Pokemon have vanished. This is due to their association with their creator. So, it's just you little ones and me." Reshiram gently proceeds to circle the globe, letting everyone know she is there with a kind grin on her face.

 

"As for why you've come here, our creator, Arceus, intends to punish humanity for how they treated their offspring. So as a punishment, Arceus has made several copies of your world without his children and distributed them to a chosen few. Legendary and mythical Pokemon, as you refer to them. So, each universe is entrusted to us to punish people as we see proper. And you have the luxury of having me."

 

Reshiram is only halfway through when all hell breaks loose on the globe as the reality of the situation becomes clear to them.

 

"Don't worry, you're all going to be OK, see?" Absolute hysteria breaks out as the people stare as Reshiram's talon rushes towards them like an asteroid. Instead of annihilating them, the sound of low, loud dings rumbles across the sky as a succession of waves runs across the atmosphere coming from Reshiram's talon's tip.

 

"See," Reshiram says as she taps the sky a few more times. "I've erected a shield to keep you safe. Your planet is presently the size of a... what do you humans call it? Oh yes, a golf ball. Don't be concerned. You will not be hurt if the barrier is up. Furthermore," Reshiram makes a chirp.

 

As Reshiram's talon soars through the sky, an ear-piercing screech bursts through the air, leaving a fading scratch mark in its wake. "This barrier, you see, permits me to have a full sensory experience of the Earth. Touch, sight, scent. And even flavour." A drop of saliva drops from the corner of her mouth.

 

Reshiram quickly pulls it away and returns to her thoughts. "Sound is just not a feasible option, regardless of how strong the barrier is. You're so little that I couldn't hear you. Furthermore, if I spoke, the sheer intensity of my voice would kill all of you."

 

Reshiram seeks to comfort the humans after realizing what she has just stated, "But don't worry, since because of my telepathy, I can converse with you using my mind as I would with regular-sized humans. That does, however, imply that the dialogue will be rather one-sided from now on."

 

"I'm not sure where I am," Reshiram murmurs, trying to restore her stream of thought.

 

"I have no intention of injuring or punishing you, contrary to what the others might be doing. While Arceus may have intended this to punish humans, on the other hand, Arceus has let us determine how to proceed with it, and some were happy with the idea. I didn't think so. So, rather than penalizing you, I want to play with you. I've seen many people and Pokémon interact, and I want in on the fun. So, I hope you're prepared."

 

Before anyone can fully comprehend what is happening, the humans notice that the sky around them is swiftly changing up and down. Many people brace themselves by grasping something, but nothing happens. Similarly, the world around them moves swiftly, yet it feels like nothing to the humans. They don't feel anything.

 

"This is wonderful," Reshiram smiles as she juggles the ball from one talon to the next, loving the sight of the tiny orb moving about, "and as you may have observed, even though I'm juggling you around, you are still absolutely safe and sound. I won't bore you with the finer details, but know that the barrier will protect you from more than just physical assaults."

 

While the orb's inhabitants are happy that the barrier will shield them from the overwhelming G-forces, they are less enthusiastic about Reshiram's next suggestion.

 

"Fetch is a frequent ball game you play with Pokémon. So, the humans would toss a ball, and the Pokémon attempted to catch it, right? So, why don't we give it a try?"

 

Reshiram begins to bob the orb up and down in front of her as she rests it between her wings.

 

"One," the humans begin to fear as Reshiram's face, rising and falling, begins to speed up.

 

"Two." More terror spreads over the orb since they have no clue how Reshiram will catch them.

 

"Three." Reshiram gives out a happy cry as the ball is sent into the air. She has already decided how she is going to catch the sphere. Reshiram closes her eyes and opens her lips wide, pointing her snout squarely upwards at the falling ball. She then waits for the landing by putting her tongue out to catch it.

 

 

And wait some more. Reshiram blinks a few times, first with one eye, then with the other. Then she rapidly wraps her tongue around her jaws, but it returns empty-handed. Finally, Reshiram levels her head and gazes from left to right, seeing nothing.

 

"How did I lose it, Arceus? Please don't tell me Arceus took my Earth back." Reshiram begins pacing about her domain, searching for the missing orb with a groan.

 

The humans let out a collective sigh as they fly up and above Reshiram's wide-open jaws. But the little respite is short-lived as they are swept up by a white abyss. As innumerable forest-like objects slam against it, every inch of the barrier trembles. Humans can only wait for the Earth to drop deeper into the abyss and hope that it will eventually return them to normal.

 

They can get away from Reshiram's playtime, but they can't get away from her continual chattering.

 

"Come on out, little fellows; I wasn't going to eat you. You're merely fooling yourself. The barrier permits me to experience the Earth's taste without harming it."

 

There is no reply. "Great, next time Arceus chooses to do something like this, I'm going to ask for two-way telepathy, not just one way," Reshiram says, stamping her foot.

 

"To hell with it, I must have swallowed it inadvertently; it wouldn't be the first time I've done something like this. Perhaps Arceus will grant me another. While having two-way telepathy and the power to summon the Earth whenever I choose." Straightening up, Reshiram says.

 

Unbeknownst to Reshiram, if she had remained leaned down just a little longer, she could have seen something little and spherical drop from her tail.

 

When they are finally released from their bizarre captivity, some of mankind rejoices, believing they have somehow escaped unscathed. But, when they stare up at the white feathery ceiling far, far above them, most know better. Two massive columns erupt on either side of the little ball.

 

While some know where they are, Reshiram's following comment clues in the rest of humanity.

 

"If you can hear me, Arceus, I need a new Earth because I kind of misplaced mine."

 

No reply.

 

"I think I'll take that as a no. Arceus does allow us to spend a day with our Earths, after all," Reshiram mutters defeatedly as she sits down.

 

Every individual on Earth goes into overdrive, dread and horror gripping them all as they watch the white ceiling fall closer and closer until nothing else remains.

 

"Ahh," Reshiram sighs, resting her whole weight on the floor, thinking of how she could play with the Earth.

 

Fear seizes the entire planet as the dragon Pokémon's total weight pushes down on the frail little Earth. But it isn't Reshiram's physique that startles the humans. Instead, it's something else entirely.

 

The barrier is there to protect them the minute Reshiram plays with the orb, but it appears that Reshiram never accounts for her total weight. They are tiny at the start, then as rapid as lightning, cracks appear, rushing through the barrier. As the wall begins to fail under Reshiram's divine derriere.

 

Tufts of Reshiram's feathers fly through the barrier and crash onto the ground below. People flee for shelter, but most realize there would be no place to hide if the wall collapses. Loved ones clutch each other, knowing that the end is nigh.

 

"Oww," Reshiram says, shocked. "Do you know where that pesky little Earth is?" Reshiram remarks as she moves her body ever so slightly. "Well, I believe it has vanished. So, all I can do is sit here and wait for it to appear somewhere?"

 

Humanity has no notion whether she is telling the truth or playing a joke on them. They don't have time to question as the Earth begins to shift beneath Reshiram. As the barrier deteriorates, it begins to provide less physical protection. Some of its other qualities start to deteriorate as well.

 

It starts off as mild tremors, but as Reshiram accelerates, so does the shaking. People clutch for everything they can in the hopes of avoiding being hurled off. Some people fear that they might be hurled back to Earth and get lost in the vast area that is Reshiram's booty. This is exacerbated by the gravitational pull of her cosmic body, which begins to drag up water and other objects towards her.

 

Reshiram leans down, trying not to snicker, and peers between her legs for her tiny Earth. Reshiram is taken aback since all she sees is the lovely booty she had been fiddling with. Reshiram then gives her booty a little shake, realizing what has transpired and smiles. And with a tiny smile, Reshiram watches as the little orb tumbles out of her feathers and floats underneath her.

 

"So that's where you all went, but I swear I checked there first. Or did you all slip under there while I was looking the other way? Don't attempt to dispute it; there's no other way you could have gotten under there."

 

 

 

Reshiram laughed hysterically at the Earth's sorrow. "Don't you humans often suggest going out for food first, rather than going right for her?"

 

Reshiram's words faded as her eyes gradually widened. "No way, no way, no way. I was under the impression that the barrier was much stronger." Finally, Reshiram saw the Earth with its barrier destroyed in various places and, to her surprise, she thought the oceans appeared different. "No way, no way, no way.”

 

"Oh, my goodness, I'm so sorry. Let me take care of things for you."

Reshiram reached down and set two talons on either side of the orb, to which the humans simply watched. Everyone closed their eyes in response to the sudden blinding light; as quickly as it began, the light and a freshly mended barrier faded into view.

 

"As good as new," Reshiram replied with a smile on her face that quickly became solemn. "Now that we've had a 'little' fun, we can go back to what's truly important."

 

The humans merely stood there watching as Reshiram slowly opened her lips, her tongue waving as if to welcome them. But as soon as it spread, Reshiram's mouth closed, and she drew her head away from them. Then, even more perplexed, they watched as the talons pulled the Earth forward and upwards for a few seconds before stopping still far from her face.

 

"I guess I could keep playing while your down there; I had planned on eventually moving you down there anyway, but I think we could start now," Reshiram remarked, immersed in contemplation as her free talons stretched down and penetrated her feathery body.

 

Many people were perplexed by what she was saying, but some understood what she meant, and while some anxiously awaited the spectacle, others remained frozen. Soon all of mankind realised what she was doing, Reshiram's talons began to spread open, revealing a pinkish cave, and the different sets of talons dragged the Earth in closer.

 

"Here we go," Reshiram replied, rubbing the orb up and down her lower lips. Then, terrified and disgusted, the people watched as slime slowly coated the barrier. The fleshy cave wanted to drag them in and swallow them whole, so it grasped and pulled the Earth closer to the deep, reddish, horrible tunnel.

 

Reshiram stroked the ground up and down and around and over for many agonising minutes until she was pleased. Then, finally, much to humanity’s relief, Reshiram moved the Earth away from her lower lips, but to their surprise, she let go of the orb and simply left it to hover there.

 

As they watched, Reshiram took a few steps back and gently turned around, elevating her tail.

 

"I understand how frightening this must be for you," Reshiram remarks as she shakes her booty at the orb. "However, I have no intention of annihilating you with this." She gives her booty a good shake. "I was going to sit on you jokingly, but I doubt you all want to go through it again. So, as a way of saying sorry, how about something exciting, especially for you?"

 

After that, Reshiram begins to rhythmically wave her booty side to side, gradually becoming faster and faster. Then, looking back, Reshiram offers Earth a mischievous yet passionate smile before wavering and filling the horizon once again with their prize.

 

The majority of people merely stand there, hypnotized by the weird yet sexual occurrence unfolding in front of them. At sight, several people applaud and catcall. Others, on the other hand, attempt to obstruct the eyesight of far younger people.

 

For what seems like an eternity, Reshiram's gorgeous booty dances away, occasionally brushing up against the orb but being repulsed by the barrier. But like with all beautiful things, it must come to an end. So, over time, Reshiram slows down until the enormous booty comes to a halt and is quickly replaced by Reshiram's visage.

 

"Well, as much as I love it, and you may have as well, although some of you may have enjoyed it a little too much, we must return to what we were doing before."

 

Humanity stares as a long pink serpent snakes its way out of her maw and darts towards Earth.

 

As the tongue laps at the extreme edge of the barrier, sucking in every ounce of flavor, the ordinarily white sky is replaced by a slimy pink sky.

 

"Oh," Reshiram whispers, her voice shaking, "that tastes wonderful, but I want more." The world is plunged into darkness before anybody can respond, as thunder booms around them and Reshiram's mouth slams shut.

 

They all know where they are even if they can't see anything, and all they can do is listen to the phantom sounds of the lapping tongue.

 

Because of the darkness, mankind has no idea how long Reshiram is licking them for, whether a few seconds, a few hours, or a few weeks. They are completely unaware. Though, another sound enters the fray as the sound of distant scraping fills in from the north, as well as the sound of the barrier stretching as something clutches the Earth from all sides.

 

 

Now there is a louder, more eerie sound as mankind realizes what is happening. They finally close their eyes and wait as a group.

 

Letting out an audible gulp, Reshiram traces the bulge with her talon as it moves down her throat and into her chest.

 

"Oh, oh, well," Reshiram replies as she wipes the drool from his mouth. "The flavor is certainly worth the wait. Oh, that's lovely. I'm going to tune up the taste receptors the next time I receive an Earth to get the complete Earth experience."

 

Reshiram continues, licking her lips. "Maybe I should simply forget about the barrier and munch on the Earth like a piece of candy. Then I might urge Arceus to make the Earth tougher and chewier." The thought makes Reshiram's mouth water with anticipation.

 

Reshiram returns her gaze to the Earth after a few seconds. "I'm only joking. I'd never be able to hurt you all," Reshiram murmurs this as she reaches inside her mouth and draws out a soaked but still intact Earth.

 

Even though they can see Reshiram's visage, humanity breathes a collective sigh of relief upon seeing the light again.

 

"Oh, let me get that for you," Reshiram says, opening her jaws again, but they are astonished when a tiny jet of flame comes out and laps at them.

 

Reshiram grins as she turns the flames away from the Earth. "Nice and dry. But, see, you simply have to believe me when I say I will never hurt you."

 

"At least not on purpose," Reshiram laughs uneasily.

 

"Now that we have a couple more hours to kill, what should we do?" Reshiram murmurs softly, smiling at the Earth as she considers all the possibilities that lay ahead.

 

"This is going to be a lot of fun."